Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 10:55pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That #3 Pakal knife. Its like sex and a blade messiah rolled up into one.

God DAMN I want that knife.

Oh and the Katipunan... and the War Golok... The Itak Takalog

and that Espada y Daga set doesn't look too shabby itself.... oh and the Ginunting.

The only thing that I have to question is the tang on those blades can't be that impressive judging by the handles, so I have wonder how durable say one of those Kris's or some of the other ones would be in actual combat. Most of those handles seemed to be pure would, can I get a verification on how much of a beating those things can take?

If so, then yeah my wallet is booked for about the next... ever.

Registered Member

I'm surrounded by farms in middle america.

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 6:10am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They look like the same swords sold by ST, if so, they're pretty rugged and the tang goes all the way through to the brass piece on the punyo. They aren't hand made though (unless you count hand-made as using a bench grinder). They are sharper than hell, good steel, and pretty well made though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 6:26am

Style: FMA (Ilustrisimo)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, can you point us to somewhere where we can get said swords cheaper? I know SinawaliTrade was awesome while it lasted (they shut down a while back) and I haven't found anyplace like them since. I'd sale my soul for a new hookup.
    Here is my point:

While I applaud Ron for the various designs available. You can get true collector items for under $200. I just purchased a Kris/Keris approx. 80-100 yrs. old on E-bay. You can find Barongs/Barungs pre-WWII for under $250. If your training and will be crossing weapons for play, most higher end aluminum manufacturers will suffuce i.e. Edges2 If you are collecting, then collect swords that were part of history and not because of design. I am by no means an expert or avid collector (yet). This is merely a frank opinion.

Sardonic or Sarcastic?

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 7:53am

supporting member
     Style: Filipino Kun Tao, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will ask Ron to come on this board and answer questions. I know he has some video clips he's planning to put on the weapon site he's developing

www.traditionalfilipinoweapons.com

where he hacks a deer's head clean off with one strike and some other stuff.

The blades I have (the sanduko y daga set, barong, and pakal knife) are all full tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I would so do Buttsecks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 10:30am

Style: FMA (Ilustrisimo)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    where he hacks a deer's head clean off with one strike and some other stuff.
    Why is it that people find the need to cut through carcass? From Paul Vunak's old video to present day. It is pretty obvious what kind of damage edge weapons can instill on someone. What I find interesting is when people use small weapons i.e. knife, kerambit etc. to demonstrate the potential injuries inflicted by such weapons but yet their execution is nothing like they demonstrated. They are just swinging for the fences. Well, yeah...if your powering through with the weapon it better cut or you should sharpen it more. But, that is not how a knife, kerambit or what have you is used.

Food for thought...

Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 10:45am

Style: Okinawan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice looking weapons. I lived in the PI from 1969-72. There are quite a few Filippinos in the little town where I live. My doctor is from the PI and so is my wife's best friend.

This was the American answer to these weapons.

The Morland warriors were tough basturds and would get filled full of .38 rounds and still manage to hack up several Americans in a fox hole. Colt was asked to come up with something that would "put their asses on the ground".
    People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
    I see the gravity, and I say...

Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 2:05pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    God, I wish i had money.

Get some! Duh!

Kidding, kidding. :angel7:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 2:28pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I have always wanted to rob a bank.

At least now I will have something worth while to put down on the confession they make me sign.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123