Page 1 of 3 123 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How long until I see a benefit

When it comes to muscualr endurance in particular, how long until I see results. For example, I need to work on my punching endurance, one of the exercises that was suggested to me was throwing 1000 jabs, since I don't have a bag at home I throw them at the air. I started yesterday, if I do them consistantly, how long before it gets easier?
    Also, how often should I workout like this. If I'm working on endurance should I do it everyday, every other day?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have an obese, black, CMA-stylist overlord make you punch the heavy bag 1,000 times with no gloves.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1000?

That's a lot of jabs.

1000 each side?

I really can't tell you one way or another because I have never tried to do what you are trying to do. But I have noticed improvements in myself in 2-3 weeks.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tommorrow.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin69
    Tommorrow.
    I wish.
    Should I be doing them everyday? My coach is old school, and he says I should be doing these exercises every day, ie situps, various drills, which doesn't jive with what is generally preached here.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well, IF you can do them everyday, then they are NOT that intense are they ?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Set a goal for yourself, and perform a high intensity exercise to reach that goal. Punching a bag 1000 times is only going to make you able to punch a bag 1000 times and serves no purpose. As for the time, I'd say 4-6 weeks with a comprehensive program.

Your coach is an old school idiot. No, you don't perform any exercises everyday.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, when I throw alot of jabs, my bicep(left) feels sore. When I throw jabs in the air I feel it specifcally in my bicep. What else could I do that would help me throw more jabs without tiring my arm out.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    Ok, when I throw alot of jabs, my bicep(left) feels sore. When I throw jabs in the air I feel it specifcally in my bicep. What else could I do that would help me throw more jabs without tiring my arm out.

WHY ??????

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why what?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last