Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 5:19am

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sanda vs Muay thai

Just watched the Vcd. These "Thai" fighters don't fight like Muay thai fighters at all. they don't move like them at all. You can tell they are just kickboxers, and you can tell they prolly aren't really from thailand. Give away #1 weight on wrong leg, #2 they bounce when they move #3 they hop over the top rope, very bad mojo in thailand. I can go on but I think you get the point. They don't even look thai, they look like a bunch of kickboxers from hong kong to me. Watch any Lumpini fights this comes very apparent these guys are frauds.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 5:30am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FCTKD
    Just watched the Vcd. These "Thai" fighters don't fight like Muay thai fighters at all. they don't move like them at all. You can tell they are just kickboxers, and you can tell they prolly aren't really from thailand. Give away #1 weight on wrong leg, #2 they bounce when they move #3 they hop over the top rope, very bad mojo in thailand. I can go on but I think you get the point. They don't even look thai, they look like a bunch of kickboxers from hong kong to me. Watch any Lumpini fights this comes very apparent these guys are frauds.
    nothing new. there is not exactly a lot of love lost between the asian nations when it comes to whats better- karate, kung fu, tkd or muay thai- and they will do anything to "prove" theirs is the best. staged fights are a part of that. san shou is great for that sort of thing as well because it is fairly different from the others with its throws and takedowns- hence the reason cung le is undefeated in k-1. if he fought a kickboxing match he would get murdered, but no one else knows how to play his game.

oh and in thailand muay thai fighters are supposed to jump over the top rope.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 12:13pm

Style: MT, BJJ, VT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, if it's the video I think it is... old news. Staged fights are nothing new; bullshit judges neither.

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 12:20pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FCTKD
    #3 they hop over the top rope, very bad mojo in thailand.
    Do you know what you are talking about?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 12:27pm

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah guess not, read it online, sorry

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 4:06pm

Style: mine

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have one of th matches

a mongolian sanda champ vs a thai in thailand

it looks very legit

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 4:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the matches in china had some bad judging... the ones in thailand were judged well. i have VCDs of all of them.

one of the most interesting matches from the ones held in thailand was when a thai fighter who actually had won a gold in sanda at the the pan-asia games, won against the chinese fighter using throws.

the real question is why both the thais and the chinese are not (yet) sending their top level teams into these matches. it's weird, like they are feeling each other out first.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Genius

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 5:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that throws are awarded way too many points in such competitions.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 5:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    tbk, you have shown time and again that you have very little of interest to say about sanda.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Genius

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 5:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1 or 2 throws wins a round. That shows that throws are awarded way too much in such venues.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast