Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/20/2007 5:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I couldn't even read this damn thread with all the...............Chainpunctuation(TM). That's annoying as hell, how the hell does any adult running a business write that way?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 6:32pm

Style: Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Purple Dragon Studio (John McNabney pt 2)

Okay, there already was an interesting conversation, but sometimes a school can go from non-bull to full on bull just by offering new classes.

So I'm driving by the above mentioned school (Purple Dragon Studio) and while I already knew it was a OJKD school, I've never been very interested. This stems mostly from the fact that the Vertical fist and Chi Sao make me laugh so hard.

Anywho... I've been out of the area for a year and I was driving past the place recently and saw 'Mix Martial Arts (sic) and Boxing' classes, coming soon.

So I decided to put another call in to the school. I was at first disturbed by the fuxxed spelling of Mixed Martial arts, but I knew that some of the people I used to train with before I left for a year were floating free, and I was hoping that they might be teaching there. Maybe they convinced the instructor to let them add a grappling program to the school.

So I put in a call asking for very specific things: Who's teaching the class, what's their experience in MMA, do they have any instruction in BJJ or Judo/Sambo for MMA.

So after some phone tag and some evasive answers, he finally contacted me and let me know that he has experience in boxing, tons of experience in Jun Fan and over 30 years of experience in Japanese Jujitsu... I then told him I wished the best for his school and his program and I hoped to see competitors from his school soon.

I should have been suspicious like I was back in 1997 when some 'shootfighting' school I walked into didn't have a mat to do groundwork on. Same here, no mat, no grappling credentials in a viable grappling art...

Just another person trying to cash in on the rise of MMA.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/26/2007 2:35pm

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    King Mod .......Aka Fredrick, if thats your real name, LOL. ......I gues you don't have, that of what we call in Jeet Kune Do "Tactical Awareness", I guess you didn't see all the real matts in the back corner..... Maybe we need some glasses like this dude has on! LMAO :glasses9:

So you call me up unaware of my background and just because you don't hear the BULLSHIT, that you have planted yourself in a "BOX" about......You assume you know what I do without every having the balls to see "IT" for real, thats fucking laughtable dude......It sounds to me you either don't have "IT", or because you are a "Keyboard Toll Warrior", that can't make it at anyone school......(It must suck to a know it all, huh? ).......When ever you like to see "Real Fighting", you are welcome to come in for a lesson, since I don't know **** and I am cashing in on MMA, it should pretty dam easy for you to take a lesson, huh!.......Of course since you are some "Bad Ass" "BJJ" guy, it should be real easy for .......I"ll show you what they lefted out of the BJJ that in "The Way of Samurai - JJJ" and you can show me "What I don't know as well.........Be looking for you soon, word....

For the record I don't train Jun Fan, duh! or OJKD, those are BULLSHIT terms that where created after BL death, do some more research man and get it right....

Keep "IT" Real,
    Sifu John McNabney
    (2nd Generation JKD Instructor & 5th Deg. Black Belt)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/26/2007 2:59pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. McNabney, thanks for posting. I can't say as I blame you for your defensive tone, given the atmosphere of the initial post, but permit me to ask a few questions, if I may. Hopefully, we can have a few things cleared up quickly, and without the need for yet another Internet flame war.

1. In which martial arts do you claim rank, and who were your instructors or the governing bodies which approved those ranks?

2. Your website advertises a "Boxing/MMA" class. What qualifications do you have in these areas, and what does the curriculum cover?

3. Has your school produced any fighters on the Amateur or Professional MMA circuits? If so, how well have they performed?

Thanks for your time! Looking forward to your responses.

--Joe

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/26/2007 3:06pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicity

For the record I don't train Jun Fan, duh! or OJKD, those are BULLSHIT terms that where created after BL death, do some more research man and get it right....

Keep "IT" Real,
    Sifu John McNabney
    Dude, you have no idea how tired I am of those terms too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/26/2007 11:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplicity
    King Modif thats your real name, LOL. ......I gues you don't have, that of what we call in Jeet Kune Do "Tactical Awareness", I guess you didn't see all the real matts in the back corner..... Maybe we need some glasses like this dude has on! LMAO
    Excellent, so you do have mats, you're already better than the 'grappling instruction' schools I've seen in the past.

So you call me up unaware of my background and just because you don't hear the BULLSHIT, that you have planted yourself in a "BOX" about......You assume you know what I do without every having the balls to see "IT" for real, thats fucking laughtable dude......It sounds to me you either don't have "IT", or because you are a "Keyboard Toll Warrior", that can't make it at anyone school......(It must suck to a know it all, huh? )
    Far from it, while you dwarf me in certificates and rankings, I am far from being 'kicked out of schools'. It's called being a victim of relocation.

When ever you like to see "Real Fighting", you are welcome to come in for a lesson, since I don't know **** and I am cashing in on MMA, it should pretty dam easy for you to take a lesson, huh!.......Of course since you are some "Bad Ass" "BJJ" guy, it should be real easy for .......I"ll show you what they lefted out of the BJJ that in "The Way of Samurai - JJJ" and you can show me "What I don't know as well.........Be looking for you soon, word....
    Really, are you challenging me? Excellent, either way, by the dictates of a challenge, the one challenged chooses the 'weapons'. I choose the very style you are advertising: MMA. Should I start looking for an amateur venue for us to have this out?

It's not what you do is that I have an issue with, it's what you don't do: MMA. MMA is a combination of Standup, Clinch and Ground... And while with your JKD curriculum you have a good standup element, trapping is not the same as clinch and JJJ is not the same as Judo, Sambo, Brazilian Jujitsu or Submission wrestling.
    Last edited by KingMob; 12/27/2007 11:29am at .

Posted On:
    12/27/2007 9:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    King Mod .......Aka Fredrick, if thats your real name, LOL. ......I gues you don't have, that of what we call in Jeet Kune Do "Tactical Awareness", I guess you didn't see all the real matts in the back corner..... Maybe we need some glasses like this dude has on! LMAO :glasses9:

So you call me up unaware of my background and just because you don't hear the BULLSHIT, that you have planted yourself in a "BOX" about......You assume you know what I do without every having the balls to see "IT" for real, thats fucking laughtable dude......It sounds to me you either don't have "IT", or because you are a "Keyboard Toll Warrior", that can't make it at anyone school......(It must suck to a know it all, huh? ).......When ever you like to see "Real Fighting", you are welcome to come in for a lesson, since I don't know **** and I am cashing in on MMA, it should pretty dam easy for you to take a lesson, huh!.......Of course since you are some "Bad Ass" "BJJ" guy, it should be real easy for .......I"ll show you what they lefted out of the BJJ that in "The Way of Samurai - JJJ" and you can show me "What I don't know as well.........Be looking for you soon, word....

Keep "IT" Real,
    Sifu John McNabney

What exactly is a "laughtable" and how is it used for fucking?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2007 11:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On further thought, what I most have issue with is the lack of a competent grappling system being offered, if your JJJ skills are so up to the task, a grappling match against me should more than prove your point that your 'Way of the Samurai' skills are much better than anything I've learned in Sambo, Judo or BJJ.

But the Amateur MMA match offer is still there, if you wish to continue with your challenge.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2007 4:44pm

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMob
    On further thought, what I most have issue with is the lack of a competent grappling system being offered, if your JJJ skills are so up to the task, a grappling match against me should more than prove your point that your 'Way of the Samurai' skills are much better than anything I've learned in Sambo, Judo or BJJ.

But the Amateur MMA match offer is still there, if you wish to continue with your challenge.

I guess none of your teachers (if you even had a teacher) taught you the "Mother Art" of BJJ, Aikido, Karate and Judo.......is JJJ, LMAO! :icon_wink I*_*I

I Challenged you?,....Your killing me man, LOL........You want to know what I teach my offer is still on the table TROLL, (must suck being you)........You and your forumy's want to know what I teach as far as ground & pound, at least man up.......and show up at my school. What day was that, you would like to come to see if I know MMA?

p.s. by the way I have tracked your IP address and know where you live and all of your trolling names on the internet...... :icon_wink

Keep "IT" Real,

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2007 4:57pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess none of your teachers (if you even had a teacher) taught you the "Mother Art" of BJJ, Aikido, Karate and Judo.......is JJJ, LMAO! :icon_wink I*_*I
    BJJ, Aikido, and Judo-- absolutely. But how, pray tell, can you possibly consider JJJ the predecessor to Karate? It's rather well known that Karate owes its origin much more to China than to Japan.

It looks like you may have missed my earlier questions, so here they are again:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kung-Fu Joe
    1. In which martial arts do you claim rank, and who were your instructors or the governing bodies which approved those ranks?

2. Your website advertises a "Boxing/MMA" class. What qualifications do you have in these areas, and what does the curriculum cover?

3. Has your school produced any fighters on the Amateur or Professional MMA circuits? If so, how well have they performed?

Thanks for your time! Looking forward to your responses.
    --Joe
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast