Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 5:44am

Style: Kyokushinkai, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frank Cucci WAS, in fact, a SEAL, but I would seriously call into question whether he taught in any meaningful capacity his fellow SEALs. Mr. Cucci currently runs a martial arts school called Lynxx Academy of Martial Arts, in Virginia Beach, VA (I, incidentally, am a U.S. Navy Master at Arms currently on Active Duty nearby in Norfolk Naval Station). His curriculum pretty much is standard McDojo fare; i.e., jumping jacks and inspirational pep talks for the kids. I checked them out and saw NO meaningful street-applicable techniques practiced...not even amongst the adult classes.
    Last edited by PJ; 3/02/2005 5:50am at . Reason: correcting one word

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 6:51am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Frank Cucci WAS, in fact, a SEAL, but I would seriously call into question whether he taught in any meaningful capacity his fellow SEALs. Mr. Cucci currently runs a martial arts school called Lynxx Academy of Martial Arts, in Virginia Beach, VA (I, incidentally, am a U.S. Navy Master at Arms currently on Active Duty nearby in Norfolk Naval Station). His curriculum pretty much is standard McDojo fare; i.e., jumping jacks and inspirational pep talks for the kids. I checked them out and saw NO meaningful street-applicable techniques practiced...not even amongst the adult classes.
    Thanks for the first-hand info. Welcome to Bullshido btw....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 7:05am

Style: Kyokushinkai, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thanx for the welcome

Thanks, bro...I love it, and I'm definitely happy to have found it :911flag:

Genius

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 12:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I checked them out and saw NO meaningful street-applicable techniques practiced...not even amongst the adult classes.
    Except for the Muay Thai, FMA, Silat and Brazillian Jujitsu.....

I would say it's part McDojo, they do offer a more hardcore "club" for people that want to train like fighters.
    Last edited by Thaiboxerken; 3/02/2005 12:33pm at .
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 2:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cucci is definitely NOT Bullshido.

Seals, like alot of other military units, do bring in guest instructors to teach a course. This is were many get to claim they taught X elite unit their stuff. Last week I was called by the XO of the SF group here to come teach a week long course. Next week I am dong a course for a Long Range Recon Team (Nat. Guard) who are all tabbed (all this due to the article of course). Now some where down the line I decide to become a full time MA instructor and wanted to be marketable with my lethal tactical skills I can claim I have taught Special Forces and Rangers and I wouldn't be lying. That is what alot of these guys do. They teach one course and BAM they are lethal tactical experts. Generally what I do when I see one I ask what unit, when, where, and does thier COA (Certificate of Appreciation) looks like mine.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 2:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asia
    Seals, like alot of other military units, do bring in guest instructors to teach a course. This is were many get to claim they taught X elite unit their stuff. Last week I was called by the XO of the SF group here to come teach a week long course. Next week I am dong a course for a Long Range Recon Team (Nat. Guard) who are all tabbed (all this due to the article of course). Now some where down the line I decide to become a full time MA instructor and wanted to be marketable with my lethal tactical skills I can claim I have taught Special Forces and Rangers and I wouldn't be lying. That is what alot of these guys do. They teach one course and BAM they are lethal tactical experts. Generally what I do when I see one I ask what unit, when, where, and does thier COA (Certificate of Appreciation) looks like mine.
    Which SF group Asia?

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 2:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    10th out of Stuttgart.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 8:43pm

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good point regarding in what capacity he trained SEAL's. It calls to mind the fact that during the Spring of 2003, I was teaching Muay Thai to the CIA at their headquarters in Langley, VA.

I rarely mention it though, because then I would feel obligated to admit that it was part of a recreational program run through their fitness center. I only taught for once a week for about 10 weeks. It really wasn't much worth speaking of because I have taught in those kind of programs for years. The classes are too short and don't meet often enough to do much more than give people a brief "taste" of Muay Thai training......

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 8:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asia
    10th out of Stuttgart.
    Is this a Det? I believe the HQ was formerly in Ft. Devens (or was back in early 90's), but has since relocated. They had some awesome guys who left incredibly positive impressions.

Any opportunity to train with SF is a cool gig. Good for you.

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 11:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah the a Det but I think their home is Ft Carson now.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast