Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/06/2005 6:53am

supporting member
     Style: MT, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, all the videos I have are edited and sitting on my hard-drive. I am about to begin uploading them, PM me if you want the link.

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    3/06/2005 7:02am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh sorry for the mix up. I guess I was beaten silly too often and mixed up names.

Posted On:
    3/06/2005 7:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes I would like the link please

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/06/2005 7:34am

supporting member
     Style: Kickboxing/MT/some BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMcFu
    To sum up, it was a great day. Only minor injuries (popped out knee by Hyena, bloody nose from WCJudoGuy, twisted ankle from McKickBoxer) and everyone had fun.
    Actually my foot dislocated from the ankle, and I popped it back in, thinking it would be fine the next day. But I awoke with an ankle 5 times normal size, and have just got back from a hospital visit with the leg in plaster, and on crutches, but only for a couple of days until the swelling goes down.

But so what! The event was excellent, and the sparring improved so much from UKTD1, too many improved fighers to mention, but both Liffguard and Dark M have progressed greatly in standup and ground fighting.

Special mention to Sam H who wins the award as being the most keen fighter, everytime I looked up he was on the matt again!

Please forward me any links to vids and the stills WCJudo guy was snapping.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2005 7:37am

Style: Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by McKickboxer
    But so what! The event was excellent, and the sparring improved so much from UKTD1, too many improved fighers to mention, but both Liffguard and Dark M have progressed greatly in standup and ground fighting.
    I definately agree! Liffguard had got vicious!! Was great to spar him again. I think after i hoofed him in the jaw he decided to step it up a gear. My neck is still a bit stiff from all the punches. And Dark M's armbar is still making my elbow twinge. Was really impressed all round. Hopefully we can go for longer next time.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/06/2005 8:10am

supporting member
     Style: MT, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Almost all the videos have been uploaded, they are in a .wmv format ziupped into a .rar

The following people will be recieving them:
    SamHarber
    MrMcFu
    McKickboxer
    Beaney
    Jonny

If any of you have a good connection and are in a good mood, it would be a great help to re-host them once they have been downloaded.

These are not perminent.

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    3/06/2005 8:12am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobP
    Saw some good skills on display - DM has some nice kicks - and overall it was a good session. Jekyll - hope the knee is ok.
    Much better. I think I must be the hyena MrMcfu was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Posted On:
    3/06/2005 8:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh crap - sorry my memory is not what it was :( Yes, that is you . . .

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    3/06/2005 8:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boy, I wish it had been me throwing you, DM, but it wasn't. Here's my report-thingy:

Took an hour and a half to get to Northampton, then another hour to actually find the place! Walked in at 1.00pm exactly and saw the group all sitting around. Balls, I've missed the introduction. Also noticed the lack of Asia, which was most disappointing, as I was bored of having four functioning limbs and fancied a change.

I filmed about three fights at first, then got a chance to go at it with MMA gloves, shinguards and a mouthguard with a Xing Yi guy (sorry, don't remember names as a rule). I must say, it was a first-time fighting with gear on for me. We started off reasonably nice, then as he landed a few harder shots, I started some harder shots too. I'd only had 3 lessons of judo, so I couldn't manage to take him down, and dumbass that I am, exchanged strikes. We landed a few hard shots on each other (more on me, alas), but my nose was bleeding like a mofo, so the fight had to be stopped. Good stuff, though.

The next fight was against an older Tai-Chi guy (name rule as before) at grappling. He was actually quite good, but I managed not to get tapped out. At one point he said "I'm sure there's a leglock there somewhere", to which I replied that I didn't know any, and we stood up. While he was in my guard, he picked me up and slammed me, which is why my neck hurts like a mofo now! Still, at least I didn't get tapped.

The judo twins (name rule) showed me some stuff (thanks guys), and then I rolled with one of them, who's a brown belt. I managed not to get tapped again, but another ten seconds and I would have had it. Hurrah for time limits! Thanks for your help, guys.

Rolled with a kickboxer who used to do judo, and finally had some success! Scored a tapout from an arm triangle, and another tapout from whatever the hell leaning on their neck with your arm is called. Reasuurance that there is hope for me, at least. Still, no striking allowed, so otherwise I'd have been more bloodied.

Rolled with another judo n00b at the end, lack of technique showed on both our parts. No tapouts, lame submission attempt by me, end of Throwdown.

So what did I learn? Hmm...

1. Going to the gym doesn't mean you can KO people with less body weight.
    2. I suck at striking beyond all belief (a video may show this).
    3. Judo rocks, and I'm going to keep it up.
    4. Not to bag on kung-fu guys too much, 'cos they ain't all scrawny wimps like I've met in the past.
    5. I love the ground game, which I've not really experienced in the past.
    6. There are people that can kick my ass without even trying.

Thanks guys, I had a good time.

NEXT TIME, ASIA!
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    3/06/2005 8:42am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right, well while we're waiting for video, we need an injury list to up the hyp;

Mckickboxer, dislocated ankle.
    Dark M., popped sholder
    Me, popped knee
    MartinShanghi, someone losened his teeth I dont think it was me ;)

Thats not bad for light contact and 21 people, are there anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast