Administrator

Posted On:
    3/21/2005 12:01pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tourettes
    There is/was a Team Full Blown in Dayton, Ohio. Don't know anything else as there's just a listing:

(cut + pasted)
    "Ohio Dayton Team Full Blown Full Blown Fighting Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Tracy`s Kenpo Mixed Martial Arts Shootfighting"

There's an address and phone number as well, but you can go look up the link and find them. I'd suggest not doing a thing with either unless you're being constructive.

This is where I found the info (from a google search. I figured if the guy is [potentially] foolish enough to exaggerate/lie on the web, he might be guilty of typos in his writing):

http://www.intershopnetwork.com/mart...ools.htm#o hio

also:

http://www.challengermartialarts.com/schools.ht m

It's a multi-domain directory of martial arts schools - maybe one of those failed bad-ideas from the late 90's - trying to do a yahoo thing for martial arts. The link came up more than twice, but always 404'd out or had server misconfiguration errors.

I'm sorry, but I doubt strongly he did anything in the late 90's. Suggesting he drove 2 hours plus from college to teach and run a school I doubt. No one is doubting the validity of TFB it is Stephen Clark we doubt.

Or better yet, using the address in ohio driving 5 almost 6 hours to run a school while attending Law school in Tennesee. C'mon that is BS no way is that a typo.

Now, he could have participated in tournaments. It is just the fact that GJJ is very specific in their linneage. For him to claim he is one of only two is insulting. Rob hasn't heard of this guy and he is one non-brazilian GJJ BB. The fact that he used GJJ instead of BJJ means he knew what he was typing.

Typos??? Claiming to own TFB, Competeing in tournaments, 1 of 2 non-Brazilian Gracie BB, undefeated record, security, body guard, and law student. This is more thean a typo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2005 12:31pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whoah, slow down - was just indicating that there is/was something called Team Full Blown and not Team FullBlown. Actually, there is a "Team Fullblown" but it's a amateur Honda racing team of some sort:

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Garde...what_s_new.htm l

Posted On:
    3/21/2005 12:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Royce Gracie Black Belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol at anyone thinking this guy is legit.

An american Blackbelt......directly from the gracie family(only about 20)...........who is also undefeated in BJJ and MMA comp......and no ones heard of hiim.

anyone who is still holding out that this might be true please PM me as i have a bridge in brooklyn I am dying to sell for a very good price

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2005 12:58pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think he's legit - there are too many things that don't sound correct or can be easily exaggerated, but unless you can convince him to participate in this discussion of his credentials or find reputable sources who will either back his stories up or refute them(much more likely), you're stuck.

This draws on a bigger question - what if he just ignores all the emails to him, everything that happens on this board - then what? You can contact his school, but for what reason? Chances are, his school won't care about his past so long as he didn't lie, cheat and steal on their entrance requirements and doesn't lie, cheat and steal while he's a matriculated student. Afterall, he's not a fraudulent martial arts practitioner/instructor there now - he's an MBA candidate.

Is there a point where this attack on his credibility is or will be considered a success if he never responds to your emails and/or there is no verification of his credentials? How will that success be measured?

WTF???

Posted On:
    3/21/2005 1:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His bio has been removed from the school website. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for his e-mail responses. He's hiding under his fat fat bed.The links for "Ohio Dayton Team Full Blown Full Blown Fighting Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Tracy`s Kenpo Mixed Martial Arts Shootfighting" looks like a lame attempt to create some fake legitimacy for his fat fat lies.
    :new_micro

Posted On:
    3/21/2005 1:43pm

Style: wingy chingy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On a side note I can imagine how this must make some people feel. It's one thing to be an asshole and call yourself a bb or highly skilled practicioner of an art without cause. When you start claiming specific family affiliations though, it can really piss people off.

There was a guy who came into the kf school where I train about half a year ago. He claimed to be a ving tsun sifu from our family, but when he started working out he was getting pushed around and dominated by students with less then two years of kung fu. The guy had no idea what he was talking about.

I wasn't there for this, but when my sifu was telling me the story later he talked about how pissed off **** like that made him. The guy could have walked into any other ving tsun school in town (there are about 5 or 6 in Austin) telling people he was a sifu from our family. Then we get a reputation for sucking ass.

And if this guy really was teaching other people and not just claiming sifu status for his own ego, then his students' kung fu is most likely going to be weird/bad, which adds to our bad reputation, etc. etc. It's mind-boggling at times.

You gracie guys should feel lucky that your rep is pretty stellar, and one shitface in iowa isn't going to affect it even if he did start training people.
    "It does not matter who the master is. It does not matter what the face looks like. The masters are of the Qimen school of qigong/meditation which is related to Zen. The master wears white robes, and the predecessor master wears bright gold robes. The qimen school travels the univers and is not restricted to what paradise they live in. It has many masters" -Serious Harm

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    3/21/2005 1:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One thing about the GJJ lineage...it's still new enough and intact enough that if this guy was teaching people 'GJJ' without accreditation, they could sue his ass off. :5squeeze:

Host-Personal Defense TV

Posted On:
    3/21/2005 2:32pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, if it all ends right now, I would consider it a success. He has been outed no matter how small and he knows it. The page has been removed and the school has been informed. Eitherway, this shithead has to look over his shoulder (so to speak) and wonder if this will comeback later to bite him. Hopefully, he was also lying about being an Instructor,so as to spare the sheep that may or may not being following him.

If it is later found that he does have school, then the next step would be in that direction.

Posted On:
    3/21/2005 2:57pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone wanna volunteer to write up a synopsis/article on this?

Posted On:
    3/21/2005 2:59pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A classic thread? Wow, first I would like to thank the Academy and the fans who made this all possible...

As I understand it that guy got more than a few emails from people over on MMA.tv as well.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12 LastLast