Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 4:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lets just keep one thing clear, people that practise ninjutsu are no more Ninjas than people that practise kenjutsu are samurai, ok?

Genius

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 4:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I might agree, Ronin, if they didn't wear black pajamas and carry around eggshells filled with dust.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 4:21pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, you do have a point...

Genius

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 4:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched a Maasaki Hatsumi instructional video, it was.. entertaining. At the end of every technique shown, theses guys broke eggshells and threw dust in their opponents face AFTER doing something "deadly" to their victim. Ninjas must know something I don't, I would've thrown dust first then kill them. What's really funny is that they also jump into the bushes after blasting their opponent with the demon dust.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 4:29pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    I watched a Maasaki Hatsumi instructional video, it was.. entertaining. At the end of every technique shown, theses guys broke eggshells and threw dust in their opponents face AFTER doing something "deadly" to their victim. Ninjas must know something I don't, I would've thrown dust first then kill them. What's really funny is that they also jump into the bushes after blasting their opponent with the demon dust.

Sneaky little bastards.
    :XXarcade:

Trying to make sense of it all

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 4:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin69
    Lets just keep one thing clear, people that practise ninjutsu are no more Ninjas than people that practise kenjutsu are samurai, ok?

Good call. I can't speak for all ninjtusu schools, but at LINC we train to fight. We do it all, from the tradtional tai jutsu to groundfighting and boxing.

It is difficult when you're a ninjutsu practicioner and people immediately think that means you run around in black pajamas throwing stars at people. Ninjutsu/Ninpo is a great and beautiful tradtional budo art. It is on the same level with Traditional Jujutsu.

Ninjutsu includes 36 individual arts, which, together, make up the Sanjurokkei, or 36 ninpo essentials. On top of that, it has always been believed that being adaptable is the most important thing to a ninjutsu practicioner, so we train to be adaptable. That's key.

There is no such thing as a 'ninja' in the 21st century, we are budoka just like anybody training in the classic arts of japan.

Genius

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 4:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is on the same level with Traditional Jujutsu.
    This could be true, but it doesn't say much for the effectiveness of the art.

However, I didn't realize how many fucking ninja there were until this thread was started. I thought only a few people were deluded into thinking ninjitsu/ninpo/?inkan was anything more than bullshido.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 10:51pm

Style: Taijutsu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God, you just don't give up do you. Why do you even care? Why do you still talk trash if you won't fight one of us 'ninjers' without protection of rules?

The above posters are right. The techniques within ninjutsu ryuha resemble traditional Japanese JuJutsu very closely. Some people like to mention numbers and say there's only about 30% difference between normal jujutsu and ninjutsu throws. I agree to an extent.

The fact that you think traditional jujutsu is bogus ?? or ineffective just makes it more clear how poor your judgment is and what a failure your instructor is for not helping you to stop your inflated ego from destroying your logical thinking ability.

Let me ask you, how would you feel if you're beaten by someone doing Japanese JuJutsu or ninjutsu at a throwdown? What if you didn't know that's what they studied before you got into the fight with them? Think about it. Seriously. Try to use your brain to answer this question seriously instead of letting your ego pull you around by the nuts (as you are currently behaving)

You ARE capable of a rational, well thought out answer aren't you, Thaiboxerken?
    Try to make your next response at least a paragraph long, would you? Please, show us you are capable of more than just trash talk.

By the way, I don't know which video you saw, but most techniques involving metsubishi (blinding powders, metal objects, other distraction tools) are thrown before the technique is performed. But sometimes metsubishi is used after the technique is performed in order to allow escape. Have you ever had blinding powder thrown in your eyes before? I don't think so. It's a very useful tool whether it be used before or after a throw. If one's skill level is such that they can use metsubishi after a throw, more power to them. They won't have to hurt the person as badly, instead just leaving the scene/battlefield.
    Last edited by snowcat; 3/14/2005 10:53pm at . Reason: no

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 11:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do you still talk trash if you won't fight one of us 'ninjers' without protection of rules?
    No rules? Ok, then LET'S GO DOWN THAT ROAD, SHALL WE? You get your ninja tools and you can do whatever the **** you want with them, and I get mine, namely; pistol, pepper spray, asp, hand-cuffs, and back-up units including a K9.

Or would you, in fact, prefer a couple rules? Maybe keep it germaine to that which neccesarily requires hard, thoughtful training. Why the hell do ninjas and the like think they are the only ones who know how to poke an eye out?

Tell ya what, I'll get mount and we'll see who can poke whose eyes. I gaurantee, you suck at accomplishing the former.
    Last edited by Nid; 3/14/2005 11:18pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 11:36pm

Style: Taijutsu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eye poking is not the only trick a martial art has to offer.. Ever seen an ear torn off? (Other than in a Mike Tyson fight) sure must sting.

Just out of curiousity (seriously) have you trained for that? Seems that BJJ'ists like to talk about the mount a lot, but what about before the mount? Do you train for situations where the person you're attempting to take to the ground DOES poke your eyes, or does tear parts of your face off, kicks you in the balls, stabs you in the neck, etc? How do you deal with that? I don't know much about BJJ but from what I understand of it there is possibly a big gap in training when both combatants are still standing up. A lot can happen before the fight gets to the ground.

By 'protection of rules' I did not mean a completely law-less fight to the death. I don't think anybody wants to go to prison just to prove their system is effective or anothers is bogus, do they?

Let's not make this thread another flamefest like the last one turned into.

Anyways hopefully this thread hasn't been derailed by my post. If you'd like to discuss anything in private with me you can contact me by private message or email, just ask for it and I'll message you.
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast