Sponsored Links Spacer Image

The Eternal n00b

Posted On:
    3/19/2005 1:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: CM Boxing/BJJ/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it's more of people are wary of jumping the gun.

Posted On:
    3/19/2005 1:40am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's put it this way:

He's already full of **** by making the claim that he's one of only two GJJ black belts in the US.

How is it jumping the gun to combine this with the fact that he's not listed ANYWHERE as being a BB?

Yes, all the facts need to come in before he can be outright labeled a fraud. But it's not looking good, and it is perfectly acceptable to call him a douchebag for misrepresenting himself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2005 1:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't bother reading any of this cause its way to long- but i just have to say that that guy totally looks like that fat nerdy guy who works in the grossary store craig from Malcom in the middle- incase no one pointed that out yet

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    3/19/2005 1:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by antonanton
    I didn't bother reading any of this cause its way to long- but i just have to say that that guy totally looks like that fat nerdy guy who works in the grossary store craig from Malcom in the middle- incase no one pointed that out yet
    Bingo.

Posted On:
    3/19/2005 2:02am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If his current title is "Instructor and Competitor, Mixed Martial Arts," where does he teach?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    3/19/2005 1:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow its been awhile since I've seen a BJJ BB Bullshit artist. I've had the pleasure of running into 3 in person but that was years ago. I can't fathom why a person would put such obvious BS on the internet with the level of information being shared nowadays. I agree pple sometimes jump the gun here but if this guy turns out to be legit it will shock the hell out of alot of pple.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    3/19/2005 2:03pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asia
    Wow its been awhile since I've seen a BJJ BB Bullshit artist. I've had the pleasure of running into 3 in person but that was years ago. I can't fathom why a person would put such obvious BS on the internet with the level of information being shared nowadays. I agree pple sometimes jump the gun here but if this guy turns out to be legit it will shock the hell out of alot of pple.
    He's a fatass with highly unlikely claims (undefeated?). If he isn't BSing, then we might as well expect WW3 to happen soon.

PL

Posted On:
    3/19/2005 3:02pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyassor
    It's still a complete mindfuck to me why anyone would not want Rob to check on this guy's credentials or would criticize him for doing do, as some above posters have mentioned.

Here's an interesting and subtle point about Bullshido: IT'S ABOUT EXPOSING FRAUD IN THE MARTIAL ARTS.

This is an excellent example of fraud. While some of you might whine that this is a "resume vetting function", a black belt in BJJ still means quite a bit. In the still fairly small BJJ community, verifying one's BJJ historyis not difficult, and Rob, a legit BJJ black belt, probably would have heard of him before. The statement about being only the second "American" BJJ blackbelt is absurd.

If this guy is able to hold himself out to the world as a BJJ BB without having the legitimate skill level, Rob's blackbelt, which I'm sure he worked extremely hard for for a long time, is made less valuable by such fraudsters.

Rob is trying to protect his investment in his BB. While to you a BJJ BB might not mean anything, it certainly means a hell of a lot to Rob and a lot of BJJ practitioners. This guy has taken the respect and goodwill that legitimate BJJ blackbelts have, through years of sweat, earned for themselves in the ring and is trying to appropriate it for himself. In short, he's stealing something from Rob and BJJ practitioners everywhere.

More to the point, this should be the exact point of Bullshido. The reason TMA's are in the pathetic state they're in right now is exactly because no one performed the "resume vetting" function you deride now.

Instead of bitching about exposing a potential fraudster, why dont you do something to clean up the art you practice and shut up?

EDIT: Also, because some people seemed to have missed it, he listed his "Title" as an INSTRUCTOR of MMA.
    exactly!
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Posted On:
    3/19/2005 3:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStanMan
    Claims to be a member of "Team Fullblown". I can see that.
    More like "Team OverBlown", given the questionable credentials.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    3/19/2005 6:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am going to agree with Ron and company. If he were stating he was BB , no less the only one of two in the US, in my style, I would definatly call his bluff.

:headbang:
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 101112 LastLast