218358 Bullies, 6503 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    4/15/2005 10:10am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    But you haven't disproven that he was "chief instructor" at one point or another. The reality is, and the consensus that many here have come up with is that he taught a group of SEALS unofficially. The one that teaches is the "chief instructor".

You know what, I am the chief instructor of 3 people in my garage. Are you going to try and disprove this as well?
    Refer to this post: http://bullshido.net/forums/showpost...5&postcount=35

He claimed to have created the system, not just trained SEALs. Due to his school's location, his main industry would be SEALs and Naval personnel to begin with. Any school within the vicinity would more than likely attract SEALs, even Tai Chi Chu'an. It's his claims of creating the entire hand to hand system is what I'm saying is BS.

I never said he wasn't a SEAL or an impressive MAist, it's just his marketing is a bit dishonest.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/15/2005 10:25am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis
    Ronin69,

When taken in context, the term "Chief Instructor" refers to head instructor...not "drill sargeant," "sargeant in charge of training," or anything to that effect.
    Ronin69 is correct in military Jargon.

http://www.mcu.usmc.mil/SNCOA/Billet/index.cfm
    http://www.clscbtassc.com/default.asp?member=1

Anthracis is right yet, I still think they are playing of military credentials. Many that use "Chief Instuctor" are former military people. I think it is an advertising tactic. I also Don't think it is wrong. If you are/were in the military you may go here over another school because of the like minded individuals.

http://www.dallasmilitaryfitness.com...orprofiles.htm
    http://www.ccimartialartsacademy.com...uctorsBio.html

To Koto:

Isn't most advertising semi-dishonest? Again like Anathracis said it is within the context. If you are trying to attract military they will see "Chief Instructor" and run to that door. Most of the military guys I know stay away from Internal MA because it isn't grounded in actual combat.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/15/2005 10:29am at .

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    4/15/2005 3:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Isn't most advertising semi-dishonest? Again like Anathracis said it is within the context. If you are trying to attract military they will see "Chief Instructor" and run to that door. Most of the military guys I know stay away from Internal MA because it isn't grounded in actual combat.
    There is such things as false advertising though. If you bought a TV off of someone saying about how awesome the picture was, and you got it home and it didn't work, wouldn't you be a bit irritated? That's one of the reasons for the Better Business Bureau: to prevent against false advertising, people selling faulty products, or outright lying on their sales.

Tai Chi was just for an example, though I did know a Recon cat who was heavily into some CMAs who did a lot of the weird chi exercises that they do.

Posted On:
    12/25/2006 7:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed martial arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have seen some of his videos in years past, and I have to say they look like JKD. Compare them to P. Vanuk´s, who also studied under Dan Inosanto, and you will see what I mean.

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    12/25/2006 8:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haven't read this whole thread and I know its already been said, but Cucci is 100% legit.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    12/25/2006 8:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the day for . . .

:eatbabies t3h D34dly Thr34d N3crom4ncy!!!!:eatbabies

--J.D.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/26/2006 2:43pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to travel the 8 hours round trip to train with Mr. C way back in 93/94/95 when his school was on Va Bch Blvd (i believe thats right) and was called Functional Defensive Concepts. Way back before be paid the marketing company that came up with the Linxx gimmick. Back then, every Saturday we'd go up there were always 4 or 5 guys from the SEAL teams there training.

I got to spend some time around him through training, seminars and just being around the right people and getting invited to dinner. I can tell you he is the real deal. I was even able to see a letter written to him by some high up guy in the Navy reminding him to watch what he said concerning the SEAL's training when he was being interviewed by Full Contact Magazine back in the late 90's. Something about not exposing confidential facts or some such and to speak in generalities.

I don't know what his school is like now, as we quit traveling up there around 98/99 or so. I do know that I was the referee at Combat Sports Challenge 19 in Richmond Virginia and he had several MT fighters there. I believe they all won, and won well. So while there may be a side of McDojo there, from what I saw, they still have some legitimate fighting classes running at sometime.

Posted On:
    12/27/2006 9:56am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't know much about him, but ain't he the dude that looks like he should sing with Frankie Valley and his boys.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    12/30/2006 2:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not that pertinent:

Rolled with a Cucci blue belt yesterday. Seemed like a decent blue.
    Very, very active (which isn't somethign you can't really teach but is a great quality). He was military and had been training with Cucci over two years so I doubt there is too much fishiness.
    Last edited by UpaLumpa; 1/01/2007 5:41pm at . Reason: edit: can should have been can't.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 3:13pm

Style: S.H.I.T. MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    upa, do live in the 757?
    And itsahak, i'm guessing you train at RAM?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast