Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2005 2:41am

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My First Fight In Thailand

Hey, i was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to do some reading on a good pre fight diet. Ive been in Thailand for a few months training and i have my first match in about a week. Im not to worried as from all the matches ive seen here so far with foreigners fighting for the first time with Muay Thai rules they seem to be matched up well with there thai opponent. Ive done a bit of reading on bulking up on complex carbs before the fight but then i also saw a few articles against the idea as its more complex than most people think, to get the proper energy release from certain carbs.

Any info or tips would be great, my friend is going to film the fight so i should be able to post it online for everyone to see. Tonight im off to a boxing festival and my foreigner friend (female) who trains at our gym in Chiang Mai has her first fight. if we tape it ill try an post that as well.

thanks for any help :)

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    3/18/2005 2:44am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What have your coaches said on the matter when you asked them?

You did ask them, right?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2005 3:01am

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The gym i stay at, we all eat togather and thats all the thai fighters eat. They probably have at least 10 fighters fighting a week but none of the thai guys seem to eat anything but the rice and curry or some random thai dish with meat. They are all so relaxed about fighting as some of the guys are fighting 2 and 3 times a week i dont think they care about what they eat before a fight. But they run 20 k a day, im lucky if i get in my 10 a day so i think thats the difference. You do have a point tho i have not directly asked my Kru what i should eat. Ill ask today and see what advice i get, i think my diet is fairly healty anyways so i should be ok im just looking to see if i can get any more energy to make sure i last the 5 rounds hehe.

The guys at the gym are crazy tho, we always just go out to watch one of our fighters box and alot of times the promoters comes up to the guys and asks one of the fighters (who are not schedualed to fight) if he wants a fight tonight, and of course they always accept as they need the money.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    3/18/2005 3:11am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your diet's fairly healthy anyways, your "energy" in the ring will likely be more dependent on your cardio conditioning and the pace of the fight itself. Me personally, I'd probably cut the curry out two days before the fight so I wouldn't possibly have an upset stomach. When I ran track in HS, if I had OJ and milk together (as in eating cereal with a glass of juice), I'd usually get gas cramps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2005 8:23pm

Style: Brass Monkey

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the way i see it, john sullivan probably didn't even know what a carbohydrate was
    Last edited by Timbo; 3/20/2005 8:25pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2005 7:51am

Style: KARATE / MUAY THAI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    good luck!

none of the coaches advised us about diet when i was training there. just eat sensibly and drink loads of water.

remember to bet. makes it so much more fun..

Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    3/21/2005 11:24am

Style: Pimpin/Tango-thanks Xango

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, good luck in your fight!
    Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS