Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:49pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    Just remember the old acronym for assume.
    Wait. Are you saying it is likely I'll get better fight training from a ninja than from a bjj brown belt and past mma fighter?

Because that's the only real interpatation of your response to that quote.

And that is also absurd.

Ackermannweight

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:50pm

supporting member
     Style: OWNAGE

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But considering you've never fought one, you're basing this evidence on what?
    yeh but u can not provied + proof so u haev 2 ask every1 2 proove a - even though u haev teh proof taht ninjas sukk in teh videeoh gayme based on my heeroik reskyu of teh presidant :glasses3:
    Yeah, it's just too bad all of Gravedigger's signatures are actually burned onto stone tablets by the flaming sword of Gabriel himself, then mailed to Phrost to be converted into forum code under the name "Gravedigger". -Boyd :love2:

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But considering you've never fought one, you're basing this (contention) on what?
    The best evidence as to the efficacy of ninjas and ninja training provided. In short the shitty videos you provided.

Name 10 people that have demonstrated an ability to hang at even regional MMA promotions practicing ninjitsu.
    Then find 100 more and we can discuss this:
    EXCEPTIONS DON'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT SOME STYLES CONSISTENTLY PRODUCE GOOD FIGHTERS AND OTHERS DON'T.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:52pm

Style: Taijutsu, Army Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A huge problem with the Bujinkan is who we advertise to. Rememberthat the word "ninja" is heavily tied to it, and the word "assassins" is heavily tied to that word, whether liked or not. This was actually an interesting dilema in my first dojo, because as much as you want to put things out there and invite students in, you want to keep the nutballs out. So mention of the word "Ninja" was never really used in anything we put out, unless you looked at our gi symbol which had the "nin" character in the middle of an apple (it was in NYC). Also, our school was called "New York Budo", not "NY Ninja Assassin School".

When you actually get into the training a bit, you get some devastating maneuvers. Unfortunately, when your style already has a bad reputation tied to it, it's hard to advertise this and still show the idea that you teach what should basically come down to "self defense".

Once when I taught a class, I decided to work on an escalation of force concept. THe idea was to show how you could take a defense against something as simple as a grab, and go from the response of simply undoing the grab (because you didn't want to hurt the person because they're a drunk friend or relative), to taking the person down with a simple armbar (which would control them because you nedd to detain the person, such as in a law enforcement situation), to having the armbar and continuing the movement such that you trap the arm under your armpit and drop your weight and break the arm (eitherit's a life or death situation, or maybe there's multiple attackers and you don't have time to deal with this person for very long).

Honestly, if I had the ability, I'd probably make a quick video or two showing this. You know what the funny thing would be? A couple of you would see it and say, "hey, i know that technique. we use it in [my art] and it's called [insert japanese name ]." Guess what? You'd be totally right. You think that our wrist locks look a little like akido stuff. I guess it's somewhere in the akijuijutsu ryu. Now, we in the Bujinkan aren't great at all wrist locks, like someone who practiced only akido, but we are good an some. In the same way, I don't expect akido practitioners to be the best at punches and kicks. However some may crosstrain. Some can probably kick my ass without ever using a lock.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dochter
    Wait. Are you saying it is likely I'll get better fight training from a ninja than from a bjj brown belt and past mma fighter?

Because that's the only real interpatation of your response to that quote.

And that is also absurd.
    If you read more closely, it was about you saying you know all you need to know about it. And depending on what kind of fight training you're going to be training for, you might. It depends on what kind of fighting you plan on doing.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, ninjaism's problem is tied to the fact that you don't want to attract people that want to be assassins.

Wait, I thought pasty white kids scared of fighting were your bread and butter?

Ackermannweight

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 3:01pm

supporting member
     Style: OWNAGE

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you read more closely, it was about you saying you know all you need to know about it. And depending on what kind of fight training you're going to be training for, you might. It depends on what kind of fighting you plan on doing.
    aktuallay if teh presidant had bean kidnapped by teh brasilian top team i wuld haev probablay been defeeted :XXspider:
    Yeah, it's just too bad all of Gravedigger's signatures are actually burned onto stone tablets by the flaming sword of Gabriel himself, then mailed to Phrost to be converted into forum code under the name "Gravedigger". -Boyd :love2:

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 3:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Support for ninjaism:
    Somewhere out there are ninjas who can actually fight. Don't ask me to have video of it though, or even pictures. That's asking too much, even on a website about critically assessing martial claims.

Just take my word that somewhere out there is some one who can fight with ninjaness
    Support for sub wrestling, boxing, bjj etc:
    You want evidence of this stuff working?

Do you want video of streetfights, mma fights or what?
    Any format restrictions? How about codecs, you set?

I've got tons.
    How is this even a question?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 3:04pm

Style: Taijutsu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which shihan did you fight. Was this documented? Video? Witnesses? Anything to substantiate that claim? A search for the word 'shihan' and your username has not brought any results other than this thread.

Maybe you have the term confused with something else. Shihan is a very well respected teacher of high rank. There are not many of them. Most are in Japan. Maybe you mean shidoshi, which simply means they are of 5th dan or higher.

I'm more inclined to believe you are a compulsive liar with nothing better to do than trash talk, judging by your crude behavior.
    Last edited by snowcat; 3/15/2005 3:10pm at . Reason: fdgd

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 3:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take his word for it.

I thought that was the whole ninjaism mantra? You're demoted to 22nd dan.
Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast