223777 Bullies, 3975 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Read the accompanying text, answer the question there too. Add qualifiers in posts.

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knee on lower sternum, majority of weight on knee

10 58.82%
  • Knee into upper stomach+lower stomach, weight distributed between knee and foot

7 41.18%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    3/05/2005 2:01am

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    you can kill him by applying exactly 17 lbs of pressure at a 38degree angle...
    Actually it's 17.54 lbs and a 41 degree angle. Your **** must be old school!

:XXdog: :5yeah:
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Posted On:
    3/06/2005 5:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use it as a position. If my right knee is on his solar plexus, my right elbow is touching my knee and my right hand is in his collar. From here I usually do a cross lapel choke by sliding my knee off his body (and thus encouraging my opponent to turn towards me and give up his other collar) or a spinning lapel choke. This is my favourite position to finish from.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 12:44am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Why not put all weight on the solar plexus?
    Kind of why I was asking. While the exact spot of weight placement is as generally irrelvant as yrkoon mentioned, I've been taught this two ways:
    1) A position from which you can control an opponent but float really well
    or
    2) A position where you can grind the hell out of an opponent but you lose some mobility.

Like Aesopian I don't use it a ton and so was wondering how other people view the position.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 1:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those of you using it more as a position versus a transitional point, do you find that if you've got your weight driving down like that you lose much mobility?

I'm asking because I've found if I keep some weight on the ball of my foot I'm still mobile but can also control well. I've gotten decent at staying tight and heavy but am now trying to get better at floating between spots. I'm a big slow lug so I'm trying to figure how best to use positions transitionally.

Deus: Link?

Host-Personal Defense TV

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 3:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This position is my Bread and Butter. If I pass your guard to side control, Knee on the stomache is shortly to follow. I use it as a tool to suck the life out of my opponent. I maintain for a while re-establish side control then pop back up. If he turns in I spin to the other side and do it again. I use it to soften them up, then mistakes start to appear.

As far as placement, Knee on "chest" foot off the mat. He gets to carry it all. If we are wearing the gi, one arm pulls up on his knee the other his opposite side collar. This is punishing and a newbie will tap from it.

KOC is the shizzle.

Posted On:
    3/08/2005 5:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been told I've got an extremely heavy knee-ride. As I said, my knee-ride consists of my right knee on his solar plexus, with my right hand in his collar allowing my right elbow to drive into his sternum. I don't generally worry about controlling his arms because with my knee and elbow where they are, the guy has a hard time turning. Plus, I want him to turn into me to make it easier to choke him. I found in the past that if I try and go heavier that my knee-ride suffers. So correct placement of my knee and my elbow make the most impact.

Chemist

Posted On:
    3/09/2005 4:38pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been taught option two, as to press the air out of the diaphragm

having said that, I am almost always on the receiving end and never the giver as I'm working on that........

Most of the guys I train with love to use this as a means to get either arm into an armbar, but it can also be unstable.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

MMA Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    3/09/2005 8:35pm

Style: Jazzercise

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Why not put all weight on the solar plexus?
    this works for me:)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2005 1:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Knee on sternum works well in both gi and no gi for me. When I am being knee rode I find it easier to deal with the knee on stomach (have perception of more time to play with as less lamars laboured breathing, etc).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12