Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2005 8:26am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Coming Clean

My friends;

My name is Kevin. I have for the longest time been oppressed by this site. Before you flame me, don't get me wrong - I have actually come here with a different message in mind. I want to confess and come clean about many things that have been going on. I've noticed Bullshido's true purpose - Exposing Frauds in the Martial Arts.

You see, I have a website called the Ki Sanctuary. But, my site only covered concepts and beliefs. It did not give you the Traditional Methods towards using Ki Energy.

I have been referred here by Grant. Grant has shown himself to be quite intelligent, and we spoke over MSN. For the longest time, I believed Ki was some supernatural power. True, I did make those videos and photos. And it is even true I did suffer from mental problems in the past.

It was my foolish pride and arrogance that kept me from realising that you guys are just trying to help the Martial Arts become better. And when I realised that, I also realised I had to change.

A year ago from today, I decided to start taking Shotokan Karate. My Sensei didn't know about these 'secret things' I did outside the dojo, the Ki Training, Ki Blasts, yada, yada. But when I told him about it, we had a long talk. This was a few days ago as a matter of fact.

"Kevin, you're too old to be doing this. Let me teach you proper form if you want to enhance your fighting skills."

I started running 3 miles a day and today am signing up for a Gym class to do weightlifting. Under the watchful eyes of my Sensei I will spar with my classmates and also concentrate on Kata and form, not "Powering Up and throwing Ki."

So I agreed. You see, Ki is misunderstood. I had the wrong idea about it but lately I have done my research and am attempting to revamp my website. There is an actual disease called "QiGong Disease" that results from improper ki practice (i.e., Rad Ki.) This disease is probably the mental episodes that trick the users into believing in a lot of ... well... strange things.

The Ki things on my site are just for fun. Not for Martial Applications.

Ki is merely a concept, a philosophy. Science has proven its existance. It is bioelectricity within the body, and the "Aura" is merely a weak, weak, magnetism generated by living things, from electromagnetic chemicals from within the brain.

I have come clean indeed in admitting all these things. "Powering Up" and "Ki Blasts" are not what wins a fight. It is proper form. Ki is a real thing, and I jumped too far ahead of myself and gave the Philosophy of Ki a very bad name.

The other affiliated sites of mine were perhaps the same way; they lost their way because nobody offered to ever show them the light, so to speak. Bullshido actually made me consider what I was doing.

Then it hit me: "Just what the hell am I doing?"

The other sites, like mine, wanted to teach things. But I now know that I should learn, like a real Martial Artist. My Sensei is coaching me harder than ever before now that I have come clean with him also.

Phrost - I do wish to apologise to you. I had you all wrong. I am hoping we can let bygones be bygones now.

So, is everyone cool? I hope I can learn the traditional methods and put the past behind us all. I can't wait to learn with the rest of you here!

Posted On:
    3/31/2005 8:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do we know you are serious ?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/31/2005 8:31am

supporting member
     Style: MT, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been speaking to Chrono for a while now. You have to hand it to him, it takes balls to come clean like this.

Let's try not to be assholes here, he has put himself out to you guys when he could have remained at the Ki Sanctuary.

Posted On:
    3/31/2005 8:32am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    I have been speaking to Chrono for a while now. You have to hand it to him, it takes balls to come clean like this.

Let's try not to be assholes here, he has put himself out to you guys when he could have remained at the Ki Sanctuary.

I don't see how my question was being an asshole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2005 8:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin69
    How do we know you are serious ?
    How, indeed. Well, I can start by answering any questions you may have. Keep in mind I am only an Orange Belt. But I am serious about wanting to learn.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/31/2005 8:34am

supporting member
     Style: MT, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't see your question.

I just thought I would respond because I understand that the urge to flame is very tempting at this point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2005 8:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any flaming I'd take at this point is worth it. I'm not blinded to the fact this site has excellent information, here.

Posted On:
    3/31/2005 8:36am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Giving you the benefit of the doubt, IF you have turned over a new leaf, WHEN will you be posting on your website that "ki" is bullshit?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2005 8:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin69
    Giving you the benefit of the doubt, IF you have turned over a new leaf, WHEN will you be posting on your website that "ki" is bullshit?
    Ki is not bullshit. It was my concepts on ki that were bullshit. Traditional Ki is seen in Tai Chi Chuan, Ling Kong Jing, Kiahjutsu. I don't know too much about the Traditional methods.

Ki is simply a term for the bioelectricity in the body..

Loving Father

Posted On:
    3/31/2005 8:39am

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would venture we wait and see. . .
    and, in that vein,
    Welcome to Bullshido, Kevin.

`~/
Page 1 of 30 1 234511 ... LastLast