Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/26/2005 4:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kungflujitsufliptric.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Good shooto schools in the U.S.

I live close to Louisville KY but am actually in southern indiana. I'd like to find a good place to get into the shooto or pancrase organization

Posted On:
    3/29/2005 2:37pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know how much luck you're going to have. As far as I know, there aren't any good Shooto or Pankration schools in the area. You've got a multitude of BJJ schools, one place that teaches Muay Thai, Krav Maga, and BJJ (as separate classes with separate instructors, not all together), Louisville MMA, which is more of a club than a place to get formal training (haven't been there yet, a couple guys I roll with go on occasion, though), a few small Judo places, Hwang's McDojo Deluxe, other TKD places, a couple Kung Fu Schools, Karate Dojos, a Systema place or two, and an assortment of other arts.

I'll ask one of the Purple Belts at my school that rolls a lot with other schools/arts if he knows anything about a Shooto or Pancrase group, though.