Sponsored Links Spacer Image

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 4:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 5:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *sniff* that's beautiful, man.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 6:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now that I have that link, I can say this is the best thread ever.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 6:19pm

Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by XVampireX

As for anti grappling article: http://www.xingyiquan.org/modules.ph...tegories&cid=1

Now screw, ALL of you.

This is kind of dumb. No mention of san ti, lots of magic jing.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 6:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so, this xingyi guy is basically saying that when omeone charges me from arms length or so, i should move into it. go it, and added to my "how to give your hips away" repetoire.

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 8:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by locu5
    so, this xingyi guy is basically saying that when omeone charges me from arms length or so, i should move into it. go it, and added to my "how to give your hips away" repetoire.
    San ti (the basic xingyi stance) is meant, among other things, to train you to avoid a standing clinch (and so far, I've trained it against an untrained clinch and it's been OK -- I can't make any claims about someone who's setting up for a throw). He may be thinking that he'll crash into the guy with SupahJing before he can set up a shoot. I've never heard anyone claim it will somehow help with anything below the waist.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 8:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i train san ti as both standing practice (meditation body awareness) and as part of xing yi forms. i have played with it a fair amount in sparring. it is not the clinch or double-leg you need to worry about, even if you fudge the weight distribution. be more concerned with someone shooting for that front leg. in any case, i would not recommend trying to half step, worm step, full step, or seven star step towards the shoot as a method for jamming it up. think of the sprawl as one of the retreats prior to advancing.

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 8:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by locu5
    i train san ti as both standing practice (meditation body awareness) and as part of xing yi forms. i have played with it a fair amount in sparring. it is not the clinch or double-leg you need to worry about, even if you fudge the weight distribution. be more concerned with someone shooting for that front leg. in any case, i would not recommend trying to half step, worm step, full step, or seven star step towards the shoot as a method for jamming it up. think of the sprawl as one of the retreats prior to advancing.
    Makes sense to me.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 12:03am

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The antigrappling article is genius. My favorite part, though, was this:

To be able to use this tactic though, there is a very important thing that you shouldn't forget: you should rely on a very good stepping system. I know a lot of XY fighters that can do very good, but they can only move in a straight line. front and back. When it comes to stepping, front and back linear stepping is the basic; it is extensively trained in 2 basic forms: "Jintui Lianhuanquan" and "Pi wuxing" . It's one of the most important training methods of XYQ and only after you are able to use it in a fight, you'll begin to understand the principle of "not opposing force". I'll go back to linear stepping later, but once you have mastered the linear force of advancing and retreating that exists in the linear steps, you'll have to consider to begin to move sideways, diagonally and in circular patterns.This kind of stepping training is, in my opinion, of the utmost importance and all top level fighters should be able to freely move in any direction. Easier saying than doing, that's true, but if martial efficiency is your objective, you should spend a lot of time alone, in stepping practice. Please keep in mind that in this case, I am considering that the XY fighter already have finished his basic training and have all the 3 external coordinations mastered.
    Remind me to stop giving kung fu people the benefit of the doubt.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 12:49am

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't this what happens every time XVampiteX posts? I hope for their sake that they're just a very determind troll.

I don't know if you fellows should start bashing Xing Yi just yet. I've seen all of one Xing Yi video and have really only heard good things about it. It's no _ing _un. Here is another case of "it's not the art it's the fighter". It's not the Xing Yi that breeds idiots, it just so happens that this idiot practices (or doesn't) Xing Yi. Sigh...
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast