218358 Bullies, 4911 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 2743
Page 262 of 275 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262 263264265266272 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 9:37am

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One more incident I want to tell you about, and I think it is very crucial to what is going on out there..

When ATC had it's first anniversary, TYK had a special gathering . We were all instructed to bring candles that had not been previously lighted to the dojang. When we arrived, she had set up a table at the head of the dojang with candles, water, rice, and fruit. She was dressed in robes. I cannot remember whether they were white or the gray one she had from her mother's temple. She did some kind of ceremony in which we all had to come to her with our candles and have them lighted from hers. She then threw a handful of rice upward and it extinguished the candle. From this she predicted that the end of the world would come by fire. She then asked those of us willing to follow her to come forward again, and she fed us from the fruit.

This tells me two things..she's playing the role of priestess as well as prophetess. Neither is a good thing. Neither should she be asking us to follow her to the abandonment of all other pursuits, which is what she is asking by this symbolic gesture. Feeding us, as in the giving of communion, in inherently bad. She is not ordained by any faith that I know of.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 9:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chica -

I need to ask you a question, You stated that as a young child you and your mother drove by TYK's home which she shared with her then husband and that she drove a Mercedes. Could you tell me as close as possible how old you were at the time?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 9:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The previous posts were composed Sunday late, but this morning, as Morpheus released me from his gentle embrace, I began to think about some of Chica's posts.

TYK spits water on you, puts her feet up ny your head in the movies, etc. This is not an honor, she is acting out some repressed anger. I'm no psychologist, and no, Yeoman didn't come up with this idea, but it's very clear to me that everything she does is some kind of manifestation of retribution. Perhaps something happened to her in Korea, whether it was the bombing of her friend, or maybe some US soldier took advantage of her,or something happened in the place she plied her trade. Whatever it was, she's getting back at Americans, IMHO.

What better way to do this than to put her feet on their heads, throw their food (candy) to them like caged animals, spit out her anger at them, sap their mental and physical strength, and take their money too. Maybe the soldier was African-American, and she wanted to humiliate an African-American by making her student parody himself at that dinner you mentioned. The parallels are undeniable.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 9:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bemused
    The eyebrows I speak of weren't just the wispy little arches most people have on their faces. They were TYK-type eyebrows, dark and solid.

I chose the handle bemused because I take after my dad, and as he has gotten older he has tended to view everything with a sort of bemused detachment. Far more enlightened than TYK, if you ask me. And as I've gotten older, I've had the same tendency. (Dad once offhandedly referred to TYK as "Grandmistress," alluding to S&M ladies, who often call themselves "Mistress So-And-So.")

Most of the disturbing dreams I've had have been of being back in COL and having to plan an escape. In some of them I've told TYK off. But I didn't actually leave like that. I tried to negotiate a way to leave with dignity. I was able to do so, somewhat, because another student had recently left angry, and I was nice by comparison.
    Hi Bemused -

You and I have never met I don't think.

Your disturbing dreams and mine are quite similar. In many of them, I was in some underground mall and the exits were blocked off and they were hunting me down.

The reference to S&M by your dad is a thought I had once too about her. She came to class in high black leather boots, tight black pants, and a black vest. I can't remember whether they were leather though. I remarked to one of the female students that "all she needs is a whip". We both had a hard time supressing laughter in that class.
    Last edited by Failed Student; 9/17/2007 9:57am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 10:14am

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Failed Student, I've had dreams of being in big sprawling houses like TYK's and not being able to find a way outside--every door opens to another room. In other dreams, there are no physical barriers. I've just plotted how to leave without confrontation and where to stay. In yet others I've been pulled back in and am wondering how I got there.

clarehoare, I believe it was SAK that first did the eyebrow thing. Ironically, TYK told other students to have their tatoos removed. Only SHE can brand her servants!

Chica, you may not have known this, and of course I couldn't show it much, but I was looking out for you. I'm very, very proud of you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 10:26am

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From all I have read, we have to stop this snake before she hurts anyone else.

"When you see a Rattlesnake poised to strike, you do NOT wait until she has struck before your crush her" - FDR

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 12:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bemused, do we know each other? I'm always glad to see people that have been able to get out and get on with their lives. There is "Life" after tyk. It just takes a long time to trust people again. You have lived in such a horrid, parinoid enviroment, that it stays with you for a while. I don't even know if you really ever get over it. Or you keep a wall up that you don't let people invade again.

Chica is just blooming. She is such a beautiful young lady. She doesn't know how strong she is or how everyone is so proud of her. Being raised as a child there has made her face a whole new world. She is so brave. Every day it will get easier Chica. Know we are all sending good thoughts and lots of love your way. Keep up the good work. The only way is up. You don't know how special you are.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 5:20pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kathy Kim, we have met. As I relate more of my experiences, you may be able to guess my identity, but if you do, please keep it to yourself. I'm not ready to fully come out yet. You're very brave for revealing your name.

I'm feeling like ranting and reflecting about various subjects. I've been waiting for this. Every year or so I've done a web search on TYK hoping to find something other than the usual PR BS. Now there's a Tae Yun Kim Cult *category* on Yahoo Search. Wow!

I found the celebrity page on TYK's website quite interesting. I think her appreciation for Barbara Bush is genuine. She's far more conservative politically than she admits publicly in this oh so blue state.

Willie Brown got his picture taken with Jim Jones back in the 70s. You'd think he'd be a bit wiser to the cult thing than other politicians.

I find the picture with Hillary Clinton especially galling. Back in 1992 TYK told her COL class to vote for Bush Sr. At least one student was called onto the carpet in the next class for voting for Clinton anyway. Then, years later, she showed COL the infamous slander video on Clinton. If Hillary only knew.

I've been out of TYK's orbit for years now. The first year and a half was really tough. I was so exhausted that if I went out after work two nights in a row I'd get sick. I was depressed, lonely, confused, angry. Now all that remains are the COL dreams and distrust of authority. I can work for a boss or learn from a teacher, but they don't get any automatic respect from me. They have to earn it. At one company I organized a mutiny--successfully!

Most people who hear about brainwashing don't know how it really works. People don't become robots. They become so fixated on the illusion of a loving community or a future paradise that they put up with a lot of pain. It takes a lot of doublethink.

Chica, you talked about living with bitchy women. I won't excuse their behavior, but I'll attempt to explain it. They had inadequate sleep and nutrition. That alone would make anyone irritable. But in addition, they were required to rat on each other in their journals and discouraged from forming real friendships. It was the same with the men. Your brother wasn't any better off.

TYK didn't want students at each other's throats, because it made her look bad and required her time and energy to intervene, but she didn't want students forming alliances that might threaten her. She *said* she didn't want us to compete with each other, but she constantly compared us with each other. We always knew who was going the extra mile and who was in the doghouse each week. And while I don't have proof, I think at times she deliberately turned students against each other.

She claimed to be so unique. If you want to see how unique, look up narcissistic personality disorder in Wikipedia. She's a poster child for that diagnosis. You'd think that such grandiosity would make a person happy, but it mainly makes them isolated. I'm reminded of Kim Jong Il's solo in the Team America movie, "So Ronery."

It appears that an endgame to the TYK saga may be approaching. I don't think anyone needs to take her down. I think she'll self-destruct in some way, most likely through some form of fraud. I just hope she doesn't take others down with her. Some cults just dissolve, like the Rajneeshees. I hope it ends "not with a bang, but a whimper."

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 6:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you so much Bemused for coming forward....every voice just adds another dimension and further confirmation of everything we experienced. You are right on the money about the relationships. Remember the spoked wheel....our only relationships were supposed to be inward to the hub of the wheel (TYK) not to the next spoke. I've thought a lot about that since leaving. In many ways her explanation of the strength of this wheel doesn't make sense. Sure the wheel needs the hub for strength, but if the spokes don't have some connected tread it won't be able to roll...will it? Never made any sense to me....and there fore falls the weakness in her whole organization. Mother wasn't supposed to bond with child, nor were individuals to bond as friends. Just further illustration of a cult if you ask me.
    And I absolutely experienced TYK pitting COL members against each other...she would challenge me by saying..."well so and so did this for me, if you were a good student you would do this for me...." There was no doubt she used this tool to pit us against each other and at the same time get us to go above and beyond at all costs to ourselves, physically, financially and emotionally.

And yes me too....I still have "escape" dreams. Over the last 4 years those dreams have changed from looking for escapes or doors, running in fear to finally being able to stand up to her when confronted face to face with her. I pray for the day when the dreams completely stop. And yes, I too have difficulty with any one telling me what I should do anymore. Authority doesn't sit well with me at all anymore....but I believe as time moves forward, I'm finding balance with that as well.

Every day gets better.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 7:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bemused
    Kathy Kim, we have met. As I relate more of my experiences, you may be able to guess my identity, but if you do, please keep it to yourself. I'm not ready to fully come out yet. You're very brave for revealing your name.

I'm feeling like ranting and reflecting about various subjects. I've been waiting for this. Every year or so I've done a web search on TYK hoping to find something other than the usual PR BS. Now there's a Tae Yun Kim Cult *category* on Yahoo Search. Wow!

I found the celebrity page on TYK's website quite interesting. I think her appreciation for Barbara Bush is genuine. She's far more conservative politically than she admits publicly in this oh so blue state.

Willie Brown got his picture taken with Jim Jones back in the 70s. You'd think he'd be a bit wiser to the cult thing than other politicians.

I find the picture with Hillary Clinton especially galling. Back in 1992 TYK told her COL class to vote for Bush Sr. At least one student was called onto the carpet in the next class for voting for Clinton anyway. Then, years later, she showed COL the infamous slander video on Clinton. If Hillary only knew.

I've been out of TYK's orbit for years now. The first year and a half was really tough. "
    Mum's the word.....They have came after me, I have been threatened, I have had my phone tapped and such...I'm a little older and a little wiser now.....if they decied to come after me it just may back fire. It's a lot easier now to catch people doing the wrong thing. Besides that, I can't be quiet about everything. Enough people have been harmed. I can't believe some of the stories that I have read here. She has totally lost it. It has to be brought to public attention. Which I think it has.

tyk doesn't care about politics. When I was there she had pictures with Pete Wilson and Diane Feinstein. Then she didn't even vote, and probably no one esle had time off work to vote. Politicians come to her because there are several people she has sway over and she can bring votes and funds to their cause. If they only knew. She likes having her picture taken with them because it makes her feel important. Then when she shows the pictures around she can show who her powerful friends are. What a pittiful way to live.

tyk even pits the instructors against each other. She use to tell me she felt bad but she knew she showed favortism towards WWH. He was her favorite. She would talk about one student about the other. There is no one that wasn't talked about. She wanted to see who she could trust telling stuff to. Who would tell her the stuff on the other, that was a big test. She told me stuff about shs, probably to see if I would tell him.

I have to run, but keep the stuff coming as you think of it. The more that come forward, the stronger it makes others and they will be able to talk about what bothers them.
    The hardest for me, was the love that I had for so many, the feeling that I belonged there, and then they totally hated me because she said so. The lies that she tells about us all. When she asked me to come back, I told her no. I told her she would never be able to trust me again and I would never be able to trust her. I lost respect for her. Without truth you don't have anything.