Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 4:24pm

Style: Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkjeetkunedo
    Thats lame. You were there and didn't have the balls to knock on the door. I guarantee you, if you knock, John will open the door.

John needs a good laugh, grow some some balls.
    I walked in there back in July of 2006 and the only thing scary was the training equipment. Well, the Kiai's of the children's class that was in while I was there was pretty scary. Further research about the school pretty much made my decision for me about the viability of the school being able to teach anything useful to me.

As far as balls, lets see him act tough not in his own dojo full of his own supporters. If he's teaching MMA then he has to be teaching a grappling component. Me, I think the grappling he's teaching is straight up bunk and a waste of anyone's time when there are plenty of great grappling schools nearby.

How about it: Grappling match or an MMA match at a neutral venue. If Mr McNarby is teaching MMA, then having an MMA match or a grappling match against someone like me should be a breeze for him, his 'Way of the Samurai' techniques should completely overwhelm my for-sport skills in BJJ, Sambo, Judo and Wrestling. I mean, after all, so much was 'lefted' out of BJJ.

...Or how about an easier challenge for him: he answer those simple three questions that were posed on here multiple times and basically what I asked on my phone call to him. It's a pretty simple series of questions.

1. In which martial arts do you claim rank, and who were your instructors or the governing bodies which approved those ranks?

2. Your website advertises a "Boxing/MMA" class. What qualifications do you have in these areas, and what does the curriculum cover?

3. Has your school produced any fighters on the Amateur or Professional MMA circuits? If so, how well have they performed?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 4:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry, but WTF is "old school boxing"?
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 4:56pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMob
    Well JJJ was very realistic back when combat involved swords, knives, spears and mounted combat...

But that's a different discussion.

At any rate, A question I have regarding Boggs is: who else has he produced as far as MMA fighters? The Samurai Club produced two world class talents for their time: Carlos Newton and Joel Gerson (who beat Rumina Sato back when Rumina was miles ahead of everyone).

Who had Boggs produced?

Addtionally, what other JJJ instructors have produced good MMA fighters? Juan Mott was okay, but who else?

But that wasn't the question nor problem presented. A gym or style that concentrates on mma and lures potential talent for mma will always produce the most successful mma fighters. All I'm saying is you just can't lump in all JJJ into one category. Doing JJJ doesn't mean that you won't gain any success in mma either.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 5:40pm

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    walked in there back in July of 2006

LMAO ! :icon_clow Didn't make the cut into my school, its all making sene now....So much for BULLSHIDO........LOL

Keep "IT" Real,
    John McNabney

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 5:47pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicity
    walked in there back in July of 2006

LMAO ! :icon_clow Didn't make the cut into my school, its all making sene now....So much for BULLSHIDO........LOL

Keep "IT" Real,
    John McNabney
    can.....................you.......answer.......the ..................questions...................?... ...................L.........O.........L.......... .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 10:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is great, I think everything we need to know about McNarby and his organization has been answered.

It's been an entertaining read and chat.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 10:22pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you noticed everybody keeping this thread alive is SAMBO?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 10:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    But that wasn't the question nor problem presented. A gym or style that concentrates on mma and lures potential talent for mma will always produce the most successful mma fighters. All I'm saying is you just can't lump in all JJJ into one category. Doing JJJ doesn't mean that you won't gain any success in mma either.
    And I disagree, other than that outlier of Carlos Newton (who I argue is a student more of Moni Azik), what other JJJ for MMA schools have produced even guys who are successful on the amateur level?

It's about delivery system.
    Last edited by KingMob; 1/08/2008 10:30pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 10:32pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMob
    And I disagree, other than that outlier of Carlos Newton (who I argue is a student more of Moni Azik), what other JJJ for MMA schools have produced even guys who are successful on teh amateur level?
    Shonie Carter, Brian Gassaway.

I would also like to add that we can do this for a lot of systems. How many has Kempo produced? Chuck Liddell. How many has Kyokoshin produced? George St. Pierre. Shotokan? Ryoto Machida.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 12:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Shonie Carter, Brian Gassaway.

I would also like to add that we can do this for a lot of systems. How many has Kempo produced? Chuck Liddell. How many has Kyokoshin produced? George St. Pierre. Shotokan? Ryoto Machida.
    Shonie Carter and Gassaway come from a modern JJ, not a JJJ style at all.

George St. Pierre is about as much of a KK guy was Tito is a boxer.

Machida, I'll give you that, but again: an outlier.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast