Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    4/20/2005 2:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    You didn't see the interview where he was talking ****, saying his strength would get him out of anything Sudo tried to do?

Dude, hype, never believe that fighters hyping their fights mean or even beleive the **** they spew, its all hype.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    4/20/2005 2:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin69
    Dude, hype, never believe that fighters hyping their fights mean or even beleive the **** they spew, its all hype.
    Nah, Butterbean's always been a cocky bastard. I was stoked when Sudo tapped out that slob.

Trying to make sense of it all

Posted On:
    4/20/2005 3:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I didnt' think it would be fruitless, I'd do the whole "things I actually said vs. words you guys put in my mouth" thing, but yeah... that's like trying to push a rock uphill with you potatoheads.

@Shuma: um... I do grappling, like I mentioned several times in this thread. Gonna go do some grappling tonight. I also said there is more to fighting than striking and grappling. When I refer to a martial artist I mean anyone who does martial arts, that includes BJJ, just couldn't think of a better term for it. By martial artist I meant someone who knows more than just grappling.

Again, you insist fighting is limited to striking and grappling, and if you don't grapple you're a striker. I'm sorry, but throws are neither striking nor grappling and we all do them. The same can be said of wrist locks and reversals that don't involve going to the ground.

I never said BJJers weren't marital artists. Sure you guys are.

I would totally take up BJJ too, but I'm sure I'd get this kind of talk:

instructor: I'm sorry, you're too intelligent to get to your next rank. Just hang tight, if you get choked out a few more times I think the brain damage might make you a big enough meathead to continue. In the meanwhile, practice passing the guard, transitions into armbars, macho posturing and trolling message boards. We'll make a real BJJer out of you yet!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/20/2005 3:36pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TekkaMaki
    Again, you insist fighting is limited to striking and grappling, and if you don't grapple you're a striker. I'm sorry, but throws are neither striking nor grappling and we all do them. The same can be said of wrist locks and reversals that don't involve going to the ground.
    lol what

Marasmos

Posted On:
    4/20/2005 3:45pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    !
    Yet again, you betray your mindnumbing stupidity. You see, the reason noone's arguing with you or taking you seriously is because you're defeating your own arguments perfectly fine. All we have to do is sit back and enjoy the tranwreck that is you monologue.

You are an idiot and know nothing about either striking or grappling. Go away and let the real martial artists talk about real martial arts.
    You say what about my rice?

Posted On:
    4/20/2005 3:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh man. I totally bought into the flame wars, trolling and pissing contests on this thread. *phew.* Holy crap.

I think I got mostly annoyed at things like this:

me: at my school we do grappling all the time...

meathead: big talk from a guy who doesn't do grappling!

me: I don't call myself a ninja.

meathead: I'm not going to argue with some ninja.

someone else: the only art you have is taijuts

me: no, we do all these...

meathead: that's not what I meant!

seriously, it's equivalent to this:

me: check out the sky. Blue man, real blue.

meathead: yeah, but the sky doesn't do BJJ so it can't fight!

me: wtf?

meathead: besides, the sky is red and red skies can't fight cus they don't do bjj.

me: um, dude, it's blue.

meathead: stop saying the sky isn't blue! I just told you it is! And it's awesome at grappling and striking, which are the only two elements of fighting!

me: wtf?

meathead: come on sky! you can't fight! let's bring it down! let's man on! let's throw up!

I'm not too fond of being called ignorant by people who have their heads shoved so far up their asses that they're proud that they were good enough to choke themselves out with their own sphincter.

If I'm totally off base with my statements about BJJ, then enlighten me to the truth and educate me a bit. Anyone can call someone else ignorant and offer nothing, if you really know dick about what you're saying then you'd have the ability to set me straight. I'm not like you guys, when someone tells me what's up I listen instead of burying my head ever deeper into my colon.

I tried to educate you fuckers, but it's pretty obvious at this point that not a one o you has the intellect required to digest a statement about anything outside your own little bubble. Ignorance is bliss, ne?
    Last edited by TekkaMaki; 4/20/2005 3:56pm at .

Posted On:
    4/20/2005 3:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HAPKO3
    I am a worthless person who has nothing better to do than antagonize others and I think I'm cool because I can edit quotes. I'm also quick to critisize, but not intelligent enough to support any of my unfounded insults
    Damn, glad you finally admitted it.

game dog

Posted On:
    4/20/2005 3:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

@Shuma: um... I do grappling, like I mentioned several times in this thread.
    Good. Why are you so clueless, then?

I'm not sure why you want to turn this into a BJJ vs anyone debate, especially when neither Asia nor Ronin are particular BJJ nutriders, but it's not a good idea if you don't know the first thing about the art or the sport, as evidenced here:

I'm sorry, but throws are neither striking nor grappling and we all do them. The same can be said of wrist locks and reversals that don't involve going to the ground.
    But actually,
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Grappling is an element of many martial arts, and consists of techniques for handling the opponent in which the opponent is held or gripped rather than struck.
    Including, of course, throws, takedowns, and wrist locks.

And then this classic:
    I would totally take up BJJ too, but I'm sure I'd get this kind of talk:

instructor: I'm sorry, you're too intelligent to get to your next rank. Just hang tight, if you get choked out a few more times I think the brain damage might make you a big enough meathead to continue. In the meanwhile, practice passing the guard, transitions into armbars, macho posturing and trolling message boards. We'll make a real BJJer out of you yet!
    Dude, if you think you're too intelligent for anything, you suffer from massive delusions. And BTW, chokes don't cause measurable brain damage. If you want to descend to the next level of stupidity, I recommend boxing.
    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Posted On:
    4/20/2005 3:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So then, according to folks on this board, JuJutsu, an art which primarily consists of throws, wrist locks and takedowns, constitutes grappling. Fine. It was established already on this thread that taijutsu is alot like jujutsu and contains these same elements... but yet they insist we don't grapple.

So if throws and locks are grappling and that's 90% of my art, how is it that my art has nothing to do with grappling?

The self-contradictions go both ways, folks.

Anyway, if I'm totally in the dark about BJJ then enlighten me a bit. You can sit back and tell me how wrong I am or be constructive and help me learn about it. I'm totally willing. I think the whole BJJ vs. anyone thing began with Shuma Gorath, who seems to have chosen me as his current object of amusement.

I've schooled many a person on the truth about ninjutsu, but unlike the members of this board they actually listened.

I will admit I did get caught up in the pissing contests on this board and made myself come off like a total hothead... but damn, I had fun doing it.
    Last edited by TekkaMaki; 4/20/2005 4:02pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/20/2005 4:00pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They are "grappling" in that they are not "striking", but that doesn't change that they suck at it.