Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 7:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speaking of “You don’t understand the big picture, I know, I see everything and I know what works. You don’t know.”...

At on point the "master" wanted to put on a Knife self-defense/fighting seminar. He put it into the hands of an instructor who had taken the time to study the Philipino methods. When it was time for the seminar to start the "master" decided that rather than let the instructor with the knife experience run it, he would run it himself. The reason? "That Philipino stuff is no good and doesn't work. I grew up in Hong Kong and I know what really works."

When all was said and done the seminar turned out to be a total joke to be mocked. As an instructor that had to stand there and support the "master" it pained me to watch every student with previous martial arts experience roll their eyes every time something new was taught.

While I understand that in a knife fight, you most likely will get cut, anyone who thought this seminar was for real would probably die.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2003 3:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Un_Jungyae above (hello my fellow x-jyms brother :o) ) made a point I want to expand on (about the lack of humility, which I think is a very nice way of putting it). Everyone should realize that this “master” is about as two faced as they come. He would always go on about the right way to do things and that we had to treat everyone the same and ALWAYS follow the rules. That was until they affected him or until women were involved. I loose count when I look at the number of different ways that he lied and deceived even behind his own Instructors. He will tell you what you want to here in order to indebt yourself to him and then he will use you until every drop of your life force is gone. Once he is done with you he will simply drop you from his life and move on. I have often heard him say that you just forget about anybody who leaves; “Just forget them, cut them off.”

Now anybody who is out there and thinking, no he is not that way, or if you are thinking; no he has changed, then I point you to another of his favorite sayings: “You cannot change who you are.” He has done BAD things to people and he will again, simply because he believes it is his right. He is the “master” and he knows everything (in his own mind). This man (and I use that term loosely) has a ‘god complex’ that is just crazy. The Instructors would even make fun of this behind his back, but he is quite serious about him being the best at everything. I have been there when he told an Instructor (who has a degree in computer graphics, has worked for a fortune 500 advertising firm and worked as a freelance artist for his whole life) that he knows nothing about designing and if he (the “master”) had the time he could do so much better. – Yeah right.

I have seen a lot about Oom Yung Doe from KC Elbow and other places. The best thing I can say about Jungyae Moosul is… well its not as bad as OYD, but the similarities that are there are scary. If you train at one of the “satellite” schools (which would now just be Kirkland and Woodinville, and the school in Missouri, though truthfully I am not familiar with them at all) consider yourself lucky. The Instructors there are doing their best to deliver the best martial arts they can in a hostile environment. Stay as far from the “master” as you can. Unfortunately you will still have to see him at testing time, but if you are in the system that cannot be avoided (unless you are a private student, then ask your Instructor to please just teach you). Survival Trips and seminars should be avoided, save money for something worthwhile, most of these are thrown together last minute with the attitude that you won’t know any better.

That’s all I can do tonight. I had to burn some energy off from working out and doing taxes :o) Good night.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2004 2:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jungyae Moosul - an update

Hello all. I have not posted in a long time, but I do browse often. Basically I am taking some time to update everyone on some things that have happened with my old school Jungyae Moosul. For those unfamiliar with the whole story please checkout the following links:

• This was one of the original threads posted by an ex-instructor of Jungyae Moosul (not me BTW). It is well written and it details a lot of the goings on in the system. Make sure you read “My Story” parts 1 to 4.:

http://www.anyboard.net/rec/sports/R...posts/359.html

• From the Bullshido forums you can find a continuation of the story here:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...jungyae+moosul

and here:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...jungyae+moosul

The basic update is as follows:

A few weeks ago the there were 3 schools still left in Washington State. Mukilteo (where the so called founder is), Kirkland and Woodinville. At this time Kirkland and Woodinville have left the “federation” (meaning the so called “master”) and are now running independently. I have not spoken with them much, but I hope to soon. I did receive a call from the Kirkland Instructor telling me that they has left and he was hoping to stay in touch with me now that they had left.

For those in the Woodinville and Kirkland schools let me say congratulations. The Instructors at those schools are top notch and really care about their students – IMHO. My current understanding is that they are reevaluating the curriculum and moving back towards what Jungyae Moosul was at its conception –a hard fighting style.

To anyone who still trains at the Mukilteo school. I ask you to really look at your so called “master” and wonder what he is really giving you. Realize that to him, you are no more than a money sign and he will tap you for all he can. Ask him why all these schools left and see if you get an honest answer… most likely he will just brush you off or even say that we did not leave but he got rid of us. Also, I believe that the Mukilteo's lease is up in May - has it been renewed or another location been aquired? If not what happens with those contracts he made you sign? Something to think about. Is this truly someone you want to learn from?

If there are any questions please let me know, I will try and stop by to answer as time permits.

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 11:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jungyae

Does anyone have anythng curent on these guys? Know people who are being asked to "invest". Thanks

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 2:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jungyae Moosul seems to have changed into Lightning Tae Kwon Do. You can see their new web site at:

www.ltkdf.com

the old www.jungyae.com still works too.

won kim still seems to be in charge, but it is pretty obvious that all these schools are not “together” but instead using the same name to look bigger than they are individually. Running tournaments, advertising and websites together to look big and strong.

Kind of funny because the whole TKD tournament thing is something he used to preach that he would never do.

I don’t know anything about any of the schools that have joined in this collection, but won kim does not have a good history of treating people well in my opinion.

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 7:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Panther Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would only invest money i did not care about losing.

Kim will come across as being a very wise business man but he is little more than an extremely charismatic motivator.

I would want to see every promise he makes in writing and a very exacting business plan before I invested a dime.

If your friends are lucky enough to get a plan, have them take it to a financial advisor or lender to examine.

He has motivated lots of people to work hard and spend their money to benifit him.

CAUTION!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 9:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by New Tae
    Does anyone have anythng curent on these guys? Know people who are being asked to "invest". Thanks
    Just what kind of "investment" are they being asked for?

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 9:06am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks foo all the infor.. Money is a moving target. From nothing to thirty thousand.

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 9:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Panther Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is he dreaming up this time?

20,000 square foot school?

A federation that will provide support for all of its member school?

Domination of the martial arts world?

Its funny how he used to spend hours bashing tkd and now he is crawling back to it.

When times are tough...

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 2:06pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure, seems it pays for some teacher training. That's a moving target too,
    30K for two people to train to be instructors. Twenty K for one. Opening school is extra Will be cautious. Thanks for input.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast