Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    3/25/2005 10:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaney
    I train in London with Master Suresh Nar. I train in Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan under him.
    Cool, we'll have to meet and train some time. London UK I take it...
    *In fact, I'm organising a pressure testing session for 17th April in central london. Let me know if you're interested.

Re the history of TSD. The cartoon is said to be inaccurate by some TSDers but not a single one has pointed out what is in error -which says something I think...

I'm going to write an article with the cartoon and relevant cross-references to sources etc, at submit it to the cartoons section of the articles (thanks for making the home for Fantasy Warrior Phrost, sorry it takes me so long to sort out articles).

If anyone can see any errors, please point them out, as I don't weanty to be hypocritical.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2005 10:21am

Style: Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes indeed London UK
    I'd be interested to hear more about this pressure testing thingy up town. Not sure if i can make it though, need to see if I can get out of stuff. Sounds good though.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    3/25/2005 11:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    Re the history of TSD. The cartoon is said to be inaccurate by some TSDers but not a single one has pointed out what is in error -which says something I think...

I'm going to write an article with the cartoon and relevant cross-references to sources etc, at submit it to the cartoons section of the articles (thanks for making the home for Fantasy Warrior Phrost, sorry it takes me so long to sort out articles).

If anyone can see any errors, please point them out, as I don't weanty to be hypocritical.
    if you can get ur hands on it GM Hwang Kee's history of moo duk kwan book is a decent resource. but when i read it i cud feel the anti TKD propaganda a little. I dunno maybe just me and my dislike of TKD.

Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    3/25/2005 12:32pm

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard a few things about TSD's origin, including the "traces back 2,000 years" theory to some cave scribblings.. My WTSDA manual barely mentions Hwang Kee at all, with just an anecdotal "...and Master Hwang Kee organized the "Korean Soo Bahk Do Association" on November 9, 1945."

Most of the ancient history tells a quick glance over the Three Kingdoms period, and then switches to WWII era history. Then it goes a bit more modern, when it says that "In 1968 Master Jae Chul Shin came to the United States of America as the U.S. representative for the Korean Soo Bahk Do Association. He formed the United States Tang Soo Do Federation in Burlington, New Jersey."

If anyone is interested, just give the word, and I'll type up the rest of the history.
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    3/25/2005 4:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kistrael
    I've heard a few things about TSD's origin, including the "traces back 2,000 years" theory to some cave scribblings.. My WTSDA manual barely mentions Hwang Kee at all, with just an anecdotal "...and Master Hwang Kee organized the "Korean Soo Bahk Do Association" on November 9, 1945."

Most of the ancient history tells a quick glance over the Three Kingdoms period, and then switches to WWII era history. Then it goes a bit more modern, when it says that "In 1968 Master Jae Chul Shin came to the United States of America as the U.S. representative for the Korean Soo Bahk Do Association. He formed the United States Tang Soo Do Federation in Burlington, New Jersey."

If anyone is interested, just give the word, and I'll type up the rest of the history.
    please do, i am interested. thats interesting that the US TSD Federation HQ is in NJ. The US Soo Bahk Do Federation HQ is in NJ too.

Posted On:
    3/25/2005 4:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, the WTSDA HQ is located in Philadelphia, but will soon be moving to Parkesburg. That's not very far from where I live, about a half-hour drive at most.

http://worldtangsoodo.com/events/Building/

I'll post the manual later.
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    3/26/2005 6:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, if people post it on various korean MA/TSD forums we can pick up any errors.

As it is, no TSder outside of Bullshido likes it but still none can point out where it's factually inaccurate.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Posted On:
    3/26/2005 8:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, now that I look in the manual... it says:

"Reproduction of all or part of this manual without written authorization is prohibited. This book is for members use only."

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to type it up then. I don't want to be banned. :sad5:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2005 9:04pm

Style: Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    luckily i have no such fears and will post the contents of my manual as soon as a) it's not 3 in the morning and b) i've sobered up!

Posted On:
    3/26/2005 9:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone got Wall of Shame'd for posting copywritten materials.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast