Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 8:56pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

BJJ pressure points do work!

This happened to me last week and I just remembered it today. It proves beyond a shadow of doubt that the pressure pointers have been right all along.

I was rolling with a blue belt doing guard pass drills. I have him in my guard and he's doing the wedge elbow against thigh guard pass. Normally, that just causes pressure and a bit of pain, but this time it just completely fucking killed my entire leg. Needless to say, I let go of my guard immediatly and he passed.

My entire thigh was sore for the entire day and the day after that. I swear he must have wedged in right between the muscules and jabbed the nerve in there (cyanic nerve?). It felt as if I had some massive bruise but of course there was no marking.

This brings up an interesting thought, of course he wasn't trying to go for some 'pressure point attack' but whatever happened, it worked like a charm. What if there is some validity in pressure points? Imagine the possiblities of a world armed with pressure point attacking jiu jitsu ninjas!

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 9:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by En
    What if there is some validity in pressure points?
    Who said there wasn't?
    The issue is trying to hit a 2.5cm diameter area in the middle of a fight against someone who is somewhat more active than a heavy bag.

personal bjj/pressure point story:

Sometime around six months into bjj I got mount on a classmate. He proceeded to try and "nuggie" my temple with a knuckle. I responded by eziekieling the hell out of him. He was an ex-aikidoka who had been doing bjj for about a year. You'd think he'd have known better.

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 9:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

I went to a chinese medicine doctor for some massage on my knee that was hurting from BJJ. During the course of the massage he hit the odd sore point. And holy **** did that hurt. I mean he wasn't even trying, but with real intent, he could have fucked me up big time.

Funny, I think BJJ / grappling is actually in a better position to apply teh deadly pressure points than striking because we have some measure of positional control / control over the other person's limbs.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 12:38am

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny, I think BJJ / grappling is actually in a better position to apply teh deadly pressure points than striking because we have some measure of positional control / control over the other person's limbs.
    It can be incorporated with infighting too. Unless you believe positional dominance is not a factor in standup fighting...?

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 12:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never said that.

I believe that it is much easier to apply on the ground as the opponent has less room to manouvre. Standing up is known as the free-movement phase. Hence more difficult to hit precise spots during free movement.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 1:02am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pressure points work. To date, I've might ONE person who can apply them under stress at full speed. I do NOT want to fight the guy ... but he can kill me in about 5 seconds without the pressure points, if he wants to.

Not being an android sent back from the future, I don't think I can rely on them.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Beachy Keen

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 1:47am

supporting member
     Style: Chop Socky

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Digging into the insertion point of muscles in the hip and elbow is relatively easy and helps gain leverage when you should be attacking that region anyway.

Best pressure point technique I've been taught, to date, is the ol' knuckle-across-the-jawbone routine for getting the rear naked. It's pretty reliable, there's a major ganglion in there and most people will act to protect it, although i'm sure there are plenty of monsters out there with fucked-up ears and no neck who can resist it all day (I've even met a couple).

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 3:14am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And how are these so-called grappling pressure points any different from the ones that kids use when they're rolling around in the school yard? People have been using these things for ages. In fact I'm amazed that people haven't mentioned tickling someone as a means of getting them to twitch. Girlfriend does it to me all the time, and I'm helpless.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 7:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "eziekieling the hell out of him"

What's ezekieling?

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    3/03/2005 9:27am