Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Sardonic or Sarcastic?

Posted On:
    7/29/2005 6:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Filipino Kun Tao, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The response from Mr. Garza is boilerplate. He used the exact same response on the PSDTC forum topic regarding his style. He probably didn't bother to read the topic in full, if at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I would so do Buttsecks.

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    7/29/2005 8:50pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your Matrix system is good, but my Neo system will defeat you.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/02/2007 4:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: KunTao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    Guy Savelli is a badass! He can paralyse you and knock over donkeys from the next room.
    I hope you are honest, because It really angers me that people are so direspectful to Master Savelli and what he can do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2007 4:43pm

Style: Systema & BJJ noob,x BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trowa_strife
    I hope you are honest, because It really angers me that people are so direspectful to Master Savelli and what he can do.
    Trowa, I'm going to distance myself from any actual debate about Master Savelli (because I don't know anything about him and I haven't actually read this thread). Instead, as one relative newbie to another, I'd like to offer you some advice about this forum.

* First off, it's probably best if you lurk a bit and read a few threads before posting much more. Just so you can get your head round what this site is about and how people interact with each other.

* Second, you probably need to get a thicker skin about stuff. There's not much point getting genuinely angry because someone you don't know insults someone you respect online. Particularly on bullshido. People get insulted all the time here, it's part of the culture of the place. Many posters here feel that no-one 'deserves' their respect unless they have shown something to earn it. As a result some good people get insulted, along with a lot of douchebags. Most of the good people don't take it to heart too much.

* Third, and this might be the most difficult part, it's probably worth disengaging loyalty for a while in order to engage critical thinking. For all that I know, Master Savelli may be all that you think he is. However, if your respect for him comes from ignorance (ie you don't have enough experience or knowledge to make a reasonable comparison to other styles/teachers), it doesn't mean that much. Take a deep breath, consider whatever points have been made about him without being defensive, maybe learn enough to make some worthwhile comparisons. If you do all that, and you still feel the same way, at that point your respect really means something.

Good luck!

Edit: Also, when replying to a thread, it's worth checking the dates of the messages first. The ones on this thread were from 2005. Replying to a thread that's been dead that long is generally called 'necromancy' - and if that doesn't sound like a good thing, that's because it isn't a good thing.
    Last edited by Lujke; 7/02/2007 4:45pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/02/2007 4:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, all you said is true. Thanks for the tip, Im not used to forums LOL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2007 4:51pm

Style: Bok Fu Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boilerplate response or not, the fact that he took the time to create an account and post is a good start, if nothing else.

And in regards trowa's post, I'm reminded of one of my favorite childhood TV shows:
    "You shouldn't make me angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!!"

:new_cussi

Sorry couldn't help the gratuitous Hulk quote.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/03/2007 12:12am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol, yeah haha. Well, i have been looking around the site for awhile and just decided to join ^_^

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    7/03/2007 7:51am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Found this little tidbit on someone named Guy Savelli:

Experiments & Conspiracies
    Documentary film maker and author, Jon Ronson spoke about his investigation into the US military's strange experiments with the paranormal. At the "Goat Lab," tests were made to see if people could kill animals by simply staring at them. One man, Guy Savelli, who Ronson interviewed, told him that he was able to knock down one of the goats through remote influencing.
    http://www.channel4.com/community/sh...the_World.html - 30k -

Check out this place for a discussion of Mr. Savelli:
    http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/arc...php/t-912.html
    Last edited by Scrapper; 7/03/2007 7:53am at .
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 9:51am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. This is awesome. This is so awesome it makes me cry alitle on the inside. This is fillied to the brim with bullshit. I'm looking at the man's punches. I'm literally saying to the guy being hit, "Oh, come on you puss, his punches can't hurt that damn much, he's not even following through with them!" But then I realize, the guy who's punching, he's THE ONE. He can seemingly do nothing besides have seizure-like spasms, but really that's the matrix running through him. THERE IS NO SPOON!

C'mon man, save that **** for the movies, I agree with Scrapper all the way and lightninghands shouldn't give this a second glance, except for comedic purposes and even then you should use sparingly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 10:16am

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The attack to the "stomach meridian no. 5", that was what tipped me off. Kempo based, but Dillman influenced I perceive. Look at the revive in Chess Match.

But to top it all off, I only read the first 2 paragraphs of the reply by our good natured founder of Matrix. I only needed to read that far to see a glaring inaccuracy between his own statements fluffing his style and those defending it.

"Even with 30-40 years of experience in martial arts, these masters and experts have found my Matrix to be more innovative and effective than anything else they have ever seen." As written in Scrapper's post.

"I am not declaring "this art is better", but rather, here are some new information and
    insights to consider. It is different. It has new fighting concepts and
    theories for the martial artist." As written in the reply.

So, which is it? "More innovative and effective" than their own arts, even with "30-40 years of experience in martial arts", or "not declaring 'this art is better'"? There can be only One...The One.

Give me 20 minutes, a compliant opponent, and a camera, and I'll give you a system that looks fuckin' awesome, but is largely useless. That's the problem with most "Systems", most Aikido schools, and pretty much all forms of DVD/Video/Online only learning. It can look awesome after a couple of takes against an opponent who is letting you do all these crazy, Samurai Saturdays on IFC maneuvers and techniques. But can it actually do anything against an opponent who doesn't mind being slapped a little bit because they've been punched or kicked full force in a full contact event before?

Ultimately, as pretty as it looks, I'm going to give it, based on their own videos lauding it's performances, a 2 out of 10 for effectiveness, a 5 out of 10 for reply to discussion and a 9 out of 10 for cool sound effects.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast