Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 12:01am

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMob
    ...and still you refuse to answer the questions or respond to my offer to 'settle up' this dispute?

I think everyone is done with this thread, nothing more needs to be said.

Are you "Challenging" me? You have brought that challenge up before in other post of yours. So KingMob are you challenging here, is that what your saying?

John Mc

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 12:07am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Simplicity, I would thin the dispute is your avoidance of the questions. Again:

SamboSteve originally posted:

Simplicity,

Why avoid the question then? Who is/are you teacher(s)? We know about you JKD background, but what about boxing, JJJ, and karate - the other classes you offer? And as asked above, in your opinion, what qualifies you to teach MMA?

Honestly, I don't care all that much and you may have a good solid answer, but your avoidance of the questions is confounding to say the least. You may not care or feel any need to answer, and that is cool. But, they are simple questions that any reputable instructor should feel comfortable answering. Your silence on the issue does not go very far towards defending your credibility...which is why I am assuming you came onto this thread to begin with.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 12:40am

Style: Sambo, MT, BJJ, CH

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the only reason this thread even still exists is because the questions won't be answered, and they aren't gonna get answered.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 3:30am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did my eyes deceive me? Two years and you have alerts coming to you mailbox don't yoursimplicity?

Turn them off and live your life.

I'm not going to get into the style basis argument. I do find it funny that you can tell people the amount of time you trained with someone and make it clear they didn't rank you.

In that same post you could have said this is my rank, this is who ranked me, and told everyone to shut up.

Delete notification and go to bed.

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 10:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JKD/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps the convolution of this thread has confused Simplicity as to what is being asked. Let me try to "Simplify" those questions:

1) Who is/was you jiujitsu teacher (s)?

2) How long have/did you study jiujitsu?

3) Have you ever competed in mixed martial arts or submission competition? If so, where and when?

Please do not use the "I train for the street" or "I fight on the street, not in the ring". MMA is a sport which is tested in the ring/cage/mats.

4) Please answer 1-3 in terms of karate and boxing.

Now, I have attempted to "Simplify" the questions that have been asked. Of course, you do not have to answer them. but, if you so choose not to answer them, please do not use misdirection, challenges, other questions, or some other obfuscation in their place. just admit that you prefer not to answer these questions.

Remember, "Simplicity" the simpliest thing is the truth. If you are afraid of people knowing the truth about you, that is your right.

p.s.

before you start on me, your usual "you dont answer anything about yourself, why should I?" , "what is your real name again?" etc, none of that is relevant. I do not have a commercial school, I do not teach, I do not make claims in the public venue, and do not advertise all the previous as you do. Since you choose to do all the previous, it is the publics right to ask those questions about you. As said before, it is your right to keep the consumer and the public ignorant by not answering them.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 11:51am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMob
    ...I thought I was pissing you off and we weren't discussing this anymore?
    Now you're just being a punk. Fine you want this arguement you got it.
    GSP is to Kyokoshin as Tito Ortiz is to boxing? What a load of ****. GSP's first main art was Kyokoshin and he still give acknowledgement of that everytime he bows in the ring. It would've been more appropriate to say GSP is to Kyokoshin as Ortiz is to wrestling, they've both evolve past it. You want more JJJ names and purist? What about Remco Pardoel? You going to point to his win/loss record? You point that out and I can do the same for any fucking style.

Let's take your style, SAMBO. Who have they produced besides 4 fighters world wide? What about boxing? Who've they produced inside the MMA ring worth mentioning? Very few.

My question was why do you think people go to the main 4? Boxing, wrestling, bjj, and muay thai? Truth it's all about the hands, throws, groundwork and kicking/knees. Truth it's all about training method, everything is very hands on in those four. So if a style adopts that attitude, which some already do, then there's no reason why you shouldn't do them. JJJ spawned Judo which spawned BJJ. Arguably some say it was really JJJ that spawned BJJ.

I really hate the fact that everybody is so brainwashed into the same fucking mentality that got traditional styles in trouble in the first place. If I do a triangle choke everybody jumps up and down and yells BJJ. Wrong, I learned it from a JJJ guy when I was in college. I throw a hook everybody cries boxing, wrong I learned that in kung-fu. Only thing I took from boxing were focus mitt drills. I didn't learn my footlocks from SAMBO, I learned them from shootfighting, I perfected them using SAMBO techniques.

What's my point in saying all this ****? Mentalities like yours should be obsolete in todays society. It's that mentality that produces biased and stereotypes in societies. You don't like JJJ that's fine but that doesn't make what you say true. There are some JJJ schools that can and do produce some skillfull people. Just because they don't focus on MMA doesn't make them worthless. If you want to jump on Mcnabney because you think he's ass and doesnt' represent well that's one thing but stop pigeonholing styles it makes you look like an ass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 11:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys aren't my consumer and I answer all of the question when people actual come to my school to ask, enough said :wave:

Good Training To Ya and Have A Great day I*_*I

Keep "IT" Real,
    John McNabney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 12:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arguably some say it was really JJJ that spawned BJJ.

I really hate the fact that everybody is so brainwashed

I couldn't not have said it better. People are to much of staying in the sand box. They box themselves into thinking there is only one way to the mountain top. When in reallity their are many paths that lead to the same destination, only someone with an open mind and alot of experience will come to this conclusion. We only have so many ways the human being can express themselves throught martial artist training. We only have two eyes, ears, arms and legs to start off with..........things will overlap from art to art. People in the know, know what I'm talking about. Just what Omega the Merciless, is saying as well......

Train hard, at the end of the day ask yourself. Am I traying to be like someone else ?...Am I getting any better? Am I becoming a better human being, that makes a difference in the world I leave in? ......and.....Am I trying to find the "Root To My Own Shortcoming" to improve who I am?

Keep "IT" Real,
    John McNabney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 12:27pm

Style: Sambo, MT, BJJ, CH

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Now you're just being a punk. Fine you want this arguement you got it.
    GSP is to Kyokoshin as Tito Ortiz is to boxing? What a load of ****. GSP's first main art was Kyokoshin and he still give acknowledgement of that everytime he bows in the ring. It would've been more appropriate to say GSP is to Kyokoshin as Ortiz is to wrestling, they've both evolve past it. You want more JJJ names and purist? What about Remco Pardoel? You going to point to his win/loss record? You point that out and I can do the same for any fucking style.

Let's take your style, SAMBO. Who have they produced besides 4 fighters world wide? What about boxing? Who've they produced inside the MMA ring worth mentioning? Very few.

My question was why do you think people go to the main 4? Boxing, wrestling, bjj, and muay thai? Truth it's all about the hands, throws, groundwork and kicking/knees. Truth it's all about training method, everything is very hands on in those four. So if a style adopts that attitude, which some already do, then there's no reason why you shouldn't do them. JJJ spawned Judo which spawned BJJ. Arguably some say it was really JJJ that spawned BJJ.

I really hate the fact that everybody is so brainwashed into the same fucking mentality that got traditional styles in trouble in the first place. If I do a triangle choke everybody jumps up and down and yells BJJ. Wrong, I learned it from a JJJ guy when I was in college. I throw a hook everybody cries boxing, wrong I learned that in kung-fu. Only thing I took from boxing were focus mitt drills. I didn't learn my footlocks from SAMBO, I learned them from shootfighting, I perfected them using SAMBO techniques.

What's my point in saying all this ****? Mentalities like yours should be obsolete in todays society. It's that mentality that produces biased and stereotypes in societies. You don't like JJJ that's fine but that doesn't make what you say true. There are some JJJ schools that can and do produce some skillfull people. Just because they don't focus on MMA doesn't make them worthless. If you want to jump on Mcnabney because you think he's ass and doesnt' represent well that's one thing but stop pigeonholing styles it makes you look like an ass.

easily one of the most well spoken/accurate quotes i've heard in a while, i reccomend you save it for use later! lol
    So many of the techniques used in one style can be found in another, but *shrug* you summed it up well. I still wish simplicity would answer the questions!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 12:41pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicity
    You guys aren't my consumer and I answer all of the question when people actual come to my school to ask, enough said :wave:
    That's very peculiar. I mean, if you don't want to discuss your martial arts experience, that is certainly your prerogative. And, of course, thank you for at least addressing the questions, if not answering them.

I just find it odd that you would want to keep your martial experience hidden. I know that, when I'm looking to join a Martial Arts gym, the first thing I look at is the instructors' credentials. I'm rather sure I'm not the only one who does this. I've never met a legitimate martial arts instructor that actively refuses to acknowledge his rankings and his teachers. I'm not trying to imply that it's impossible for such a person to exist, just that it's certainly outside the norm.

Especially in a situation where that instructor's qualifications have been called into question. Honestly, I see no easier way for someone to quash such rumors than to say, "I attained 'X' rank under instructor 'Y,' and that is why I'm qualified to teach 'Z.'" However, what you've done throughout this thread is to insist that you are qualified to teach MMA and Old School Boxing, but refused to explain why you are qualified. Is a prospective student supposed to just take you on your word, alone?

From a consumer's perspective, let's pretend I was someone in your area who was looking to start doing the Martial Arts. The first two websites I come across are yours and that of Martial Arts Unlimited ( http://www.maunlimited.com/ ). Looking at your site, I see absolutely no information on the qualifications of the instructors, outside of a claim of being a 2nd Gen JKD Instructor. Now, when I look at the Martial Arts Unlimited site, I see that Chris Malgeri has painstakingly listed all of his rankings and instructors in the various martial arts that he has studied-- including JKD training directly under Dan Inosanto and verifiable high-ranks in well-known groundfighting arts. What prospective student would choose your school over his on the weight of such information (or lack thereof)?

--Joe
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 121314 LastLast