223537 Bullies, 3774 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 10:43am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by poidog
    No, because it's still press for them. Reinforces their poster image of the ultimate uberkommando death killing machines.
    Exactly. That's why they could care less.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 11:00am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've noticed that one company (TSK) uses nearly the SAME ad copy for everything they distribute.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Genius

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 2:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because Cucci doesn't have any products listed at at commercial SEAL store, that means he was never an instructor? That's your "evidence"?!
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 8:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    Because Cucci doesn't have any products listed at at commercial SEAL store, that means he was never an instructor? That's your "evidence"?!
    Just an observation, didn't claim it was evidence. And the SOCOM store isn't that commercialized, it has direct links to recruiters, SEAL question forums, and a number of other things with the Navy. As I said, we'll see once we get the report from BUPERS.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 8:42pm

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know Frank, and I also know a few Navy SEALs who trained under Frank. He's the real deal.

You can disagree with his marketing, but its not Bullshido

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 8:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Khun Kao
    I know Frank, and I also know a few Navy SEALs who trained under Frank. He's the real deal.

You can disagree with his marketing, but its not Bullshido
    I know his teaching creds, and I'm not doubting that he's a skilled martial artist. I'm just skeptical of his claims of initiating NSW Close Combat, which only comes up on search engines with his name with it.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    2/27/2005 12:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    I know his teaching creds, and I'm not doubting that he's a skilled martial artist.
    If he's packing heat, Cucci won't have to rely on his martial arts skills. Personally, having seen the tape (Delta/SEAL firearms course) of his seminar stick-fighting course, taking a bunch of ordinary folks (most with zero m.a. training) and teaching them how to fight with a stick, is frankly embarrassing if it were ever downloaded to Bullshido. As for his CQB skills and tactics, they are top notch.

I'm just skeptical of his claims of initiating NSW Close Combat, which only comes up on search engines with his name with it.
    It most likely was an unofficial course, otherwise Cucci would've produced a NSW course number instead of putting quotation marks around his SEAL fighting system. It's not a big deal, everybody claims to have trained SEALs nowadays. As far as I am aware, there have only been two men to have done so officially, Dieter and Mr. Peterson.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Genius

Posted On:
    2/27/2005 12:33am

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KFS is correct, it was probably an unofficial course, which is predominate in military hand to hand training.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Posted On:
    2/27/2005 9:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    I've noticed that one company (TSK) uses nearly the SAME ad copy for everything they distribute.
    What?

Posted On:
    2/27/2005 9:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    KFS is correct, it was probably an unofficial course, which is predominate in military hand to hand training.
    Unoffical course must be qualified. Unofficial courses by which entire units are trained by outside instuctors are a fact of life in special operations, but are the exception more than the rule. In Cucci's case, it is likely the exception. I don't find it hard to believe that he came in and spent some time with an entire SEAL platoon or team.

What is common is for an instructor - whether legit or bullshido - to have an operator, or groups of operators, train at their schools. They can make a legit claim to have then trained SEALs, SF, D boys, FR, Rangers, PJs, S/S, etc...but that is often framed in a way which makes it sound more official and structured than what it really is. It is wise to apply a healthy dose of skepticism to ANYONE who makes any claim about training these groups. 90% of time it's going to involve a considerable amount of puffing (to establish questionable bonafides).
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast