Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 6:15pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kingmob, why are you being such an asshole about this point? Your statements can be said about boxing, bjj, muay thai etc. Modern JJ? And where did their basis come from? I don't want to have a lame lineage war arguement. I don't want to get into semantic arguements with you. You make generalized statements they tend to come back and bite you in the butt. There is an exception to almost all rules out there and where as I'll tend to agree on a less generalized sense I don't believe your original statement holds true.

And before you reply realize I don't really have the time or energy to really put forth a solid arguement. Most of those guys are just off the top of my head don't make me go into full research mode. Hell, what about me I'm trained in JJJ and technically not BJJ (I'm more sambo than anything else). I've seen the guys out there that know what they're doing. MMA is not a litmus(sp?) test on whether a martial art is of any value because most won't hold up alone in the MMA areana.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 9:19pm

Style: Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Kingmob, why are you being such an asshole about this point? Your statements can be said about boxing, bjj, muay thai etc. Modern JJ? And where did their basis come from? I don't want to have a lame lineage war arguement. I don't want to get into semantic arguements with you. You make generalized statements they tend to come back and bite you in the butt. There is an exception to almost all rules out there and where as I'll tend to agree on a less generalized sense I don't believe your original statement holds true.

And before you reply realize I don't really have the time or energy to really put forth a solid arguement. Most of those guys are just off the top of my head don't make me go into full research mode. Hell, what about me I'm trained in JJJ and technically not BJJ (I'm more sambo than anything else). I've seen the guys out there that know what they're doing. MMA is not a litmus(sp?) test on whether a martial art is of any value because most won't hold up alone in the MMA areana.
    Whatever you want man, I'll drop the point. I think I made enough of it clear at this point, and the fight game itself has provided enough proof that it really doesn't need to be discussed.

It just is.

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 9:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JKD/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMob

Then what style of Jujitsu is it? Who'd he learn it from? We've been asking these questions repeatedly and no answers at all.
    John McNabney's JJ experience comes from the following source:

http://www.centerforpracticalselfdefense.com/

The sum total of his experience was a year ago at the Wed Nite Groups weekend camp in Las Vegas last Nov (2006). He got a few hours of training with these guys along with the rest of us (during the seminar - yes, i was there). He got a few more from them when he had them out last summer for a two day seminar. That is the sum total of his JJ exeprince. How he teaches a MMA class is beyond me. And yes, he is quick to issue challenges on a bunch of forums, but he always wants you to come to him. Not a very honorable way of challenging, is it? I am sure his response to this post will be another challenge, this time to me..."come and i will show you how good my MMA is...lol.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 10:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkdgymrat
    John McNabney's JJ experience comes from the following source:

http://www.centerforpracticalselfdefense.com/

The sum total of his experience was a year ago at the Wed Nite Groups weekend camp in Las Vegas last Nov (2006). He got a few hours of training with these guys along with the rest of us (during the seminar - yes, i was there). He got a few more from them when he had them out last summer for a two day seminar. That is the sum total of his JJ exeprince. How he teaches a MMA class is beyond me. And yes, he is quick to issue challenges on a bunch of forums, but he always wants you to come to him. Not a very honorable way of challenging, is it? I am sure his response to this post will be another challenge, this time to me..."come and i will show you how good my MMA is...lol.
    That's some very enlightening information, and the webpage is mindblowing.

Thanks for the info.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 10:49pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMob
    Whatever you want man, I'll drop the point. I think I made enough of it clear at this point, and the fight game itself has provided enough proof that it really doesn't need to be discussed.

It just is.
    Which is why I wanted to switch the point to why? Even on this website you throw out the question "what do I take if you want get into mma?"

The answer tends to be the same 4 but that doesn't mean you can't look outside of the same 4 and still produce the same results.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 10:53pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A few posts back, Sifu John posted this as his sig:

Keep "IT" Real,
    Sifu John McNabney
    (2nd Generation JKD Instructor & 5th Deg. Black Belt)
    We got the skinny on his JKD lineage earlier on, but is John claiming a 5th dan in JJ from these guys posted above?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 10:55pm

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :wav: You guys are killing me, LOL ........So I train a few times with someone and now there my JJJ teacher, you haters are tripping......... I*_*I

Keep 'IT" Real,
    John McNabney <--------------------(puts his real name there, got balls:thefinger )

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 10:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Which is why I wanted to switch the point to why? Even on this website you throw out the question "what do I take if you want get into mma?"

The answer tends to be the same 4 but that doesn't mean you can't look outside of the same 4 and still produce the same results.
    ...I thought I was pissing you off and we weren't discussing this anymore?

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 11:03pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Simplicity,

Why avoid the question then? Who is/are you teacher(s)? We know about you JKD background, but what about boxing, JJJ, and karate - the other classes you offer? And as asked above, in your opinion, what qualifies you to teach MMA?

Honestly, I don't care all that much and you may have a good solid answer, but your avoidance of the questions is confounding to say the least. You may not care or feel any need to answer, and that is cool. But, they are simple questions that any reputable instructor should feel comfortable answering. Your silence on the issue does not go very far towards defending your credibility...which is why I am assuming you came onto this thread to begin with.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 11:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicity
    :wav: You guys are killing me, LOL ........So I train a few times with someone and now there my JJJ teacher, you haters are tripping......... I*_*I

Keep 'IT" Real,
    John McNabney <--------------------(puts his real name there, got balls:thefinger )
    ...and still you refuse to answer the questions or respond to my offer to 'settle up' this dispute?

I think everyone is done with this thread, nothing more needs to be said.
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 LastLast