Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 11:00am

Style: Shaolin Eagle Claw Kungfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    pressure points have always worked. i dont see why they wouldn't. most people dont know how to apply the right pressure to them. even myself have a hard time sometimes feeling out certain ones. some people are more receptive to others too. a wrist grab on one person might hurt them a lot while on another they dont feel it. feeling them out and finding them takes practice too cause each person is different, but also the same in a way. but believe me you can control someone if you have a good enough grip.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 11:03am

Style: Chung do Kwan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the only thing pressure points are good for is the scronny pathetic shotokan fags that are annoying u with the front snap kick..

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 11:06am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thax And His Ax
    the only thing pressure points are good for is the scronny pathetic shotokan fags that are annoying u with the front snap kick..

You actually make my knuckles itch when you post. Seriously.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 11:14am

Style: Shaolin Eagle Claw Kungfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    You actually make my knuckles itch when you post. Seriously.
    yeah. but the moron doesnt know what he's talking about. so ignore him.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 11:16am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *cough*PoisonedVarrots*cough*
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 11:26am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleClawChinNa
    pressure points have always worked.blah blah blah.
    To rely on pain compliance and highly accurate targeting as self defense is stupid.
    If you've already established a high degree of control over an individual's movement (e.g. mount or guard) fine, otherwise it seems like an absurd gamble.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 11:52am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dochter
    To rely on pain compliance and highly accurate targeting as self defense is stupid.
    If you've already established a high degree of control over an individual's movement (e.g. mount or guard) fine, otherwise it seems like an absurd gamble.
    I agree. It can be in your bag of tricks but I wouldn't base your whole strategy off of using those.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 12:00pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny this thread should pop up.

Last night Eduardo was telling us about how when he teaches at the police academy, everyone tries to use pressure points and face rakes and such on him. He showed us how he will get mount on them and they'll stick their arms out and try to drive their thumbs into his jaw to hit pressure points. He'll sit there a second to see if it works, then go "Hrm, oh well" and armbar their outstreched arms. He said "Yeah, maybe pressure points work. They have never work on me, but hey, maybe they work... :icon_roll"

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 12:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    Funny this thread should pop up.

Last night Eduardo was telling us about how when he teaches at the police academy, everyone tries to use pressure points and face rakes and such on him. He showed us how he will get mount on them and they'll stick their arms out and try to drive their thumbs into his jaw to hit pressure points. He'll sit there a second to see if it works, then go "Hrm, oh well" and armbar their outstreched arms. He said "Yeah, maybe pressure points work. They have never work on me, but hey, maybe they work... :icon_roll"
    That's another good point. What works on some people doesn't necessarily work on others, whether sheer genetics or just mentally tough. One of the shihans in the Booj (who has died within the past year or so unfortunately), Butch, was like that. No matter where you hit him or what you tried to do to him as far as pressure points, he'd simply shrug it off. It never seemed to affect him. According to my sensei who trained with him, not even Soke Hatsumi could get him with anything. Some people are just naturally that way.

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 12:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know if this counts as a pressure point, but at a seminar over the weekend, we practiced whacking the side of the neck with a forearm. Initially, I thought this was stupid. Then it was done to me.

Lights went out, just for a second. My knees buckled, and if my partner wouldn't have caught me, I'dve fallen right down. If any of you saw the video clip of the Kuk Sul Won guy vs. Pimp, it's the same thing he did, except he used his hand. Five minutes later, I had a headache.

It took a little practice, but eventually I was able to make it work on a few people of different sizes. We had one guy that no one seemed to be able to put down. Eventually one of our lower belts hit him just right, and he went out like a light. Don't know if that's a pressure point or not, but it worked pretty damn well.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast