Sponsored Links Spacer Image

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    3/08/2005 12:20am

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been telling guys on this board for almost two years now about Diego and they've always seemed to be "Okay, sure, he's the King of New Mexico, whatever". Stoogejitsu and I used to roll with him all the time and it was just ridiculous how hard it was to handle him on the ground or stay on your feet. I will be very surprised if he doesn't win the whole thing.

As for Chris Leben being back, it's probably good for the show. Kind of unfair to Josh Koscheck, but thats showbiz. They probably kept the guys who left the show in another house, so maybe Chris got a week of vacationing on the other side of Vegas. Curious to see if Leben is as obnoxious as before without any alcohol in the house. . .
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2005 12:20am

Style: Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Jack
    Josh never stood a chance against Diego anyways. Does anyone else get pissed off when people say "[pure strikers] just need to work on their takedown defense"? Good God. Learn some groundfighting.
    Welllll..... in all fairness.... working on takedown defense is alot easier than becoming adept enough in groundfighting to stave off these joojitsu bastard masters....

is still hungry.

Posted On:
    3/08/2005 12:27am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn
    Welllll..... in all fairness.... working on takedown defense is alot easier than becoming adept enough in groundfighting to stave off these joojitsu bastard masters....
    Sure it's easier. But I liken it someone trying to win a boxing match by dodging all the opponent's punches. Maybe it's a bad comparison, but it's not any different than someone saying "I can beat Cro cop as long as I hit him alot, and he doesn't hit me once".

Posted On:
    3/08/2005 12:31am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I honestly doubt and hope that pure anythings are in that show right now. OMG TAKEDOWN WHAT DO I DO NOW?
    But seriously that was disappointing, too one-sided. Those of us in the know, among my group when we watched it LMAO when Josh chose Diego.
    Nice to have Leban somewhat sedated in his interactions with Josh.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2005 12:32am

Style: Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't disagree with you SleepyJack, but honestly... how much groundfighting would Josh have to learn to be able to beat Diego??? (although how easily and quickly Diego mounted him was ridiculous)

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/08/2005 12:33am

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hopefully leben's next fight with josh will be a little more exciting.

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    3/08/2005 12:33am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it has been shown that sprawl & brawl is just as effective as ground & pound and submission fighting.

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    3/08/2005 12:35am

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Piz, I was on the phone with my wife and we were both watching it when Josh picked Diego. She was laughing and going "Oh no, Josh, don't do that, anyone but D. . ."

I would have loved to have seen the looks on the other Middleweight's faces watching that damn fight. So far, Diego has destroyed two challengers without getting a single mark on him.

Hell, did you see the look in Dana White's eyes when he was predicting the fight? He's probably kicking himself for not signing Diego before this show started. . .
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    3/08/2005 12:52am

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope it comes down to Leben vs Diego. I've seen tape of several of Leben's fights and to me he looks like he is always about to lose and then just pulls it off. Diego looks like a machine!

If you've never seen the Leben Doerkson fight...Leben lost the decision but how he survived some of that fight I don't know. I can't decide if Doerkson didn't want to break his arm with that armbar or Leben is that tough. If there are any requests to see this fight I will make it available in the BBC if asked for...SO JOIN THE BBC INGRATES!

Gringo Grande
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

is still hungry.

Posted On:
    3/08/2005 12:52am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn
    I don't disagree with you SleepyJack, but honestly... how much groundfighting would Josh have to learn to be able to beat Diego??? (although how easily and quickly Diego mounted him was ridiculous)
    Yeah, there wasn't much he could've done. But maybe a little could've helped him with the logistics of groundfighting--so he wouldn't have been mounted instantly and beaten without remorse.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast