Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/03/2005 6:52pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Only one person called Bullshido. The rest said they had questions because of the term Authentic JKD. I just told him certain things that make people cry MCDojo. No one jumped on him except me and access1denied.

I was being helpful. Everything he said was MCdojoish. The street, kids classes, legends, RBSD, and multiple Martial arts taught. That makes a Mcdojo. Read the FAQ or ask an admin what a MCDojo is according to this site.

MCDojo=/=BAD GYM

Quit using all. Locu5 stuck up for him before you did. Omega just asked about JKD nothing about how he runs his school. He even talkked decent about his instructor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2005 6:55pm

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello Everyone,
    I glad to see all the attention I'm getting......I put authentic because to many people where calling to see if I teach FMA, BJJ amd Silat, Jun Fan.......I don't teach the concept method of Jeet Kune Do.......But having trained with Dan Inosanto......I respect him and any other OBLS......I don't have to prove anything to anyone.......but to myself......Its been nice though being brought to this site though......How many of you truly are researching the root of your own ignorance? I have and I'm still a student of life........I have found over the years that many in the martial arts community lose out on alot of info........because their cup is either over flowing or their un-teachable.......I tend to look at it this way, that all of us human beings have alot in common.......but we tend to always look at how we are all different first.......then how we are the same first.......What a dam shame! We miss out on alot of things.......thinking this way.

As far as my school.......I don't have contacts........I don't charge for testing......and I don't nickle and dime my students......I don't need contacts.........because I'm pointing the way and my students know it......I have females students that hit harder then most men.......I well say one more time, I turn away more then I accpet......one of the reason I started my school........because of all of the business martial artist out there......I was born to be martial artist and I'll die one.......I also find it funny that I had to come to this site this way, instead of being invited......Good Training to all.

Take It Easy,
    Sifu John McNabney

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/03/2005 7:03pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please don't get mad about the no invite. This isn't a yahoo group were you have to be approved by the admin. I think you would be surprised at how many are on here exactly the same way you are. My school was getting bashed, I came over listened, gave my points, and stuck around.

Again it is the way you are posting that makes people think MCdojo. You replaced kids with women. Not saying women can't fight. Yet, when you say I train women that hit harder than most men it sounds like a marketing device.

software engineer

Posted On:
    4/03/2005 8:54pm

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicity
    Dude, I'm so far away from being a McDojo studio, thats is laughable.......The closest I get to being that is my last name is McNabeny, lol.........We are a fighting school, we don't do point or MMA, but street-fighting.........I grew up in Detroit, Michigan and I know how to survive in the street.......even my kids class can open a can of whoop........I don't teach this RBSD system you speck of........Please with all respect to you........don't make accusation unless you know me or the facts....

Take It Easy,
    Sifu John McNabney
    Hey John, using ........ to make sentences is serious grammarshido.

Genius

Posted On:
    4/03/2005 9:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Purple Dragon... hehhe.. Is that like a trouser trout?
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Kenpo Instructor

Posted On:
    4/04/2005 6:05am

supporting member
     Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While Jerry Poteet is one of five poeple that has trained with Bruce Lee at his house.......this is a fact.....also he was one of BL senior students......just another fact.....When they were making "The Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story" they had the first guy trying to teach Jason Scott Lee how to move like BL.......but couldn't get the job done.....Then Jason took a lesson from Jerry Poteet......he then said that he wanted Jerry to teach him and the rest is history.....Mrs. Linda Lee has said that he had give back to his teacher in this way.......also most wouldn't know that Jerry Poteet was one of Bruce Lee's senior students that helped out with all the notes of BL, to put together in The "Tao of Jeet Kune Do".........as BL has said "We must find the root to our own ignorance"........the info's out there, you must find that facts and research this on your own........as far as Dan Inosanto being the only guy out there.......I think not.......Mr. Lee touched many life's in his time.......and if I can learn as must as I have from his OBLS and from his writings.........I can't even phantom what I would have learned from him if I had trained with him.......just my opinion.

www.warriorsport.com/jkdr/celsolineage.htm

Take It Easy,
    John
    My first Kenpo instructor (Vic from the IKCA) was supposedly trained by Poteet, in fact, he said they were roomates for a period of time and he does have many pictures with him and Richard Bustillo. He even took me to Inasanto and Bustillo Academy, Richard was a very pleasant man when I met him. I believed him at the time but have never verified the validity of that claim. Vic did have some very good hands, we'd do sticky hand drills on the way to the West LA studio while he was driving, and I can tell you, it wasn't all that fun or productive when he was driving down the 405 and nearly running off the road or into somebody cuz he'd get all excited LOL. OH the days of being young and impetuous.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde
    Saving Kenpo souls one at a time!

Put down your purse!

Speed is fine, but accuracy is final. Wyatt Earp, 1888

"For certain 'tis a shameful spite, and dreadful to the heart,
    For an Irishman to see a fight, and not be taking part."

--"How McPherson Held the Floor"

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    4/04/2005 8:03am

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think there are a great many people still confused that McDojo = bad training. IN some cases, such as the ATA, certainly it is poor training if you truly want to learn to fight. However the ATA has one of the best marketing schemes out there.

More schools/dojos with a serious MMA side would be wise to do what Omega is apparently doing to some degree. Those that don't understand the how and why I'd argue are lacking a bit of applied business knowledge.

Gringo Grande
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2005 8:22am

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meng_mao
    Hey John, using ........ to make sentences is serious grammarshido.

I only know how to be me.........some following what others do......Is this what this site all about, bashing people or is this site for real learning purpose? Everything that I have read hear is all - .......This place is a waste of my time......All of you so-call typing-warriors out there keep on typing away, LMAO.......bye.....bye

Take It Easy,
    John
    Last edited by simplicity; 4/04/2005 8:24am at .

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    4/04/2005 9:00am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am sorry that you are choosing to leave. Like many online communities, intial impressions are often wrong since you really have not had much interation with more established and older members. I hope you change your mind and consider coming to a Throwdown for some friendly exchange and mutual learning (along with as much sparring as you are up for).

Spend more time on the Techniques, Combat Sports, Throwdown forums for a better idea of what the site is about (there are a lot of "noise posts" on the Bullshido and General BS forums). It will also help you get an idea of those who can and those who say they can.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2005 9:02am

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I only know how to be me.........some following what others do......Is this what this site all about, bashing people or is this site for real learning purpose? Everything that I have read hear is all - .......This place is a waste of my time......All of you so-call typing-warriors out there keep on typing away, LMAO.......bye.....bye

Take It Easy,
    John
    I don't know where YOU'RE from, but here in the real world, being able to communicate thoughts clearly goes a long way towards establishing credibility. Especially, when we have nothing else by which to judge you.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast