Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2005 5:37am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

groin help?

Ok, late last year I tore my groin - bad (huge bruise 1/2 way between my groin and knee, severe pain even when not moving) - but after about 6 weeks off it was good to go.

So lately I have been having tightness and some pain very close to the groin (and you could feel the muscle bunch) when I stretch. Anyway - today I was stretching and had some serious pain. The muscle was tight from my groin all the way to my knee. Normally as practice goes on it stretches out but today it just got more and more painful until I finally made the mistake of trying to do something other then a low kick and PAIN!

I don't think I tore it again - I didn't get that "pop" and pure agony but the muscle is definitly angry and it feels like I have a really long broomstick going from my groin to my knee on the inside of my leg (muscle group is that hard and standing out that much).

Anyone have any advice on what to do other then take another 4-6 weeks off? Have ice on it currently and will start hot baths tonight... This sucks...

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    3/05/2005 5:52am

supporting member
     Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At the time of your original injury - did you see a doctor, did you get an ultrasound, did you see a physio?
    Those injuries ae pretty serius and you should really find out what the extend of the tear was/is.
    It's hard to give good advice over the internet, other tahn - see a good doctor or physio.
    Speaking from personal experience : It took me a year to be painfree and involved lot's of physio and stuff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2005 7:57am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did get an ultra-sound and see a doc the day after and then the week before I started training again. I did not get physio though. I still get "twinges" in the spot where the muscle tore but it's a deep sharp pain that goes away immediatly (the closest thing I can relate it to is that discharge of static electricity when you grab a metal doornob on a cold dry day after walking barefoot on carpet) and it's usually when I'm resting or siting.

Might have to go see him again... :( I hate seeing Dr's in this damned country...