218269 Bullies, 8056 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 143
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,602

    Points
    64,357
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    3/01/2005 12:03pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KuNg FooL
    I'm not a rank whore. I just meant I'll wait until the next one to see how I feel.I really don't care how many stripes are on my sash. I just wanna be good enough in my eyes. I was only using the ranking promotions as a time frame. Like, by the time I get this rank, we'll see how I feel about myself. It will have nothing to do with the rank, just with what I've learned so far and if I think I'm good enough in my opinion.
    I didn't call you a rank whore. I called myself a belt-rank whore. The fact that you took it that way is telling. You sound exactly like me now. Let me show you why.

    Quote Originally Posted by KuNg FooL
    I'm not a rank whore. I just meant I'll wait until the next one to see how I feel. I really don't care how many stripes are on my sash.
    Now you realize these three sentences contradict each other. You aren't a rank whore(harsh sorry) yet you want to wait until the next level but, you don't care about the next level. I had this same argument with myself. Tied to rank.


    Quote Originally Posted by KuNg FooL
    I just wanna be good enough in my eyes. I was only using the ranking promotions as a time frame. Like, by the time I get this rank, we'll see how I feel about myself. It will have nothing to do with the rank, just with what I've learned so far and if I think I'm good enough in my opinion.
    Again you are tying your skill to your rank. I have a friend who has been a 1st degree for 7 years. He doesn't care about his rank. He should be almos 3rd in the way his art progresses. Does it mean his skills suck. To me no, it is just he is still learning and working.
  2. KuNg FooL is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    428

    Points
    5,920
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    3/01/2005 12:15pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hanbang
    You make it seem like a problem to TRY bjj for a month.
    What, they wont let you back in at your kung fu place if you do this?

    You found this school. It looks like fun.
    Everyone says 'Go try it out!'.
    Now the problem is you aren't good enough of a striker.
    What? WHAT?

    If it does include vale tudo that's of course great, but why not just go for a free trial (assuming them have one) or pay for a class or two just to get a feel for it..

    You are just finding reasons not to go is what it looks like to me..
    I've said a bunch of times already, I going to go to this school. You seem to be under the impression that I want to "try out" BJJ and see if this school is what I want. I've already said, I want to go to this school, I want to learn BJJ. I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. If the BJJ doesn't include the Vale Tudo or Kickboxing, then I don't know if I'd want to stop my stand up training YET. That's all. Let's say I go for the trial class and I end up liking it. I'm still in the same position. I know I wanna go, and I just have to figure out when I'll be happy enough with my striking to switch to BJJ.



    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    I didn't call you a rank whore. I called myself a belt-rank whore. The fact that you took it that way is telling. You sound exactly like me now. Let me show you why.

    Now you realize these three sentences contradict each other. You aren't a rank whore(harsh sorry) yet you want to wait until the next level but, you don't care about the next level. I had this same argument with myself. Tied to rank.

    Again you are tying your skill to your rank. I have a friend who has been a 1st degree for 7 years. He doesn't care about his rank. He should be almos 3rd in the way his art progresses. Does it mean his skills suck. To me no, it is just he is still learning and working.
    Like I said, I don't care about my rank, I was using it as a time frame. It takes 6 months to earn my next promotion, and 6 months for the one after as well. If I have to word it differently so you can understand then I will. I'll wait until I've trained another 6 months, then see how I feel about my skills. If I'm not satisfied, I'll go another 6 months. The rank has nothing to do with it and I honestly don't give a **** about it. As far as I'm concerned, the only significance a belt or sash has it to know who you should fight in a tournament so it's as fair as possible. Other than that, it's pointless.
    Last edited by KuNg FooL; 3/01/2005 12:19pm at .
  3. Greese is offline
    Greese's Avatar

    Motorboatin SOB

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    5,973

    Points
    7,995
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    3/01/2005 12:21pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To keep doing what your doing and not train at that BJJ school is fucking stupid.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.
  4. hanbang is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Posts
    40

    Posted On:
    3/01/2005 12:48pm


     Style: MMA (Shooto)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,602

    Points
    64,357
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    3/01/2005 1:04pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fine don't wory about rank. Go try the school and quit defending your position. If Fu is so great then why bring up this new gym?
  6. KuNg FooL is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    428

    Points
    5,920
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    3/01/2005 1:39pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hanbang
    Yes, that's where I train. The website doesn't really provide much info and it hasn't been updated in over a year.


    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Fine don't wory about rank. Go try the school and quit defending your position. If Fu is so great then why bring up this new gym?
    Wow, you people really don't read anything I write. I even complained about repeating myself already. Stop telling me to go try it out, I already want to go there. I don't need to go there to see if I like it, I already decided I will go there when I want to start my BJJ training. I brought up this gym to see what people thought of it, so when I do decide to begin my BJJ training, I'll know that this school is worth it based on the opinions of other martial artists on this message board. I didn't bring up this gym because I think my Kung Fu sucks and I want something better. I like my Kung Fu and the only reason I'm interested in studying at another place EVENTUALLY is because I won't get the ground training from Kung Fu, and I think that's crucial in becoming a well rounded fighter.
  7. Aesopian is offline

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,501

    Points
    30,327
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    3/01/2005 1:50pm

    Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason everyone is continuing to tell you to go in and do BJJ NOW is because we are all quite sure you are training in crap and we think you would do better in BJJ, but we have all been too polite to just say "You are wasting your time in kung fu. You would have to be a retard to not go train at Team Ground Control RIGHT FUCKING NOW."

    Sorry if it is harsh, but pussyfooting around is getting nowhere.
  8. HAPKO3 is offline
    HAPKO3's Avatar

    Marasmos

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    4,054

    Points
    5,009
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    3/01/2005 1:52pm

    supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look, man, you're really begining to live up to your name here, and that's not a good thing.

    Let me ask you a simple question that you will not be able to answer:

    1) What is it, exactly, that makes you think you're becoming a good stand-up fighter as a result of your kungfu training?

    Try to expand on this one, be detailed. When was the last time you competed in a striking competition, got a chance to measure your skills against someone from a legit striking background under heavy contact and open rules?

    If you can answer that question, compete in sanshou, kickboxing, muai thai, or similar venues, then by all means keep training and refining your striking ablility. It would still be a good idea to train some grappling simultaneously, but at least you'd know that you're getting somewhere. The problem is, though, that you won't be able to answer that question. Chances are, your training is ****. That's what everybody here's hinting at.

    Think about it.

    It took me a brutal beatdown and humiliation, not o mention a few scars, to come to realize something that you're getting for free here. Think about it.
    You say what about my rice?
  9. Andrew WA is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    376

    Points
    521
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassYour first Group

    Posted On:
    3/01/2005 2:08pm


     Style: Taekwondo/Eskrima

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think thats a good idea. Just stick with what you are getting good at now and if there is a time where you feel like nothing new is being learned or you are not getting better at anything then quit and join the BJJ class...But dont just give up on an art your having fun with and are getting good at over 2 years.
  10. HAPKO3 is offline
    HAPKO3's Avatar

    Marasmos

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    4,054

    Points
    5,009
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    3/01/2005 2:16pm

    supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Some fucking idiot
    Blah blah blah where you feel like blah blah blah blah.
    No.

    Fighting is objetive. There's no room for "feels like". You either can win or you can't.
    You say what about my rice?
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.