Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 2:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hardcore training: Kyokushin & MT

Very few systems are know for their intense and "hard core" training, like the ones know as Kyokushin and Muay Thai.

One can argue that it's their training that makes Kyokushin and MT fighters famous and feared world wide.

Typical Kyokushin conditiong involves pushing the upper limits of human exhaustion ( if you're not puking, you aint training bitch), physical pain is welcomed.
    Weapons are conditioned to smash rocks and bricks, shins to snap baseball bats in two !
    The body is exposed to strikes and kicks, including wooden swords, to prepare it for the rigors of combat.

The plateus of person endurance and pain, fall on a regular basis.

And the sparring is always hard contact with regular bouts of full contact.

When gloves are used, all targets ( except groin) are permitted, but Kyokushin is know for its bare-kuckle full contact sparring, which, when no gloves are worn, face punching is NOT allowed.

As for MT, the rigours of training and the amazing condtioning of MT fighters is legendary.
    Shins are conditioned to smash into the opponents limbs over and over and over, taking from him not only the ability to stand, but the desire to fight.
    Knees and elbows are smashed over and over into the punching bag and into the "thai pads", making them lighting fast and a awesome weapon in the MT fighters arsenal.

These two systems, though archaic at times with their training regimes, are for all people, of all shapes, sizes, ages and gender, BUT, it is at their most elite level that, Muay Thai and Kyokushin, become the systems that inspire awe from the everday Martial artists.

And its their hardcore training, their conditioing, their viciousness, that makes them what they are.

Please feel free not only to post your 2 cents about MT and Kyokushin, but to also show how YOUR system and YOUR tarining compares.
    Last edited by Ronin; 3/04/2005 2:09pm at .

[This space for rent]

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 2:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aspiring competitive amateur boxers work hard too, ass.
    EDIT:

To actually give a decent reply I'll just say that I think that elitist in any physical sports train pretty damned hard.
    Last edited by Traditional Tom; 3/04/2005 2:34pm at .

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 2:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And WHO do YOU think you are talking to ?

If you wanna post on how "hardcore" your training is, this is the place to do it, otherwise STFU.

[This space for rent]

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 2:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While getting over my cold, my religious training regimen consists of extreme amounts of finger clicking in KOTOR 2-fu and catching up on homework-do and correspondance-uki.
    Or something like that.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 2:39pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Tom
    While getting over my cold, my religious training regimen consists of extreme amounts of finger clicking in KOTOR 2-fu and catching up on homework-do and correspondance-uki.
    Or something like that.
    Better reply would have been:
    I am a ***** and I suck so whip my ass like a bad, bad donkey !

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 2:46pm

Style: wingy chingy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Gasp* Your enourmous ego is psychiclly beating my ass! *Argh!* Make....it....stop!
    "It does not matter who the master is. It does not matter what the face looks like. The masters are of the Qimen school of qigong/meditation which is related to Zen. The master wears white robes, and the predecessor master wears bright gold robes. The qimen school travels the univers and is not restricted to what paradise they live in. It has many masters" -Serious Harm

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 2:48pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A similarity between Kyokushin and boxing:

When I was going for my BB in Kyokushin I pushed myself to be able to break a fock with a shuto, the infamous hold the rock on one hand and break with the other.
    I drilled and drilled the makiwara till it Broke ( 2x4) and I drilled and drilled the punching bag till my hands were shaking and trembling ( yes, I did break a stone and a brick that way).
    And when I was training for a boxing match, I decided to drill hooks and uppercuts to the body on the punching bag till my knuckles were bleeding ( wraps only).

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 2:49pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by grond
    *Gasp* Your enourmous ego is psychiclly beating my ass! *Argh!* Make....it....stop!

My e-penis is at least twice the size of my ego, bitch. :wave:

How about some "training anecdotes" from you.

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 2:51pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by grond
    Ronin could mangle you even if he wasted his time taking wing chun.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 2:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boxing conditioning seems to me like they're trying to weed out any slackers by killing them. The emphasis is on muscular endurance as opposed to hand and leg conditioning. ie Circle drills for 10 rounds, followed by calf raises, followed by squats, followed by jump drills. Then Pad or bag work, followed by weight work, followed by bagwork. Situps upon situps upon situps.etc... Also any torturous exercise that they can come up with. ie Jump squats.
    Last edited by ojgsxr6; 3/04/2005 3:02pm at .
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast