Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    4/03/2005 2:33pm

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would you ever care to outline your business model for us Omega, perhaps in the BBC?
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/03/2005 2:37pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PO9
    Would you ever care to outline your business model for us Omega, perhaps in the BBC?

Ha. I was in the middle of PM him about that. You beat me to it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/03/2005 3:05pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Ha. I was in the middle of PM him about that. You beat me to it.
    You guys aren't serious are you?

Posted On:
    4/03/2005 3:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes.

You're a respected fighter and instructor here, yet you claim your business model is McDojo. I want to know how you work that out.
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/03/2005 3:19pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes.

You're a respected fighter and instructor here, yet you claim your business model is McDojo. I want to know how you work that out.
    How that works out? Easy, to have a pure MMA/fight gym is too hard. Every successful fight gym I've been to has a Mcdojo program. I can list half a dozen. Those who don't end up folding withing 3 years in many cases.

Posted On:
    4/03/2005 3:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well do you use contracts? Testing fees? Make them purchase your equipment? Do you have a BBC?

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/03/2005 3:28pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well do you use contracts? Testing fees? Make them purchase your equipment? Do you have a BBC?

Fine:

give me two days to make up a FAQ and I'll post it in the BBC

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/03/2005 3:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, if a McDojo is interested in the commercial aspects of MA, yet, in your case, is used in conjunction with a fight-based program, what differentiates the McDojo curriculum from the fight-based curriculum?

The implication of your statement, Omega, is that there is an implicit difference between your fight-based and McDojo programs, yet I had been under the impression that 'McDojo' was a term to refer only to business practice rather than instruction. Can you please clarify this?

Posted On:
    4/03/2005 3:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Omega.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/03/2005 5:43pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd only call bullshido if he said he was a Sifu in punctuation. (".........." means two long pauses before ending a sentence in a long pause. It must be hell for your students if they have to wait that long inbetween explaination.)

All kidding aside, I think you all are jumping on this man a little too quickly. I know of plenty of decent schools that leave a light flavor of bullshit in the way they advertise. Sometimes it's just their way of getting people in the door so they can teach them something effective and reasonably priced.

To Sifu John McNabney: I know that you felt the need to defend your school's legitimacy when people were too fast to jump on you. But I have to say your argument of being "mean streets" effective is probably not helping your case. Especially since your line about Detroit comes directly from "Best of the Best," which some people liked and others didn't. You should know as well as any of us that fighting ability isn't the first thing that gets someone's ass out of a self defense scenario unscathed.

You seem to feel like you run a good studio and I'm guessing just came on because you feel you were being unfairly judged to soon. But, I'd like to think that as a fledgling member of this community that the majority will not jump to conclusions. If you run a good school then continue to do so and you will be vindicated of any suspicion. In the mean time, try not to take offense at the buyers being cautious.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast