Spectator Fee
    $5.00

Posted On:
    3/26/2005 1:05am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unfortunately, Allen (the guy organizing the tournament) picked the exact day that Caique is teaching a seminar at our school in Louisville. I highly doubt any of our guys will be competing in the tournament (it would probably look bad to skip our main instructor's seminar to compete. Stupid politics.). I'm still not sure if I'm going to the seminar, but I if not, I will at least watch the tourney. Man, this sucks.
    Last edited by Cassius; 3/26/2005 1:12am at .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/26/2005 4:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kungflujitsufliptric.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

BJJ

I know of that BJJ school in Louisville. I studied there a little while and found them to be pretty good BJJ guys. They also teach shaolin kempo there too right?

Posted On:
    3/26/2005 2:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I think they do teach Kempo there. I've rolled with a couple of their guys, and they are under Bruce Shepard, a Black Belt in Evansville, Indiana (Bruce is under Marcelo Ferreira). Nice guys. The time I sat in on one of their classes, they worked on strategies for dealing with non-grapplers. Seemed like they were really interested in practicing BJJ as a martial art, not just a sport. Always nice to see.
  5. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    3/29/2005 11:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

location location location

It is to be held at the E.P. Sawyer State Park.
  6. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    4/08/2005 3:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess that none of you Louisville folks are going to be there...
    Oh well, even though my wife can't compete due to injury, I still plan on trying it out. I was thinking about it a little while ago and felt like I was going to puke. I hope I'm calm when it's go time. I would hate to humiliate myself by barfing on the mat due to nerves. Maybe I'm too old for this. :occasion1
  7. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    4/11/2005 11:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Humiliation

Humiliation
    That is the only word that I can use to descibe my first outing.
    I have embarrased myself before but this was the absolute most embarrasing moment of my 38 year life. I told everyone that, "If I lose, I lose, no big deal and I kind of expect it. I just don't want to be humiliated. I don't want to be quickly made someone's bitch." My worst nightmare came true. Imagine how fast the big bully in grade school could get the feeble nerd to yell "uncle!" That is roughly what it must have looked like. I swore that no matter how bad it was that I was going to share the video with my Bullshido brethren. It happened so fast that I don't even want to watch the video myself so sharing it will probably not happen either.

I got dominated, plain and simple. I had never done anything like this before in my life and my opponent was just that much better than me. He did win first place so there was nobody else that beat him either. I have no excuses but there was a couple of things that confused me...

First, at my school I was told that the weight classes would be the international metric weights convert to pounds so I was trying desperately to get under 188. On January 1st I weighed in at 205. I got to 190 pretty easy but it appeared that I wasn't going to get under my 188 target. I try real hard that last week, dieting, skipping meals here and there, working my ass off, etc. Since I can't run anymore, I even rode my bike to class the night before, which was a little foolish because the sun was down by the time my class was over so I had to ride back in the dark. I assume getting my ass ran over the night before a tournament would be detrimental to my performance. When I weighed in I was told that 188 wouldn't knock me down because the next lower weight class was 170-185. Well ****! I thought that there was no way that I would be under 185 and figured I tried so hard for nothing. I hopped on the scale and HOLY ****, I actually came in at 183. I was shocked but happy. There was one other person from my school that weighed in at 184 so we figured that we would be in the same bracket. He went once, then they called him up again before I even went once. I was confused. Then the called me up and it was go time. Seconds later it was over and I felt totally embarrased. When they were giving the awards out I payed close attention, hoping that the guy that beat me got first place. They went through the 171-185 winners and he wasn't called up. I thought, "Holy ****, the guy that whipped me didn't place. How embarrasing." Then they awarded the 186-200 pounders and there he was, 1st place. I was in the higher bracket all along. Not a big deal, but I felt really stupid for punishing myself for the last couple of weeks for nothing.

Second, there were 3 medals awarded in my weight class. That means that there were at least 4 of us. How can you only get one fight? Single elimination really sucks when your first match is against the best guy.

Posted On:
    4/11/2005 3:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Khornelius:

At least you stepped up and competed. There's always next time.

How did the rest of RPMAA do?

Did Bruce end up taking anyone to the Pan Ams this year?
  9. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    4/11/2005 4:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garbanzobean
    How did the rest of RPMAA do?
    Win some, Lose some, I can't remember the totals right now but I think everything went pretty well. Unfortunately I was the last one to go... :eusa_doh:

Quote Originally Posted by garbanzobean
    Did Bruce end up taking anyone to the Pan Ams this year?
    Rob

Posted On:
    4/11/2005 9:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How did Rob do at the Pan Ams? Did Bruce end up competing as well?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast