Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 2:24am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionknight View Post
    That's just it though, it didn't START that way, it just went that way as old won kuk kim's ego got bigger and bigger. In those early days it was about bringing in people who knew their stuff or sending someone out to learn it and bring it back. Cross Training.

Again looking back, that may have just been his sales pitch from the beginning and we were suckers for not seeing it.

No matter what we ALL moved on and have in most cases went on to get the training that we were always promised.

Listen take it from a teacher.... a teacher who has been teaching for about 25 plus years now.... you don't need me to tell you that studying with other people is good for you. Go in and tell any teacher you respect that you suck, seriously. Tell them you are depending on them.

Stay away from anyone with a program that proposes to do something you can do for yourself. YOU can go to anyone to learn.... yes you can.

I hear you guys but meanwhile this Kimchi head is now driving a mercedes from your dollars... that is a crime.

So you guys can all send me a lot of money now that I have told you the ancient secret of how to properly cross train yes? :neutral: I wil give you all a certificate as well. haha.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 8:48am

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    Listen take it from a teacher.... a teacher who has been teaching for about 25 plus years now.... you don't need me to tell you that studying with other people is good for you. Go in and tell any teacher you respect that you suck, seriously. Tell them you are depending on them.

Stay away from anyone with a program that proposes to do something you can do for yourself. YOU can go to anyone to learn.... yes you can.

I hear you guys but meanwhile this Kimchi head is now driving a mercedes from your dollars... that is a crime.

So you guys can all send me a lot of money now that I have told you the ancient secret of how to properly cross train yes? :neutral: I wil give you all a certificate as well. haha.

dude... you are so out of date.

You should probably go read all the jungyae threads here on bullshido and get caught up; it's been over 6 years since all this went down.

Over 6 years ago since I left jungyae. Kim lost his Mercedes when we all left him for the douche bag that he was.

I only commented on this thread because someone I knew from back in the day came on looking for someone from that old group. Despite how much I can’t stand won kim, I still have some good friendships from the people I trained with.

Listen to this teacher: You’re preaching to the choir. :XXjester:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 11:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow! I Can't beleive this thread has been revived after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post

Hey Bro, I don't think any of the old instructors involved with Jungyae ever beleived it to be literally 'Total' or 'Complete'. I Didn't. Even when I fisrt enrolled I saw that as marketing. In my mind I always viewed 'Total' and 'Complete' to mean 'Well Rounded'. Only a complete idiot would ever think any martial arts system could cover the complete systems of martial arts. In the late 90's when it was time for the handbook to be re-written, I pushed for Kim to change his definiton of Jungyae (complete) to the traditional definition (true/pure). In the handbook he did, in marketing he did not. I always saw that as a real 'get em in the door' move.

Like Lion Knight said, early on Jungyae was extremely well rounded. Once that began to change (become watered down) and it became obvious that there was no intention of omproving or making Jungyae more well rounded, all the instructors began to bail.

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 1:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hay man my memories is a little fuzzy, but I remember you.

I'm in touch with James and Carl, they still own their school's too. I hear from Pennie every once and a while. I know where Arno and Brad are, but it's been a long time since I have had communication with them.

So what you been up to man?
    Not too much. Just working and growing my family. Wife and 3 kids. What have you been up to? Where are James and Carl? How do I get you my email address without having to post it so we can chat without me having to post my email on here?

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 2:46pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin8578 View Post
    Not too much. Just working and growing my family. Wife and 3 kids. What have you been up to? Where are James and Carl? How do I get you my email address without having to post it so we can chat without me having to post my email on here?
    I think you need like 25 posts to get PM capabilities, so get posting :happy7:

Did you continue to train martial arts after you left jyms?

James and Carl are both still running their schools, pretty much same locations and all. We’re all doing pretty well and continue to learn and grow.

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 3:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you need like 25 posts to get PM capabilities, so get posting :happy7:

Did you continue to train martial arts after you left jyms?

James and Carl are both still running their schools, pretty much same locations and all. We’re all doing pretty well and continue to learn and grow.
    I didn't train anymore after I left. I went off to college, went right into business, got married, then started having kids (3 year old boy and twin 1 year old boys)...not much time for anything these days. I would very much like for my 3 year old to get going in some training soon as I did benefit from it a great deal. I know where Carl is but I wasn't around when James opened his school. He was in the process of doing so when I left.

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 4:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonf1y View Post
    Wow! I Can't beleive this thread has been revived after all these years.

Hey Bro, I don't think any of the old instructors involved with Jungyae ever beleived it to be literally 'Total' or 'Complete'. I Didn't. Even when I fisrt enrolled I saw that as marketing. In my mind I always viewed 'Total' and 'Complete' to mean 'Well Rounded'. Only a complete idiot would ever think any martial arts system could cover the complete systems of martial arts. In the late 90's when it was time for the handbook to be re-written, I pushed for Kim to change his definiton of Jungyae (complete) to the traditional definition (true/pure). In the handbook he did, in marketing he did not. I always saw that as a real 'get em in the door' move.

Like Lion Knight said, early on Jungyae was extremely well rounded. Once that began to change (become watered down) and it became obvious that there was no intention of omproving or making Jungyae more well rounded, all the instructors began to bail.
    My mistake....
    this thread should not be in mabs. its kind of a bit dicey to necro it, but I understand the sentiment.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2010 10:03am

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to add something a little off topic. I grew up in Kirkland and had friend which attended JM. His training seemed okay, but yes, the fee structure was a bit McDojo-ish if I remember correctly.

One thing I do remember, though, was when I went to his first belt test, one of the Senior Student/Assistant Instructors performed a kata with a walking cane that was friggin sweet and blindingly fast. I know that kata isn't fighting or anything, but it was still very impressive and showed evidence of a lot of hard work. I wonder is any of the posters here are that guy that I saw?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345