Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 2:32am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Purple Belt to Black Belt Instructor in months with out going to a class

I trained with a guy named Dale Kliparchuk in Edmonton Alberta Canada. that was a purple belt, about one year training. He left the school and months later My buddy tells me one of my Instructors is teaching him jujitsu at his school, so I go to take a look to see who it is, and I see him teaching a class in jujitsu as a black belt, The school was a kickboxing school and he told the instructor he had his black Belt. So he let him teach the grappling. Now I just read the saturday Edmonton Sun, and I find out this guy is now the Chairman of the MMA committee of the Association of boxing commission. and he is making MMA rule changes. How would this commission put someone like this in charge of anything? How do the frauds of the world Get this type of power ? and what should be done about it?

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 2:57am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its too esay to get people to believe lies, you just have to be confident.

Anyway, you need to get some proof if you are making a claim here.

Name? Age? Rank? Evidence of these? Pictures?(preferably of him wearing his ranks, especially his BB) Websites (MySpace, school where he teaches, etc,) Name of the school he teaches at and the school he trained at to receive a purple in BJJ? Instructors name? Phone Number so it can be verified?

Is he claiming BB in BJJ or Traditional Japanese Jiu Jitsu? How do you know he is not a TJJJ BB?

Lastly, once you provide us with this info, you need to invite him onto this thread/forum so that he can defend himself. No with hunts or hidden agendas here please.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 11:09pm

Style: Grappling/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tjkmma, I've done some Googling and while there is a lot of interesting stuff concerning this fellow I have yet to find anything that says he claims to be a BB in BJJ. Can you provide some proof for this claim?

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    6/30/2008 1:30am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the only option is death. Killing him will make things right.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    6/30/2008 5:38am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tjkmma
    I trained with a guy named Dale Kliparchuk in Edmonton Alberta Canada. that was a purple belt, about one year training. He left the school and months later My buddy tells me one of my Instructors is teaching him jujitsu at his school, so I go to take a look to see who it is, and I see him teaching a class in jujitsu as a black belt
    You seem to really dislike this guy.

No BS Martial Arts - View Single Post - Taiyoku?

Commission members are elected. If you really have a hate on for the guy, run against him and get elected in his place.

The following is from a law enforcement review board of an incident in which Mr Kliparchuk was a complainant to the conduct of an officer.

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:...ient=firefox-a

[42] Mr. Kliparchuk testified that he has been involved in martial arts since he was five years old, had six different black belts, is an expert on the Boxing and Wrestling Commission for the City, was a former member of EPS, was trained in equivalent tactics and received training as a firearms instructor through Smith and Wesson. He also stated he was a pressure point control tactics (PPCT) instructor, side-handle baton instructor and taught at a Canadian Use of Force Conference. He testified that he has been a supplier and consultant for law enforcement agencies across Canada, including the EPS until this event.
    He testified in a quasi-judicial inquiry that he had a black belt. There were people present that obviously knew his life in detail and none of them questioned this.
    [55] Mr. Kliparchuk agreed that he had been hired as a recruit constable on or about December 8, 1986, and that on or about March 4, 1988, his service had been terminated by the EPS.
    Mr Kliparchuck was obviously a member of the Edmonton Police Service, any unsubstantiated accusations as to why he left are inflammatory at best and possibly slander. The OP may want to check his facts a bit more.

I second the motion that you invite Mr Kliparchuck here to explain his martial arts background.

Though if we are going to look at something in Edmonton for signs of Misleading advertising, we should look at these guys: http://www.edmontonmixedmartialarts.ca/

They claim to be a Mixed Martial Arts school, yet they dont teach Mixed Martial Arts. LOL.
    Last edited by Askari; 6/30/2008 6:12am at .
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/30/2008 2:50pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At the time Dale had no Black belts in anything he told me he was on the police force. but at the time he was already kicked off. Im pissed off at him becouse I had a family member raped by someone who said he was on the police force, and dale told me years after he was kicked off that he was still a policeman. I traided with him, thought he was my freind and find out later he lied to me. It is a sore point for me.

When I asked how he got his black belt so fast he said he got it from joe lewis.

Dale could have a Black Belt now, but he did lie about it then. He did not say bjj he said in the style he and I were training in.

When I read the paper the other day. I should of called him and asked. But I just got pissed. I just thought he got it from old lies.

If he was elected more power to him. as long as it was not from lies.

I will talk to Dale myself and see what he has to say. I should of doin that first.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/30/2008 3:25pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (Redirected from Mixed martial arts)
    A style of combat/martial arts training that involves training in multiple styles of fighting to include all ranges of combat. The ranges of combat are defined as stand-up, clinch and grappling. Stand-up styles include muay thai, boxing, kickboxing and karate. Styles that emphasize clinching include greo-roman wrestling and muay thai. Grappling styles include judo, sambo, brazilian jiu-jitsu, freestyle wrestling, catch wrestling and shoot wrestling.
    Retrieved from "http://www.bullshido.org/Mixed_Martial_Arts"
    Category: Martial Arts Terms

If a school does this is it not Mixed Martial Arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2008 11:40pm

Style: Grappling/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At the time Dale had no Black belts in anything he told me he was on the police force. but at the time he was already kicked off. Im pissed off at him becouse I had a family member raped by someone who said he was on the police force, and dale told me years after he was kicked off that he was still a policeman.
    Can you please clarify this statement? Are you saying this Dale character told a rape victim he was a police officer? I ask because I can't understand what you're trying to say. Bearing in mind that since impersonating a police officer is a crime this could have been followed-up with the proper authorities (assuming my interpretation of what you said is correct).

Furthermore your opening statement had references to a 'purple belt', 'grappling' and 'jitsu' which would lead someone to think you were talking about 'Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu'. Is this what he is claiming as his black-belt?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/01/2008 12:34am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The style that we both trained in had jujitsu in it. he was a purple belt but it was not BJJ.

Becouse I had a bad experiance with a Person impersonating a police officer. When I found out he was kicked out years before. I was pissed more then I would have been.

Quote:
    [55] Mr. Kliparchuk agreed that he had been hired as a recruit constable on or about December 8, 1986, and that on or about March 4, 1988, his service had been terminated by the EPS.

He was telling me he was a Police officer in the middle to Late 1990s. I Told friends and family you can trust him he is a police officer. so I am Pissed at him.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 8:07pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If a school does this is it not Mixed Martial Arts
    I'll take your thread drift, and go with it. To use Edmonton Mixed Martial Arts as an example of miss-leading advertising as they seem to be trying to pretend to be something they are not.

On their website they advertise that they teach:
    Edmonton Mixed Martial Arts offers TJK (Taiyoku, Jujitsu, Karate) curriculum. The curriculum includes the practical and functional aspects of many styles including Karate, Jujitsu (Jiujitsu), Muay Thai / Kick Boxing, Kung Fu and Tae Kwon Do.
    Just mixing up martial arts is not teaching MMA. MMA is a sport unto itself and requires that you learn it, not just some amalgamation of martial arts.

The images on the site show that they dont know how to do a basic arm bar:

I searched for a fight record for the school owner: Michael Woodford, he doesnt have one that I can find. Link to the search I performed

This would be like claiming to teach soccer, but never having played soccer.

So yeah, this club Edmonton Mixed Martial Arts is, in my opinion, miss-leading people with the name of their club. If we are going to do a fullsome investigation into bullshido in Edmonton, why dont we start with them? and then move on to guys you have a grudge against.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast