Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2005 11:29am

Style: Cross Traiing/MMA/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    And then Igor whupped everyone at IFC Kiev. Royce also beat Kimo eventually, and took out many bigger guys much faster. What's your point?
    My point is about the question of weight catagories being brought into competitions. That is all people were talking about it and I added my thoughts on it.

That is all, Ronin posted "asked such?" and I posted my thoughts on the early MMA events I have at home.

Or are my thougts not valid?
    Last edited by Sonshu; 4/22/2005 11:34am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2005 11:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatdown Richie
    First of all, that's not what TekkaMaki wrote. He wrote "a BJJ guy vs another BJJ guy" - skills not specified.

Second, I really don't see what all of this has to do with whether ninjas can fight, or whether ninja fighting skills come from taijutsu or ninjutsu, or anything else related to the topic of this thread. All in all, it was a clever ninja manoevre - spout outrageous bullshit about a completely irrelevant topic, and watch everyone work up their rage while they forgot what they were here for - to ridicule ninjas.

[vanishes in a puff of magnesium powder]
    Because other statements and questions were being raised, Sprout outrageous bullshit I have not so not sure where your coming from.

Also you can get as worked up as you like - I does not effect me.

The equal skill bit I took as common sence as I know how to grapple and am aware how a lighter better skilled BJJ person could beat a heavier one.

Posted On:
    4/22/2005 11:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I guess Takamatsu was a whipping boy, being so small and weak....

Posted On:
    4/22/2005 11:41am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonshu
    Or are my thougts not valid?
    Since you're a ninja, probably not.

Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    4/22/2005 8:58pm

Style: Pimpin/Tango-thanks Xango

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2005 2:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    Since you're a ninja, probably not.
    So whats your grappling comp record then master warrior and your belt in BJJ, just to be clear before I bow to your superior knowledge?

You seem to talk a lot on here and your recent MA's seem credible on your Bio, so whats your deal to make sure your no cyberwarrior?
    Last edited by Sonshu; 4/25/2005 2:57am at .

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    4/25/2005 6:39am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

*sigh* Still none of the ninjas were able to refute my earlier statements so I guess derailling the topic is the next best thing.

Anyways I will be out the loop for the next couple of days so hopeful they can develop a good arguement.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2005 9:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What specific point is it your looking for me to debate as what you said earlier in the lengthy post I agreed with and it was standard Taijitsu info.

As for derailling the topic I am hardly derailling it.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    4/28/2005 7:37am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonshu
    What specific point is it your looking for me to debate as what you said earlier in the lengthy post I agreed with and it was standard Taijitsu info.

As for derailling the topic I am hardly derailling it.
    Point I was making was that Jennum was not using NINJUTSU in his fights and that NINJUTSU and TAIJUTSU are two different things. Taijutsu is just another name for Jujutsu, like Yawara, Kumiuchi, etc., and that trying to put him up as an example of ninjutsu working in the octagon was stupid. And if the info I posted was so STANDARD why are so many of the Xkan members getting it wrong?
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2005 4:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL ASIA
    Point I was making was that Jennum was not using NINJUTSU in his fights and that NINJUTSU and TAIJUTSU are two different things. Taijutsu is just another name for Jujutsu, like Yawara, Kumiuchi, etc., and that trying to put him up as an example of ninjutsu working in the octagon was stupid. And if the info I posted was so STANDARD why are so many of the Xkan members getting it wrong?
    Well its pretty much as I learnt it, but a problem with the art is like so many in CMA's, people claim there version is the truth and was taught by there instructor who trained with bla bla bla.

Jenum did Taijitsu and like any other art it has cross overs, because he did not do Boshikens or any of that crap does not change that is what his art background was. Also he had the balls to get into the ring a few times so he did ok.

The Xkans you are mentioning its there look out. I would rather be wrong with the history and be able to fight then be the other way around.

To me Ninjitsu as an art has tried to evolve (not done a great job) and there are shoddy ones about like many arts. I managed to use my training in real fights (as an adult) and in my MMA training I still use a number of technqiues that I took into MMA Gyms and Judo Clubs/Sombo and performed more than well enough to beat and tap people out.

But then I could fight before I started the art and I said this is a problem with the art. I am not an expert on the history of the art but I did it years ago and made it work. As I said I would rather be able to use what I kept from it than be a historian.
    Last edited by Sonshu; 4/29/2005 4:23am at .