Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2005 12:49pm

Style: Jeet Kune Do (concepts)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    You thought the same thing about Tai Chi until RM gave you a run for your money :laughing9
    I'd like to see the clip you're talking about. Where can I find it?

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    4/29/2005 1:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Artist
    I'd like to see the clip you're talking about. Where can I find it?
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...down+repulsive

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    5/02/2005 9:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonshu
    Well its pretty much as I learnt it, but a problem with the art is like so many in CMA's, people claim there version is the truth and was taught by there instructor who trained with bla bla bla.

Jenum did Taijitsu and like any other art it has cross overs, because he did not do Boshikens or any of that crap does not change that is what his art background was. Also he had the balls to get into the ring a few times so he did ok.

The Xkans you are mentioning its there look out. I would rather be wrong with the history and be able to fight then be the other way around.

To me Ninjitsu as an art has tried to evolve (not done a great job) and there are shoddy ones about like many arts. I managed to use my training in real fights (as an adult) and in my MMA training I still use a number of technqiues that I took into MMA Gyms and Judo Clubs/Sombo and performed more than well enough to beat and tap people out.

But then I could fight before I started the art and I said this is a problem with the art. I am not an expert on the history of the art but I did it years ago and made it work. As I said I would rather be able to use what I kept from it than be a historian.

Again my point is that Ninjutsu is not for fighting. And that Taijutsu is NOT really a part of ninjutsu. Ninjutsu is pretty much dead because technology has negated many of the tricks used and I don't see Hatsumi, Shooto, or Unsui researching methods to deal with that issue. Taijutsu is just another term refering to Jujutsu. So bottomline Jenum used Jujutsu.

As for the historian comment. I think it is a error to not know the history of the art. Through the history you get a better grasp of what things were used for. I can fight AND I am a historian a part of my skill and success lies withn truly understanding what the art is about.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2005 11:40am

Style: Jeet Kune Do (concepts)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thx, wow, that was terrible.

Posted On:
    5/03/2005 11:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Artist
    Thx, wow, that was terrible.

And yet, better than all the ninja stuff we've seen here.

Truly shocking.

Trying to make sense of it all

Posted On:
    5/24/2005 11:42am

supporting member
     Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently I got owned on this thread. What the hell was I thinking? :-P

Anyway, not important.

Someone said something about crosstraining before, that was kind of the point I was trying to make to begin with, that I crosstrain and I was getting pissed at all these people who were assuming I didn't, even after I had stated many times that I did.

Anyway, that's all water under the bridge now.

The bottom line for me is that I think all people should learn how to box, how to grapple and at least one traditional martial art. In my opinion, that gives you the grounding for being adaptable. I like taijutsu for its takedowns, locks and striking method. I can definitely agree though that for the most part MMA/BJJ takedowns are alot more efficient than the majority of the takedowns associated with classical japanese arts. I like the economy of movement of a tackle or double leg.

Also, my school is a bit different from most ninjutsu schools because we practice grappling and non-stop action sparring, which is pretty cool. I also practice boxing on my own time, and I'm always willing to learn aspects of other arts and fighting styles. If I were to just limit myself to ninjutsu I'd be less adaptable and less prepared in a fight.

Hopefully that clears up where I'm coming from a bit.
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556