Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2005 10:03am

Style: Multiple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On watching - Dale usually gives a group of friends ringside, so I'll probably be there. Afterwards we go drinking at Smitty's on Brookside - Jason Smith (owner) is one of Dale's old champs...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2005 10:05am

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the link I posted, it says "mar 19 [pride + k-1 bouts] greenwood center tulsa, ok." Maybe it just means the fights are held under k-1 and pride rules.

Where do your fighters generally fight?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2005 10:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ack
    In the link I posted, it says "mar 19 [pride + k-1 bouts] greenwood center tulsa, ok." Maybe it just means the fights are held under k-1 and pride rules.

Where do your fighters generally fight?
    Yeah - that is Dale's deal at Greenwood.

There are a few other promoters around, but Dale is the biggest and best for the area. He'll put on a few shows a year, and we'll usually have at least one guy in there.

Dale's heavyweight, Toby Tillman, started with us.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2005 4:48pm

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was looking on here for schools in tulsa and I went to that www.okfightnews.com forum. I went there and asked about where to train and all I got was like 10 pages of people talking nonsense and threatening me. Don't even waste your time going there.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    4/09/2005 10:46pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManArmy
    Newbie, I will one day find you at a gym.

Its only a matter of time. You are going to fight me and it wont be pretty.

You can save your self an extra beating if you man up and meet me on my turf.

I have never lost a fight in a Dairy Queen parking lot and Im not going to start with you.

Which one do you want to meet at

Lets do this

-OMA (TM)
    That's just fucking funny right there.

Well, you heard him man, pick your Dairy Queen!!!!!111one!

The thread in question.

Seriously though, here at OSU MMA we've had a guy from Adam's Muay Thai come in by the name of Michael, has a business card and everythign but I can't recall his last name or find the card; Adam's Muay Thai seems like an excellent school if he's any indication of their other trainers.

Didn't so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

Posted On:
    4/09/2005 10:55pm

Style: Ex-TKD, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garyr
    I was looking on here for schools in tulsa and I went to that www.okfightnews.com forum. I went there and asked about where to train and all I got was like 10 pages of people talking nonsense and threatening me. Don't even waste your time going there.
    I found what I think is your thread in their equivalent of Trollshido, posted here so others don't have to go clicking around:

I just moved to tulsa and i'm looking for a place to learn self defense. I'm more interested in learning practical self defense techniques than sportfighting or katas or anything. I'm looking for either group classes or individual instruction. There seem to be a lot of people on here so I was hoping some of you would tell me where you train and what styles and about your dojo and styles so I could see what's available here and get started.
    I think what pissed them (and a couple of people here too I'm guessing) is where you insinuated that sportfighting isn't practical for self defense. I didn't read beyond the first page, so it could be something else too, but that was my take on the situation.

BTW, I just sent my intent to enroll and housing paperwork to TU, so I'm definately gonna be down there in the fall.
    sudo make me a sandwich!

Posted On:
    4/09/2005 11:00pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hedge, I so totally fucking ninja'd you, it isn't even t3h funny.

Oh, and I couldn't help myself

I done got involvx0red!
    Last edited by Stick; 4/09/2005 11:22pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2005 10:31am

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't mean to piss anyone off. I just wanted some advice. Anyway they finally said that they were just kidding with me. I still think that's pretty lame but whatever. I think I've found a good instructor in tulsa to give me private lessons. I'm going to do a little more research on him and then hopefully get started.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2005 9:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garyr
    I didn't mean to piss anyone off. I just wanted some advice. Anyway they finally said that they were just kidding with me. I still think that's pretty lame but whatever. I think I've found a good instructor in tulsa to give me private lessons. I'm going to do a little more research on him and then hopefully get started.
    Gary,

Don't let any of those guys bother you over there - almost everybody in Tulsa knows each other & they thought you were just one of us trolling. Honestly, most all those guys over there are very cool and instructors around town - they just figured you were the guy (OMA) that was giving you the most crap - he talks to himself lots of times...

I'm AdamsFighter on that forum... feel free to come back if you want.

Thanks,

Bryan

Posted On:
    4/11/2005 1:37pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanO'Rourke aka Adamsfighter
    First of all,

ICANTCU - You're name sucks - I say this because you can't see us and I see you came from BULLSHIDO.NET - the biggest troll forum in the world - a bunch of teenager martial artists that have NO f-ing clue and dog any martial art they personally don't do.

ICANTCU (Hint: that's me) - I'm all about new people on our forum, seriously - but tell all your friends at Bullshido that if any of those joker douchebags want to PROVE they're something instead of posting it on a full of s hit website, come over here and be personally invited by a few of us to GET THE STAMP put on em...

Other than that - you sound too much like Partymone and we done gots one of him...

Telling you sincerely to post something worth reading or BEAT IT,

AF
    Are you saying you want to hold an Oklahoma McThrowdown, cause we've been needing to do that for a while ^_^
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast