Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2005 1:40pm

Style: Multiple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai-Tenshi
    Are you saying you want to hold an Oklahoma McThrowdown, cause we've been needing to do that for a while ^_^
    lol - we certainly could. I'm sure there would be plenty of takers over there, including me...

Was that you on the forum? It is so hard to tell when someone is a real person or just one of OMA's personalities... if a real person, welcome to OKFightnews if you start posting there.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    4/11/2005 1:43pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, it's me, and trust me, the name makes sense: legally blind.

I'm one of the special kids.

I think I'll stick around okfightnews.com.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2005 2:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very cool and welcome!

Do you train with any of the guys on there? You're more than welcome to come out with us this weekend for a drinking event - although with the fights coming up quite a few people will be taking it easy...

Now what is this of an OK throwdown? Just getting a group together to spar? We could do it in our ring (not regulation size however) or I'm sure Dale would be happy to let us borrow his. How do these things work out? I've read on a couple deals about throwdowns, but didn't really see what they were about or how they were conducted...

Only problem w/ our crew is everyone is either MT/kickboxing or MMA/groundfighting... I guess it could be interesting to see how well us MT/kb guys could hold off the mma guys from getting us to the ground though (total disadvantage there w/ boxing gloves on - fight would be over)

Posted On:
    4/11/2005 2:37pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train with Tommy Goodrich and Doug Stokes here at OSU and the OSU wild bunch TKD/Karate team under Lori Corder (don't know if you know any of the wild bunch, but anything'spossible). I used to work out with the OSU judo team of which Olorinii here on bullshido is a member, been meaning to visit them again, just haven't gotten around to it. As has been brought up over there on the okfightnews forum, Mike Dillon recently started working out with us here at Stillwater.

An Okie McThrowdown has been stewing for a while as Bullshido has slowly gotten more and more Oklahoma members. Basically the idea is to just get together people of various martial backgrounds to spar and trade ideas, see what works out well against differently trained fighters and what doesn't. It gets video taped, some lunk head tries to set it to music using his awesome windows movie maker skillz, and then it gets uploaded for all to behold, enjoy, and mock. I've been thinking about having it here at the OSU colvin center's combatives room, but there's probably a whole big mess of red tape the university would put me through if they realized what was going on; having it out at one of the bigger places in Tulsa would probably be the way to go.

As for coming out drinking this weekend, like I said I'm legally blind; I can't drive. Tthe only way I could get out there is if someone else were going. I would love to come and hang out in Tulsa and hopefully I will soon, it just probably isn't gonna be this weekend.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2005 3:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds good - I think most of the guys over there would be happy to do something like this. A lot of us cross train with each other, so wouldn't be anything new to us, just getting a bigger group together...

WB - I know a lot of old school guys that I'm either buddies with or have fought with, but not sure who is WB or not... Roger Green, DAC, Don Padgett, Steve Rizek, Charlie Cantrell, Kang's back when people fought hard core, Mr. Cole, Mark Mercer, and another instructor from Gibson's that I can't for the life of me remember his name - big guy, interior decarator... too many others to name...

You might ask some people how many of those were WB - I'm sure several were, if not all...

Edit - add Alan Kelley (and Barb his ex wife)...
    Last edited by BryanORourke; 4/11/2005 4:34pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 1:34pm

Style: Triton (MMA)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would like to add TRITON to the list of schools in Tulsa. TRITON is primarily a submission wrestling and MMA school. The instructors are both former USMC Drill Instructors and are great people, but they definately put a strong emphasis on conditioning. We have 5 active fighters who train here regularly, as well as several others who come in from time to time.

The website is www.tritonccsd.com

I apologize for the mega bump, but in case anyone out there is wondering, there is another good MMA school in Tulsa. Oh and btw four of us will be fighting on Aug. 19th at the Brady theater here in Tulsa, tickets are still available ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 1:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Triton is legit and Piet and Summer Wilhelm are good peeps. There are a lot of really cool guys over there and it is one hell of a workout!

Just keep your eyes open for Mike Lyles - he's always trying to check the new guys oil... :eusa_danc

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 1:44pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heard good things about Triton.

Wish you guys had a branch here in the hell hole that is Midwest City.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 1:45pm

Style: Triton (MMA)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanORourke
    Triton is legit and Piet and Summer Wilhelm are good peeps. There are a lot of really cool guys over there and it is one hell of a workout!

Just keep your eyes open for Mike Lyles - he's always trying to check the new guys oil... :eusa_danc

seriously, wtf......how is he going to have any fun if they know its coming.....(this is scott btw....just whoring through)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 1:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whats up man?

You ready for your fight?

I'm going to the Maurice Smith & Mikey Burnett seminar on Saturday so I won't be drinking at all or very much Fri after the fights... you going to the seminar too?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast