Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Genius

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:20am

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Gracies tend to claim that their martial art is the best, but I guess they aren't very good.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." – Voltaire.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:23am

Style: Taijutsu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Care to prove your statement Shuma-Gorath? Video?

Why not ask Phil Legare for a fight next time he's in Toronto. Have fun.

Also, Tanemura Shoto is in Milwaukee every so often. That isn't too far from Toronto. I've driven there to watch baseball games in the past from TO. Maybe you can demonstrate your uber leet BJJ at a Genbukan TaiKai.

Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:25am

Style: Pimpin/Tango-thanks Xango

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowcat
    Some more shallow personal attacks. Keep em coming guy, you're at high school level verbal assault now. You'll be a real master soon. Just keep practicing.

In actuality, you can't prove that 'ninjas' can or cannot grapple, due to the fact that you don't know what taijutsu is except for what you've seen in several 30 second clips off of the internet.
    Hey, thanks for the encouraging. Weīll keep doing it.
    Now, wouldnīt be sweet that you could prove to us that ninjas CAN grapple? I mean, just one vid of a ninja flipping and grappling people would shut us up.
    Alas, such high level shihans are invisible to such poor hemin as us, but, perhaps, they are the reason behind alien abductions!
    Taken was wrong!!! There are no alien, just invisible ninjas flipping out and grappling people!!! (and in the Forgotten, it was surely snowcat!)
    Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:32am

Style: Taijutsu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jolly Roger, like I keep repeating, why not visit a good instructor and ask him to show you some grappling? While I'm not sure if there are any ninpo instructors in Argentina, I'm sure if you ever do some travelling to Japan or North America you can try out your moves.

Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowcat
    Jolly Roger, like I keep repeating, why not visit a good instructor and ask him to show you some grappling? While I'm not sure if there are any ninpo instructors in Argentina, I'm sure if you ever do some travelling to Japan or North America you can try out your moves.
    As a matter of fact, little padawan, I did that. Iīm sure the thread is around here somewhere. And since I grappled a "Shihan", then Iīm qualified to say "Hey luv, ninjas canīt grapple a dick, but can give you quite a good blowjob". So, you can either put a video of a "Shihan" grappling or put a video of you giving a good blowjob, which, in fact, would be as surprising because that would indicate that you had a kind of sexual intercourse, which, quite frankly dear boy, doesnīt come across in your rethoric.

Love.
    J.R.
    Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS

Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As an addendum, perhaps you should really reflect on how you demand proof of others, yet you are unwilling to provide it.
    Canuckyokushin:

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 3:50am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjas
    HEY GUYZ PROVE YOUR NEGATIVE BECAUSE I HAVE **** ALL TO WORK WITH HERE
    And with that, I'm officially finished indulging the Foot Clan.

Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 3:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    And with that, I'm officially finished indulging the Foot Clan.
    Hey, Shuma, donīt you think that we should start a site about how ninjas are as essential as compost to the ecology of bullshido?
    Canuckyokushin:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 4:52am

Style: Taijutsu, Army Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampa
    I have a good friend of mine in FAST company right now. From what I understand, the MA training you get in the military has a lot to do with using their weapon. Stuff that can be applied to an unarmed competition can be roughly equivilant to anywhere between two weeks and two months of heavy bjj training depending on what branch and section of that branch you belong to.

Anyone who performs any better than the level of a few months of solid contact training knows his **** before he enlisted. So, with all due respect to those currently in the military, I don't see how military training alone gives any more experience than a large number of the people on the board already have in unarmed, competitive MA and I'm getting kind of tired of people using it to establish ethos.

If anyone who has military experience feels their training inside has been somehow more productive than their training outside, please enlighten me as to how. Everything I've heard indicates to me that the government trains to have their people know just enough MA to pick up the slack if shooting a mother fucker doesn't work out the way it should.
    I'm not sure what FAST company is, but it might be unit dependent. I'm in Chosen company because my battalion still uses the names from Vietnam.

You're correct about what you say about military combatives. Like I said, it was originally taught as a quick contingency, so if you found yourself in "too close" combat, you could control the guy until your buddy took him out.

I didn't say that military training gives any more experience in unarmed combat. What I did say that when you begin to argue about what prepares you for some type of combat (which in the previous post, people were complaining because things were being demonstrated slowly in the video), the military provides an excellent example of how you can't "run" every time you train. Many of you train because you may end up fighting. People like the military, and fire fighters, train in a specific manner knowing that they WILL fight.

As far as the military teaching you "just enough" MA, this is true. Unless you're in a Ranger Battalion of even SF. People in SF have tole me that they still use the old army training that taught you to break people. Then again, they sometimes operate with a lot less stuff on. They have a different mission from us in the infantry. Rangers learn a lot more, and they tend to be better at BJJ. Their unit has more money, they've been doing it for years (I believe since the early 90's), and they do it just because. Some guys will end up Gracie certified. I remember when I was in Ranger School, a couple of guys from Battalion would just straight challenge each other when they were bored. Two guys went off to where the instructors weren't, one man came back just short of bragging.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 4:56am

Style: Delusional Idiocy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why do people persist in comparing the merits of a system that is BUILT AROUND weapons with one that is NOT?
Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 12345 67891555 ... LastLast