Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 5:03am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about we ttt this until a certain 17 year old with one year's experience READS IT.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Cowardly Henchman

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 7:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) Most here at Bullshido understand that the site's purpose is to jump on bandwagons, nuthug a soldier posted to Germany and shout "look at me".

2) A McDojo is an establishment where martial arts is taught. Sometimes well, and sometimes not so well.

3) Bullshido is when the circumstances are found to be not to the liking of the retarded individual making a claim.

4) Just because I post here, I am perfectly qualified to represent Bullshido. In recent times. the average intelligence of the members here has dipped well below the level required to sustain life.

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 10:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    2. A 'McDojo' is a school that uses an exceedingly profit oriented business structure. Warning signs include long term contracts like those used in health clubs, sometimes together with a collection agecny, an emphasis on merchandise and equipment, and an uneccesary number of ranks or belts, which are often paid for by the rank or test for rank.
    2. ADD - May promote "cookie cutter" franchise-like chain.

HONEY BADGER!

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 10:29am

Style: Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) Most here at Bullshido understand that the site's purpose is to expose, seek and possibly defeat frauds in Martial Arts. They also understand that the site's purpose is provide accurate information concerning all types of martial arts and the veracity of claims made by individuals in the martial arts arena.

2) A McDojo is an establishment where martial arts is "taught". McDojos are run by indviduals who cannot teach correctly Martial Arts, who are driven by greed, who are evil (i.e.: attempting to mind-control the studenst is evil).

3) Bullshido is the bullshit of Martial Arts. Celebrating pointless techniques as effective ones is Bullshido. Claiming to have/develop unproven (supernatural) powers is Bullshido. The very existence of Ashida Kim is Bullshido.

4) Just because I post here, I am not qualified to represent Bullshido.
    Last edited by king of seals; 3/02/2005 10:34am at .

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 10:50am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beneath Contempt
    1) Most here at Bullshido understand that the site's purpose is to jump on bandwagons, nuthug a soldier posted to Germany and shout "look at me".

2) A McDojo is an establishment where martial arts is taught. Sometimes well, and sometimes not so well.

3) Bullshido is when the circumstances are found to be not to the liking of the retarded individual making a claim.

4) Just because I post here, I am perfectly qualified to represent Bullshido. In recent times. the average intelligence of the members here has dipped well below the level required to sustain life.
    First + of the day!
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 11:34am

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meex,

Just because you asked:

1) Most here at Bullshido understand that the site's purpose is to educate the membership about the many and varied forms of fraud incorporated into the Martial Arts?

2) A McDojo is an establishment where martial arts is taught and the standards are low, owing to profit motive more than a desire to pass down an effective Martial Art?

3) Bullshido is when the circumstances are found to be contrary to the laws of physics, or a practice of training/dogma which can endanger students with a false sense of security?

4) Just because I post here, I am the only person qualified to represent Bullshido. (NOT!!!!)

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 12:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) Most here at Bullshido understand that the site's purpose is to:

give 20 something and under males, with little-to-no serious amount of experience, an opportunity to strut around like self-proclaimed martial arts experts.

2) A McDojo is an establishment where martial arts is taught and:

Bullshido wannabe experts tend to critisize from the safety of their parent's computer, because they're actually kind of afraid of having the **** kicked out of them if they show up in person.

3) Bullshido is when the circumstances are found to be:

favorable enough for Bullshido wannabe experts to actually back up their childish behaviour with their personal presence.

4) Just because I post here, I am:

unwilling to associate myself with the juvenile actions that seem, more and more,

to represent Bullshido.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 1:17pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grumpy today, are we? There have been perfectly good investigations done and articles written up by this site.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 1:29pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) Most here at Bullshido understand that the site's purpose is to Expose Frauds, Scams, and BS in the martial arts.

2) A McDojo is an establishment where martial arts is taught and the profit motive leads to some degree of watering down or otherwise compromising the value of some or all of the classes in order to make more money. This can include offering daycare facilities where all the kids play at doing martial arts, or employing long-term contracts, like health clubs do.

Being McDojo doesn't necessarily mean that some or all of the instructors are dishonest or lacking in skill, and it doesn't necessarily mean that you can't learn to fight in such an establishment.

3) Bullshido is a catch-all term for martial arts training which is fraudulent. It comes in varying degrees of severity, from various attacks or defences which just aren't very practical, but which the instructor is convinced is lethal because he's never tried it for real, up to and including completely loony claims to movie-like superhuman powers being developed through breathing exercise, forms practice, or just through touching the shihan's pee-pee during a full moon.

4) Just because I post here, I am in no entitled to claim to represent Bullshido.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 1:30pm

Style: Aikido, Boxing, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) Most here at Bullshido understand that the site's purpose is to pubically expose ineffective martial art systems and poorly run training centers.

I think the site's purpose is to provide detailed analysis of different martial arts styles, schools, and instructors.

2) A McDojo is an establishment where martial arts is taught but in which the owners' and instructors' pocket books are the main concern of the school often, but not always, at the expense the student's education.

3) Bullshido is when the circumstances are found to be such that students are learning techniques that instil them with a false sense of confidence in their abilities.

4) Just because I post here, I am not neccessarily fit to represent Bullshido.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast