221251 Bullies, 4128 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 1:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dochter
    ....primarily only does prescripted drills against zombie chocks......Not if the videos you've posted are any indication of the general state of ninjitsu.
    As I've said, the videos just show the beginner techniques for the students, the bare-bones, most basic stuff in the Booj. Watching those is virtually the same as watching someone do ground transition drills or get walked through a demonstration of a double-leg.

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 1:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm saying they can't hang in a fight.
    How can you possibly know that for sure? How many BKers have you fought? A lot of people didn't think tai chi/kung fu guys couldn't fight, but RM made a good show of himself. If you want to go back to the argument about experience, then what's to say an experienced Booj practitioner CAN'T defend himself if obviously experience makes a big difference?

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 1:58pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your circular logic and self rationalization makes me weary.

Your post:
    There's never really any good clips out there on the Bujinkan to be honest, but I managed to get a bunch together that are probably some of the better ones out there.
    I'm basing my general assessment of ninjas and ninjaism on the apparent state of things. Where crap is the best demonstration of h2h. Where no one sees ninjas actually sparring or fighting.

What am I to base it on but what I'm given?

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your circular logic and self rationalization makes me weary.
    Good way to dodge the question. If you've never trained/sparred with Booj members, you'll never know if it has something to offer or not.

What am I to base it on but what I'm given?
    I agree, as it is difficult to find clips supporting these. I'm sure there are some out there, however, it's just that there are nowhere near as many Booj members as there are kickboxers, grapplers, and the like, so naturally there's going to be a lot smaller selection of videos to choose from.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    Good way to dodge the question. If you've never trained/sparred with Booj members, you'll never know if it has something to offer or not.
    B.S. I knew bjj produces fighters and can teach people to fight on the ground. I knew because I could find evidence demonstrating that.

What can I find online about ninjitsu? Apologies for its sad and scant representation.
    In other words, I know what I need to know. It is unlikely I'll find a ninja able to teach me more about fighting than I can get from even just specialized groundfighting training.

As for your circular logic, I've quoted you once to demonstrate that. Shall I continue?

Ackermannweight

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:41pm

supporting member
     Style: OWNAGE

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    luk ok i haev koncloosiv proof taht ninjas sukk b/c 1 time teh preisdant wuz kidnapped by ninjas and i had 2 kill tehm all adn yeah i'm prettay sure tehre wuz at leest 1 end-boss frum each ryu, inkludang ur spesifak skule :qleft5:
    Yeah, it's just too bad all of Gravedigger's signatures are actually burned onto stone tablets by the flaming sword of Gabriel himself, then mailed to Phrost to be converted into forum code under the name "Gravedigger". -Boyd :love2:

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I've said, the videos just show the beginner techniques for the students, the bare-bones, most basic stuff in the Booj.
    Right. Ceasar Gracie (to use an example you could potentially see and compare) also demonstrates the beginning, bare-bones arm bar.... but it's crisp, tight, proper etc.

In other words, even the most basic stuff in the Booj sucks. With a foundation like that, my intuition tells me the "advanced" stuff is pretty rickety.

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In other words, I know what I need to know. It is unlikely I'll find a ninja able to teach me more about fighting than I can get from even just specialized groundfighting training.
    Just remember the old acronym for assume. People assumed kenpo was terrible until they were proven otherwise by Clyde at Vegas. Same with Shum who often says kung fu blows and that kung fuers can't fight but certainly had trouble dealing with one on his own. Same with KM saying that TKD sucks then getting worked over by Os. If you honestly believe you know all you need to know about it, then you're only really fooling yourself.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goddamn, your rationalization knows no bounds.

EXCEPTIONS DON'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT SOME STYLES CONSISTENTLY PRODUCE GOOD FIGHTERS AND OTHERS DON'T.

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goddamn, your rationalization knows no bounds.

EXCEPTIONS DON'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT SOME STYLES CONSISTENTLY PRODUCE GOOD FIGHTERS AND OTHERS DON'T.
    But considering you've never fought one, you're basing this evidence on what?
Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast