About to start this H.I.I.T programme..Q's.
I'm going to follow the HIIT programme that is demonstrated
tomorrow but before I do I have the necessary noob questions.
1. Is it necessary to do 20 minutes of jogging before I do this? Because I hear you need to do at least 20 minutes for fatburning to start.
2. Should I bother to continue lifting weights during this 8 week period? ( I may not do this for 8 weeks but for at least 5-6.)
3. If so are there any changes I need to make to a low rep/ high weight weightlifting programme?
4. How often should I do a HIIT session...would it be a bad idea to HIIT and lift on the same day?
5. How badly does this burn muscle mass away??
What do you think this will do?
There are only a handful of criteria which constitute physical fitness.
What bearing does this have on them?
Typical teenage things reduce fat,increase cardio/tone are the goal if thats what you mean..
That is what I mean. So wanting to improve your performance in running and biking are not specific goals of your's?
No I have no particular interest in becoming *good* at running and cycling.
My interest is Cardio for sparring/fighting and weight(fat not muscle) loss.
1. no, 5 minutes of low to moderate intensity cardio should suffice.
2. yes deffinately still lift weights.
3. no, stick the same weight regime.
4. depeding on your other cardio type activities, start off twice a week. i wouldnt do HIIT more than 3 times a week.
5. this depends on youre pre/post cardio nutrition.
fat loss is around 80% nutrition, make sure ur eating cleanly
hope this helps
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO