Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 2:14am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, he never wrote this for a grant.

As for smacking of BS, either put up or shut up on the accuracy of his claims. So far, it seems fairly on the money. He points out the themes and underlying messages of the film, and makes generalizations as to the state of martial arts schools nowadays. Short of sociological research to see what the actual state of affairs is, this article is A-OK by me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 2:22am

Style: Delusional Idiocy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes I do realise this isn't for a grant there was just a few things about the article that irritated me. I know that any given article cannot acount for all areas associiated with a topic, but surely the links in "karate kid" to the literature peripheral to the martial arts and the Asian martial ethos should be disscussed in this article? The film is entitled "The Karate Kid" afterall, does this not scream for a discussion on the actual traditions of Karate-Do?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 2:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok i'm just shitty because the article reminded me of pukes who dis guys like Funakoshi for not soley being concerned with bare hand inficted mayhem. The "martial arts are all about fighting-period" idea seems to be pretty out of order with the writings of many of histories greatest martial artists. Yes without combat application the arts are just like dances, but with that "tang" of of a genuine martial edge (to paraphrase Lee-ha!) then the concept of "BUDO" is indeed a reality.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 2:34am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but you do aikido, so your opinion on this subject automatically doesn't count.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 2:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to hedgehogey again.

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 2:44am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SMF
    ok i'm just shitty because the article reminded me of pukes who dis guys like Funakoshi for not soley being concerned with bare hand inficted mayhem. The "martial arts are all about fighting-period" idea seems to be pretty out of order with the writings of many of histories greatest martial artists. Yes without combat application the arts are just like dances, but with that "tang" of of a genuine martial edge (to paraphrase Lee-ha!) then the concept of "BUDO" is indeed a reality.
    Are you saying I should be like... I dunno... lighting scented candles or some bullshit like that?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 2:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha. No more than you should be flying to mr hans island to fight to the death, or training a bunch of kids like a drill instructor.

Bonta-kun

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 3:27am

Style: fumoffu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is no groundwork involved im botj movies,so they are not realistic.
    *sarcasm*
    "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
    - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 6:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmm i've been a right dick here haven't I? I could have responded seriously. Ah well who gives a **** really?

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 6:16pm

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to let you guys know, "The Perfect Weapon" is on HBO right now. I couldn't help myself and actually turned to it. Can you guess which scene was on? Of course you can, it was the teenage Jeff Speaker using kenpo to beat the **** out of a MUCH LARGER, FULLY SUITED UP FOOTBALL PLAYER! I'm pretty sure that every 15-year-old kenpo student in America ejaculates when they watch that part.

As for me, I think my eyeballs are still burning from the pure, unadulterated presentation of CHF (Cheesy Hollywood Fighting). The horror. . . the horror. . .
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast