Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/21/2005 11:57pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TUF 10

So what did ya guys think?
    I'm sad. I really wanted Chris to win, but kenny hung in there and got a good elbow.
    **** though, Chris should have been doing round knees if possible instead of just foot stomping. But its easier said then done.
    Last edited by FighterJones; 3/22/2005 12:09am at .

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    3/22/2005 12:10am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That should no be considered a win. I think it should be like boxing, that if a cut stoppage occurs before a certain point that it goes to the score cards.

He got the luckiest shot in the world. I mean that is complete bullshit and it sucks for Leben that his face was made with his eyebrows on a lot of bone.

As for Koschek saying he is going to give it to Diego...please...give me a break.

As for Kenny Florian...nothing impressed me except for him being able to not take a solid punch. He didn't get hit that solid so that is a plus. Nothing he did was that impressive, too scared to try and take Leben down.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2005 12:11am

Style: No gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that was an awesome fight. i really thought leben had it but all it takes is a lapse of concentration and a well placed elbow.

i really liked the hammerfist to the thighs, not a fight ender but a spirit killer on a weaker opponent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2005 12:13am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was really surprised at the outcome, I thought for sure it would be leben, ****.

DIEGO VS KENNY FOR THE FINALE.

Posted On:
    3/22/2005 12:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't understand why Kenny chose to stay on his feet. He gets kudos for banging away with Chris, but he wasn't getting the better end of that deal (aside from his first professional elbow).
    Last edited by punchingdummy; 3/22/2005 12:17am at .

is still hungry.

Posted On:
    3/22/2005 12:14am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like how the BJJ black belt made little to no attempt to take the fight to the ground.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2005 12:17am

Style:  Ultra-Vicious Jailhouse

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For as much credit as people give Chris for his power, he landed A LOT of punches without doing much damage. Plus he had about 15 lbs on him. It was a disappointing finish to an otherwise exciting one sided fight. Chris didnt respect Kenny's power and left himself wide open.
    Oh yeah I hope Forrest is okay to fight, so Bobby can be disappointed once again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2005 12:18am

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    That should no be considered a win. I think it should be like boxing, that if a cut stoppage occurs before a certain point that it goes to the score cards.
    I think the idea is that the guy with the cut would lose the fight in the long run. in this case leben couldn't see any strikes to the side of the head.

anyway i think it was a damn good fight. leben was clearly winning, but damn that was a lot of blood. i was kind of hoping to see some of kenny's amazing Jui Jitsu abilities, but i digress.

next weeks fight should be pretty interesting. diego should have it won in the first round, but we will see.

Posted On:
    3/22/2005 12:21am

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty good episode. Chris clearly dominated in terms of aggression both 1st and 2nd. Before they moved out of the clinch I knew that elbow was going to do some major damage. I was thinking about how I had heard that in purely muay thai bouts an elbow to the head is one of the most common ways to win because it's so easy to cause a cut that way.

I thought it was pretty big of Chris to admit Kenny was a better technical fighter. The whole companionship to the bitter end thing really showed that MMA guys although fighters can be really nice. This show seems to be doing a great job in showing how even though the sport is brutal, that doesn't make the competitors barbarians.

I also must admit I enjoyed some of the commercials. I don't know about what everyone else saw, but the Tekken 5 add (start) was hilarious. Made me think of the site. The TSK add was well placed and made me smile...especially because I trained tonight.

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    3/22/2005 12:23am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah Koschek is one cocky son of a bitch.

I do agree though that he probably would of had a much harder time winning the fight with a cut placed over his eyebrow. Now I do however think that just because Kenny Florian happend to land a lucky elbow shouldn't be considered the victor.

I think it is crap, because Kenny Florian was getting his ass handed to him.

As for Chris Leben landing a lot of shots? Uh yes he was, but he never landed a good solid shot in my opinion. Which is why Kenny was able to stand so long with him. Give him the rest of that round and I think Kenny would of been knocked out.

Also, I think Kenny didn't want to try and take Chris down.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast