228216 Bullies, 4653 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 2743
Page 265 of 275 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265 266267268269 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 5:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Consider this your invitation Chica. I have no interest in wandering around Lighthouse. But there are many places that one can go where all are free to meet. I have business to conduct too. So it isn't all for fun and games.

Thanks for the concern Yeoman. If they want me, they know where I live. If anything should happen to me, I would surely be in Gods hands and the person that did it, and whoever was involved, has to answer for their deeds. Karma may not come that day but it will come.

I'm looking forward to some good Korean food.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 6:33pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Kim
    Consider this your invitation Chica. I have no interest in wandering around Lighthouse. But there are many places that one can go where all are free to meet. I have business to conduct too. So it isn't all for fun and games.

Thanks for the concern Yeoman. If they want me, they know where I live. If anything should happen to me, I would surely be in Gods hands and the person that did it, and whoever was involved, has to answer for their deeds. Karma may not come that day but it will come.

I'm looking forward to some good Korean food.
    Kathy, you're right. We do not need to wander around Lighthouse. There are many associates that I know or known for years that I would love to visit with. I would like for them to hear your story.

I can give them a call and I am sure we can have dinner one night. You know my number and email and let's set it up.

Wonder what they will say when they see us together?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 9:40pm

Style: Glock 19

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Failed Student
    The last thing I want to do is imply any kind of racist overtones to all this. It is unfair to generalize about any group. I know Koreans here and they have always treated me well. Of oourse, they couldn't stand TYK or the family either, and told me many things about their behavior. TYK just happens to be an angry Korean, and is acting out.

And she definitely is a sociopath, Bemused
    I didn't detect, nor did I mean racist over/undertones... In my experience w/ the korean culture tends to treat people within their cultural group with higher respect. They are a very exclusive culture.
    Last edited by clarehoare; 9/18/2007 9:45pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 9:49am

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I need to take a break for a few days. It's getting too heavy. And my significant other needs the computer. But I'll be back. Thanks everyone.

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 11:32am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicabonita
    I know of people that are in the process of writing a book. It's definitely on the minds of some.

I would consider writing a book in the future, right now I am gathering all my thoughts by writing these posts and listening to others and their experiences.

TYK should get a book. COL members have been saying for years that they will write a book about how wonderful TYK is. I bet a "failed student" will beat them to it.
    Well, I hope someone does...

My only advice: Make it as professional as possible -- and that means find a good editor.

The biggest problem with "Herding the Moo" was the fact that it was very poorly edited. I also would have liked to see more factual information, links, and citations.

I already knew it was all out there from my own research... I just would have liked to see it referenced. It would have bolstered/supported the reality of the collected memoirs in the book.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 12:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: N/A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the topic of memoirs, I happened to come across this today:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...026/FEATURES01
    Last edited by bibby; 9/19/2007 12:53pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 1:02pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Failed Student
    And she definitely is a sociopath, Bemused
    Okay, one more post and then I will take a break.

Failed Student, we are both right. A person can have more than one diagnosis; this is called co-morbidity. For example, someone can be depressed, obsessive-compulsive, and codependent.

The diagnosis of "psychopath" or "sociopath" is now called Antisocial Personality Disorder (APD), and here are its criteria:
    1. failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest
    2. deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
    3. impulsivity or failure to plan ahead
    4. irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
    5. reckless disregard for safety of self or others
    6. consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain steady work or honor financial obligations
    7. lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another
    TYK has all of these too. I wouldn't have thought so before I read about some people's experiences that were worse than mine. She also seems to have deterioriated in the years I've been out.

NPD and APD are closely related, both part of the Cluster B family of personality disorders. Yet another Cluster B disorder is Histrionic Personality Disorder (HPD), which used to be called hysteria:
    1. Constant seeking of reassurance or approval.
    2. Excessive dramatics with exaggerated displays of emotions.
    3. Excessive sensitivity to criticism or disapproval.
    4. Inappropriately seductive appearance or behavior.
    5. Excessive concern with physical appearance.
    6. A need to be the center of attention (self-centeredness).
    7. Low tolerance for frustration or delayed gratification.
    8. Rapidly shifting emotional states that may appear shallow to others.
    9. Opinions are easily influenced by other people, but difficult to back up with details.
    10. Tendency to believe that relationships are more intimate than they actually are.
    11. Makes rash decisions.
    12. Threatens or attempts suicide to get attention.
    She has most of these too. What a piece of work.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 1:05pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ive been toying with the idea of writing a book, however the subject is so grandiose as everyone has had different experiences. how do you combine them all? All i can offer is the facts and my interpretation of them + my own experiences and that of close family. And as far as that goes i have about 25 pages already. its in no particular order and just more of a brain dump right now. but I agree something has to be written on the subject and have started doing what i can. Its funny that COL thinks we are talking about "their" business..what they forget is that the majority of the people on here used to be there..for years on end..it is our business also.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 1:07pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bemused
    Okay, one more post and then I will take a break.

Failed Student, we are both right. A person can have more than one diagnosis; this is called co-morbidity. For example, someone can be depressed, obsessive-compulsive, and codependent.

The diagnosis of "psychopath" or "sociopath" is now called Antisocial Personality Disorder (APD), and here are its criteria:
    1. failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest
    2. deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
    3. impulsivity or failure to plan ahead
    4. irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
    5. reckless disregard for safety of self or others
    6. consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain steady work or honor financial obligations
    7. lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another
    TYK has all of these too. I wouldn't have thought so before I read about some people's experiences that were worse than mine. She also seems to have deterioriated in the years I've been out.

NPD and APD are closely related, both part of the Cluster B family of personality disorders. Yet another Cluster B disorder is Histrionic Personality Disorder (HPD), which used to be called hysteria:
    1. Constant seeking of reassurance or approval.
    2. Excessive dramatics with exaggerated displays of emotions.
    3. Excessive sensitivity to criticism or disapproval.
    4. Inappropriately seductive appearance or behavior.
    5. Excessive concern with physical appearance.
    6. A need to be the center of attention (self-centeredness).
    7. Low tolerance for frustration or delayed gratification.
    8. Rapidly shifting emotional states that may appear shallow to others.
    9. Opinions are easily influenced by other people, but difficult to back up with details.
    10. Tendency to believe that relationships are more intimate than they actually are.
    11. Makes rash decisions.
    12. Threatens or attempts suicide to get attention.
    She has most of these too. What a piece of work.

In the infrequent times that I have meet her, I have either seen or read that these are all her disorders.

She sounds like a Madame OJ to me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 1:12pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    anyone know any publishers?