Sponsored Links Spacer Image

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    2/11/2007 6:13pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tlbf2004
    If a person can't ask a question to someone about one of their posts then what is the point?
    You were flamed for making the noob mistake of resurecting a dead thread, a thread that was pointless in the extreme.

And you are going to be flamed for not using paragraphs-because that was painful to read. And for being a teen-ager etc.

Some dim-bulb went into the club for one class. Probably twisted his body around like some wind up doll when he throws punches and Jean-Yves or another instructor tells him to use more of his arm and dont torque all the way around in a circle. Remember most of the instructors at the club teach in French. So the guy probably miss-understood the correction and instead of asking for clarification comes and posts on bullshido.

Jean-Yves teaches good body mechanics for striking. Not everyone pays attention.

Now tlbf, with your thin skin you were not able to see that, and took this thread as an afront to your master. And in good kung-fu movie fashion you jumped to his defence - not realizing that it had been ignored for a reason.

So, here is a shovel. Go dig yourself a deeper hole by telling us how miss-understood you are, I can hear the violins playing now.

Go read the stickies - and go back to newbie town and post there until you grow up.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/11/2007 6:16pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tlbf2004
    I do train at a Therien dojo (in a town 1 hour south of Ottawa) and the kickboxing program is excellent taught by very good, qualified teachers) but again we are talking opinion which you obviously don't want. My original post was not directed to you or Askeri but for some reason the two of you decided to respond in a hostile manner. I resurrected an old post because someone stated something (again an opinion) which I was interested in having clarrified that is all. But you and Askeri felt the need to complicate matters by attacking me saying I'm not contributing to the thread.
    Thread resurrection is for adding to the thread read the rules. Did we not mention that earlier?

If a person can't ask a question to someone about one of their posts then what is the point? Do you even know who my original post was directed to and what the question was? You start spewing out crap that I was not even talking about. It was Askeri who brought up Jean-Yves record not I. Yes, I stated my opinion that Jean-Yves was one of the best.
    You brought Jean in to this new conversation in your post. Askari was showing yes we know he was really good. It is irrelevant to whether or not TJJ is a bad school.

That is not defending him that is offering a personal opinion which again was not the main point of my first post it was an aside...a filler nothing more nothing less. But that seems to be all that you and Askeri gleened from it...assuming you know the post I am refering to. I don't know how or why this has gotten to the point that it has and I don't really care.
    Then quit posting.

If the person that I directed the question to is no longer apart of this forum or chooses not to respond to me then so be it. It should have ended there. So, unless you know the answer to the question stop responding to my posts with BS.
    Oh shut the hell up. This isn't you, calling on a private line, talking to Mckickboxer, and I interrupted. This is you, resurrecting a dead thread because, your reading comprehension skills suck.

It is obvious he meant the Mcdojo part of TJJ. Jean is brought up to show that, if TJJ is a McDojo, that Jean's good name is attached to a shitty school.

That would be sad.

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 10:03pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude your such a liar your just pissed because you wanted your money back and you signed a contract. I go to this club and I train twice a week with jean-yves himself and I take the MMA classes taught by a Bjj black belt from brazil (20 yrs xp) and a MMA fighter. I played hockey for 15 years competively and never had a cardio workout that hard (I almost threw up my first couple classes). Most of the dedicated students at my school have competed and placed first in both kickboxing and ju-jitsu. So stop bad mouthing a good school were your just a fly by night MMA band wagon wanabe

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 10:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibal1982
    Dude your such a liar your just pissed because you wanted your money back and you signed a contract. I go to this club and I train twice a week with jean-yves himself and I take the MMA classes taught by a Bjj black belt from brazil (20 yrs xp) and a MMA fighter. I played hockey for 15 years competively and never had a cardio workout that hard (I almost threw up my first couple classes). Most of the dedicated students at my school have competed and placed first in both kickboxing and ju-jitsu. So stop bad mouthing a good school were your just a fly by night MMA band wagon wanabe
    outta curiosity, who is this bjj black belt?

btw, this thread is heckuva old. and things may have changed since the original post.

Therien jj is also now associated with fang shen do... which is actually bad for therien jj.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2008 6:47am

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123
    outta curiosity, who is this bjj black belt?
    I wanna know too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2008 9:49am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I take the MMA classes taught by a Bjj black belt from brazil (20 yrs xp) and a MMA fighter.
    The website says this guy's name is Jordan, but that's it.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    7/15/2008 10:31am

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jordan is not a BJJ black belt, nor does he claim anything like that. I'd be real curious about a BJJ black belt with 20 years experience(either as a BJJ blackbelt, or just 20 years BJJ experience) in Ottawa.

Just to add to the confusion, OP was discussing the school on Parkdale, Jordan teaches in Vanier.

Posted On:
    7/15/2008 12:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wasn't speaking about jordan, he has a friend thats comes in a few times a month to help with classes. And if OP was speaking about another location he should bad mouth that owner not about a man who is doing amazing things for the sport. All the locations are seperatly owned

And I still stand by my theory he's just winnig about the fact he couldn't get his money back because he rushed into a sport he knew nothing about and didn't have the commitment to finish

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2008 1:56pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wasn't speaking about jordan, he has a friend thats comes in a few times a month to help with classes. And if OP was speaking about another location he should bad mouth that owner not about a man who is doing amazing things for the sport. All the locations are seperatly owned

And I still stand by my theory he's just winnig about the fact he couldn't get his money back because he rushed into a sport he knew nothing about and didn't have the commitment to finish
    Can you answer the question above:

WHO IS THIS BJJ BLACK BELT?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345