Page 2 of 8 First 123456 ... Last
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    western ma
    Posts
    16
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    pressure points have always worked. i dont see why they wouldn't. most people dont know how to apply the right pressure to them. even myself have a hard time sometimes feeling out certain ones. some people are more receptive to others too. a wrist grab on one person might hurt them a lot while on another they dont feel it. feeling them out and finding them takes practice too cause each person is different, but also the same in a way. but believe me you can control someone if you have a good enough grip.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    143
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the only thing pressure points are good for is the scronny pathetic shotokan fags that are annoying u with the front snap kick..

  3. #13
    JohnnyCache's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,528
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thax And His Ax
    the only thing pressure points are good for is the scronny pathetic shotokan fags that are annoying u with the front snap kick..

    You actually make my knuckles itch when you post. Seriously.


  4. #14

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    western ma
    Posts
    16
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    You actually make my knuckles itch when you post. Seriously.
    yeah. but the moron doesnt know what he's talking about. so ignore him.

  5. #15
    JKDChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,131
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *cough*PoisonedVarrots*cough*
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    8,046
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleClawChinNa
    pressure points have always worked.blah blah blah.
    To rely on pain compliance and highly accurate targeting as self defense is stupid.
    If you've already established a high degree of control over an individual's movement (e.g. mount or guard) fine, otherwise it seems like an absurd gamble.

  7. #17
    Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking... supporting member
    VikingPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,993
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dochter
    To rely on pain compliance and highly accurate targeting as self defense is stupid.
    If you've already established a high degree of control over an individual's movement (e.g. mount or guard) fine, otherwise it seems like an absurd gamble.
    I agree. It can be in your bag of tricks but I wouldn't base your whole strategy off of using those.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,501
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny this thread should pop up.

    Last night Eduardo was telling us about how when he teaches at the police academy, everyone tries to use pressure points and face rakes and such on him. He showed us how he will get mount on them and they'll stick their arms out and try to drive their thumbs into his jaw to hit pressure points. He'll sit there a second to see if it works, then go "Hrm, oh well" and armbar their outstreched arms. He said "Yeah, maybe pressure points work. They have never work on me, but hey, maybe they work... :icon_roll"

  9. #19
    Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking... supporting member
    VikingPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,993
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    Funny this thread should pop up.

    Last night Eduardo was telling us about how when he teaches at the police academy, everyone tries to use pressure points and face rakes and such on him. He showed us how he will get mount on them and they'll stick their arms out and try to drive their thumbs into his jaw to hit pressure points. He'll sit there a second to see if it works, then go "Hrm, oh well" and armbar their outstreched arms. He said "Yeah, maybe pressure points work. They have never work on me, but hey, maybe they work... :icon_roll"
    That's another good point. What works on some people doesn't necessarily work on others, whether sheer genetics or just mentally tough. One of the shihans in the Booj (who has died within the past year or so unfortunately), Butch, was like that. No matter where you hit him or what you tried to do to him as far as pressure points, he'd simply shrug it off. It never seemed to affect him. According to my sensei who trained with him, not even Soke Hatsumi could get him with anything. Some people are just naturally that way.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Keep going North until I say stop
    Posts
    2,109
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know if this counts as a pressure point, but at a seminar over the weekend, we practiced whacking the side of the neck with a forearm. Initially, I thought this was stupid. Then it was done to me.

    Lights went out, just for a second. My knees buckled, and if my partner wouldn't have caught me, I'dve fallen right down. If any of you saw the video clip of the Kuk Sul Won guy vs. Pimp, it's the same thing he did, except he used his hand. Five minutes later, I had a headache.

    It took a little practice, but eventually I was able to make it work on a few people of different sizes. We had one guy that no one seemed to be able to put down. Eventually one of our lower belts hit him just right, and he went out like a light. Don't know if that's a pressure point or not, but it worked pretty damn well.

Page 2 of 8 First 123456 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO