Trying to make sense of it all

Posted On:
    4/20/2005 4:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    They are "grappling" in that they are not "striking", but that doesn't change that they suck at it.
    and that's why you have to take it to the next level by incorporating groundfighting. What's the point of taking someone to the floor if you have no clue what to do with them when they're there? And ****, I've confused and surprised alot of my friends just by taking them down and getting in top mount. Most people have absolutely no clue what to do once they're on the ground.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2005 4:05pm

Style: ninjutsu, submission, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TekkaMaki
    So then, according to folks on this board, JuJutsu, an art which primarily consists of throws, wrist locks and takedowns, constitutes grappling. Fine. It was established already on this thread that taijutsu is alot like jujutsu and contains these same elements... but yet they insist we don't grapple.
    They are all referring to 'bjj': Brazilian jiu jitsu. Devolped by the Gracie famillie, they have kicked ass for a loooooooooong time, challenged almost every style known to man and pretty much won everything. Thanks to them it is that we have a realistic view on grappling today. 30 years ago nobody even really took into account that a small 160 pound guy who did bjj could probably tap muhammed ali out in a few seconds.

So remember, BJJ, not japanese!

Marasmos

Posted On:
    4/20/2005 4:16pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TekkaMaki
    Damn, glad you finally admitted it.
    Bwahahahahahaha, you even conform to a style that's being pushed down your throat. Silly silly ninja.
    You say what about my rice?

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    4/21/2005 7:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is too mind numbing to be allowed to continue.

TekkaMaki, you seem to be very inexperienced, fine, we all have to start somewhere.

You may want to click on the profiles of some of our members to get a better idea of WHO you are debating with.

After that, please feel free to ASK rather than to TELL, ok?

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    4/21/2005 7:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boy, am I glad I'm not part of this **** anymore.

Anybody arguing with Asia and Ronin about the history or capabilities of martial arts is going to get owned.

TekkaMaki, I understand your frustration about the arguing style of some people (I tried vainly to defend the Bujinkan when I first came here), but you'll wise up to The Truth (TM) if you crosstrain.

And no, The Truth (TM) isn't necessarily BJJ. And what's with BJJ'ers being "meatheads"? Wrestlers are meatheads, BJJ'ers are skinny bastards.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    4/21/2005 7:43am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsufubu
    And no, The Truth (TM) isn't necessarily BJJ. And what's with BJJ'ers being "meatheads"? Wrestlers are meatheads, BJJ'ers are skinny bastards.

Hey ! Aesopian resembles that remark !

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    4/21/2005 7:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As do most of the others.

Real Men (TM) do Judo!
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2005 8:30am

Style: Cross Traiing/MMA/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin69
    I am not gonna bother with the stuff aimed at the Dark Overlord, its your funeral.

But as for this:

" At any rate, chew on this:
    A 150 pound BJJer vs. a 275 pound BJJer. Who wins? Mr. 275, every time.

That's not up for discussion, that's a fact. That's why UFC is divided by weight classes. Well, that and the fact that you don't want some poor 150 pounder getting knocked out by a 275 pounder. "

If you mean a GOOD 275lb BJJ will beat a GOOD 150lbs, yes, you are probably right, other than that, its a toss up.
    Also, weight divisions were created in ALL sports, not just to level the playing field, but to ALSO add more variety and allow for more matches.

In boxing I would put my money on Hopkins over many of those lard ass HW.
    With you on most of this apart from the weight divisions being created to allow more matches.

If there were no divisions then everyone could fight everyone and you would have more match ups. It was created I feel for the level playing field and also to make it more acceptable to the masses.

People were classing early events as barbaric with a little guy of getting a leathering by a guy of equal skill but considerably heavier and stronger.

It was done to make it more of an even event rather than the big brawlers like Paul Varlens and Tank Abbot getting drawn against some 140 lbs guy and opening up on them.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    4/21/2005 8:31am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonshu
    People were classing early events as barbaric with a little guy of getting a leathering by a guy of equal skill but considerably heavier and stronger.

It was done to make it more of an even event rather than the big brawlers like Paul Varlens and Tank Abbot getting drawn against some 140 lbs guy and opening up on them.

Such as?

Posted On:
    4/21/2005 8:40am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would gladly pay to see a fight between TekkaMaki and XVampireX.