Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2007 8:03pm

Style: Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Show up at your school, if you have a beef with me, we'll settle it in a neutral venue: not at a place I've taught at, not at a place you currently teach at... The days of the Gracie challenge are long over.

As I've said before, I wish your team the best of luck in Mixed Martial Arts competitions, I'm sure I'll see your students out there competing.

I don't think you're accurately selling Mixed Martial Arts by teaching a curriculum that doesn't have strong grappling art that can contend with those from the BJJ, Submission wrestling and Judo/Sambo schools that train for MMA in the area.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/27/2007 8:47pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMob
    Show up at your school, if you have a beef with me, we'll settle it in a neutral venue: not at a place I've taught at, not at a place you currently teach at... The days of the Gracie challenge are long over.

As I've said before, I wish your team the best of luck in Mixed Martial Arts competitions, I'm sure I'll see your students out there competing.

I don't think you're accurately selling Mixed Martial Arts by teaching a curriculum that doesn't have strong grappling art that can contend with those from the BJJ, Submission wrestling and Judo/Sambo schools that train for MMA in the area.
    What's with all the SAMBO guys starting trouble this time of season?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2007 9:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Scrooged Me
    What's with all the SAMBO guys starting trouble this time of season?
    Cold Siber... I mean, Michigan Winter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2007 10:59pm

Style: SEKKJBA, MACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

grammer

Mr. McNabney

i'm having trouble reading your post, due to spelling, and all those annoying dots. use bullets(bullet points) if you have to.
    Last edited by bill_nye68; 12/27/2007 11:01pm at . Reason: connection error

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/28/2007 12:23am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not what you do is that I have an issue with, it's what you don't do: MMA. MMA is a combination of Standup, Clinch and Ground... And while with your JKD curriculum you have a good standup element, trapping is not the same as clinch and JJJ is not the same as Judo, Sambo, Brazilian Jujitsu or Submission wrestling.
    Um, no it isn't per se but this guy and Carlos Newton might want to argue that point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPR5VwoUVdw

He's now a blackbelt under Renzo Gracie too but if you look at his bio and that video you can see he can contribute a lot to the JJJ

http://www.paulcreighton.com/paul.html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2007 4:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Scrooged Me
    Um, no it isn't per se but this guy and Carlos Newton might want to argue that point

He's now a blackbelt under Renzo Gracie too but if you look at his bio and that video you can see he can contribute a lot to the JJJ

http://www.paulcreighton.com/paul.html
    He was being trained in a 'modern' Jujitsu by Moni Azik, a big time judoka from Israel and one of the co-founders of Krav Maga. Yes, this was in the days when he trained with the Samurai club.

Judo and Krav Maga... That's far from Traditional JJJ.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/28/2007 5:38pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He was being trained in a 'modern' Jujitsu by Moni Azik, a big time judoka from Israel and one of the co-founders of Krav Maga. Yes, this was in the days when he trained with the Samurai club.

Judo and Krav Maga... That's far from Traditional JJJ.
    But I also know the guy who awarded him his belt, Earnie Boggs, and he's no joke. In other words there are JJJ that train much more realistically than others.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2008 2:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    But I also know the guy who awarded him his belt, Earnie Boggs, and he's no joke. In other words there are JJJ that train much more realistically than others.
    Well JJJ was very realistic back when combat involved swords, knives, spears and mounted combat...

But that's a different discussion.

At any rate, A question I have regarding Boggs is: who else has he produced as far as MMA fighters? The Samurai Club produced two world class talents for their time: Carlos Newton and Joel Gerson (who beat Rumina Sato back when Rumina was miles ahead of everyone).

Who had Boggs produced?

Addtionally, what other JJJ instructors have produced good MMA fighters? Juan Mott was okay, but who else?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2008 2:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's keep posting this until Simplicity responds.

Originally Posted by Kung-Fu Joe
    1. In which martial arts do you claim rank, and who were your instructors or the governing bodies which approved those ranks?

2. Your website advertises a "Boxing/MMA" class. What qualifications do you have in these areas, and what does the curriculum cover?

3. Has your school produced any fighters on the Amateur or Professional MMA circuits? If so, how well have they performed?

Thanks for your time! Looking forward to your responses.
    I'm still finding this whole situation laughable.

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 11:30am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Progressive Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I'm driving by the above mentioned school (Purple Dragon Studio) and while I already knew it was a OJKD school, I've never been very interested. This stems mostly from the fact that the Vertical fist and Chi Sao make me laugh so hard.

Anywho... I've been out of the area for a year and I was driving past the place recently and saw 'Mix Martial Arts (sic) and Boxing' classes, coming soon.

So I decided to put another call in to the school. :pity:

Just another person trying to cash in on the rise of MMA.
    Thats lame. You were there and didn't have the balls to knock on the door. I guarantee you, if you knock, John will open the door.

John needs a good laugh, grow some some balls.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast